Complaint letters are created by individuals who would like to bring up or address an issue that caused his or her dissatisfaction. Complaint letters may be used accordingly depending on the situation that an individual would like to deal with and the people who are involved in the transaction. There are different reasons why a complaint letter is written which is the reason why there are also various kinds of complaint letter formats that can be used. We have curated a number of complaint letter formats for you to have an easier job of creating the complaint letter that is applicable to be used for your situation. Other than the complaint letter formats that you may download from this post, we can also provide you with other kinds of downloadable Complaint Letters on our business archives.
Formal Complaint Letter Formats
Sample Complaint Letter
Formal Business Letter Format
Sample Complaint Letter Formats
Sample Letter Complaining to Electricity Company
Business Complaint Letter Format
Sample Format for Business Complaint Letter
Business Complaint Respond Letter
Complaint Application Letter Formats
Letter of Complaint to Employer
Repair as a Result of Poor Service
Formal Complaint Letter Template
Inclusions of a Complaint Letter
A basic complaint letter, no matter what the complaint is all about, should have the following information:
- The basic information of the person who wrote the complaint letter. It is very important for the company whom you are addressing for the complaint to identify you and the transaction which is the cause of your complaint. It is highly suggested for you to include your name and contact details in the complaint letter so that the company can contact you with regards to your complaint.
- The reason/s of the complaint. A complaint letter will not be complete if you will not indicate the purpose on why you have written the specific letter. Assure that the reason for you complaint is valid for the entity to take corrective actions.
- The date that the incident that resulted to the complaint happened. It is very essential for you to be specific with the date of the incident so that the entity involved can easily investigate what had transpired.
- The information about the incident. Be precise with the details that you will but in your complaint. Assure that all the information needed for investigation will be supplied.
- The key people in the incident. It is very important for a complainant to identify the witnesses of the incident and the people involved in the complaint for more information to be gathered regarding the situation.
- The resolution that the individual would like to have, if there is any. Sometimes, a complaint letter is a way of an individual to just address an issue. However, there may also be times when a complaint letter is translated as the document that request the entity involved to do something about the situation.
Aside from the samples available for download in this post, we can give you more samples of Complaint Letter Templates in the link provided. Other than that, we also have downloadable samples of Offer Letter Formats.
Complaint Response Letter Formats
Customer Response Letter Format
Final Response Letter
Complaint Reply Letter Formats
Sample Letter for Response to Employee
Reply to Customer Complaint
Complaint Letter Formats for Poor Service
Complaint Regarding Poor Internet Service
Complaint Letter for Poor Service
Kinds of Complaint Letters
A few samples of complaint letters are as follows:
- A formal business complaint letter may be written due to misunderstandings with regards to purchase agreements and other details that are related to the acquisition of goods and / or services.
- A formal complaint letter to employer is written by an employee who thinks that his or her labor right has been deprived from him or her. A formal complaint letter from employer, however, provides details about the complains of the management to an employee which can be due to absenteeism and other improper behavior.
- A complaint letter due to poor service are usually given to businesses who are in the service industry. Most people write a complaint letter due to poor service if the customer service program of the establishment, where they are a customer of, did not meet their expectations.
- A restaurant complaint letter is written by restaurant customers who did not like either the service of the restaurant crews or the food that has been served to them in terms of food quality and/or value for money.
Other than our samples of complaint letters, we can also give you samples of Business Letter Format and Cover Letter Format templates for references in creating other kinds of letters.
Restaurant Complaint Letter Format
Simple Reply to Restaurant
Sample Format for Restaurant Poor Service
Customer Complaint Letter Formats
Acknowledgment of Customer Complaint
Letter for Response to Customer Complaint
Customer Service Complaint Letter Template
Insurance Complaint Letter Templates
Template for Car Insurance
Medical Insurance Complaint Letter Template