Everyone who works in an office knows that there are always managers and supervisors that monitor how well an employee does when it comes to work. Those in charge of assessing employee performance have to make sure that they properly look into how well an employee does and ensure that the employee does their job well. You may also see performance template.
Once these assessments are completed, they must then notify the employee regarding the results. And the best way to do that is by handing the employee a performance appraisal letter. This article will talk about how you can make one that should give the employee all the information he or she needs to know about his or her job performance.
Appraisal Letter Sample for Promotion Template
HR Appraisal from Executive Director Letter Template
Promotion Letter with Salary Increase Sample Template
Appraisal Letter Sample for Compensation and Benefits
Employee Performance Appraisal Letter from Human Resources
Example of Promotion and Appraisal Letter Sample
Reasons why you have to write performance appraisal letters
If you’re part of Human Resources, you should know just how important it is to send one of these letters to your employees. So if you plan on writing one of these letters, then you should at least know why this type of document has to be made. Here are a few reasons as to why performance appraisal letters have to be sent out to employees:
- It will allow you to point out the employee’s strengths and weaknesses. The main goal of sending one of these letters is to tell an employee how he or she is faring with the company. So giving the employee a run-down on what he or she is both good and bad at is a great way to encourage the employee to keep improving his or her performance. You can even include suggestions to help the employee to ensure that he or she is able to at least get a better understanding of what needs to be done in order to do better in terms of productivity and performance.
- It will help remind the employee about the company’s goals and expectations. There are many employees out there who forget that a company expects them to meet certain standards that they agreed upon when they signed the employment contract. With the help of a proper performance appraisal letter, you’ll be able to help remind these employees that you and the company expect him or her to produce the work that was agreed upon when they first joined up. It can even help the employee set up their own goals by showing them what they need to work on and what they will be rewarded with should they live up to or even surpass the company’s standards.
- It’s a great way to reward those employees who have done nothing but provide excellent work for the company that they work for. Those in charge of management have to remember that they have to give credit to those employees who have continued to meet their expectations. They should even reward those employees and failure to do so will only end up with frustrated workers. This could then lead to low productivity and performance due to low morale. So the letter should always praise those employees who have done or gone beyond what was expected of them, and it should also state the reward they are to acquire for doing a good job.
- It’s one of the best ways to let an underperforming employee aware that he or she has to improve. While a perfect company has employees that will always arrive on time, always do what they’re expected to do, and even lead the business to the path of success, that sadly isn’t always the case. There will always be those employees who haven’t exactly met the expectations of the company. So with the help of a performance appraisal letter, it can tell these types of employees that should they continue with their poor performance, they should also be prepared to face certain consequences.
How to write a performance appraisal letter
When the time comes that you’ll have to create this type of letter, then here are the steps needed to help you do so:
- Remember that a performance appraisal letter is a type of document that’s aimed at helping an employee, so writing it has to be taken seriously. So there has to be an air of professionalism put into it. This means that what the letter has to focus on is solely the employee’s performance and nothing else. Never take into account the employee’s personality because it has nothing to do with how well the employee does his or her work.
- Remember that this should be a formal letter, so keep the tone as polite as possible. Even if you feel as if the employee has given you one too many problems, you should never let your emotions get the better of you and just focus on handing out the results of the employee’s performance assessment. You definitely do not want to say anything that you might end up regretting as it will just leave a bad image of you and the company to the employee, plus you might find yourself in a situation where you could lose a potential asset to the business. Do whatever you can to ensure that your letter will be well received by the employee.
- The letter should be concise. You don’t want to overload your employee with information, so it’s best that you get straight to the point with whatever it is you want to say. This means that you should tell the employee what a good job he or she did and explain why the employee is being praised, or you could warn the employee that his or her performance has not exactly been meeting company expectations. Then follow it up by stating the employee’s reward for a job well done, or the consequence for continually underperforming.
- Once you’re done writing your letter, you’re going to have to go over everything that you’ve written. You’ll want to make sure that spelling and grammar errors are non-existent so that it will show the employee that you’re taking this matter very seriously. However, the most important thing you have to make sure is accurate is the information regarding the employee’s performance. The results of an employee’s evaluation has to include everything that affects an employee’s performance. So read through your letter to see if you’ve missed out on anything. It’s also best that you have another party, such as a friend or colleague, help you out in trying to find those errors that you may have missed.
Employee of the Month Appraisal Letter Template Example
Salary Increment Appraisal Letter Sample
Appraisal and Appreciation Letter for Good Employee Performance
Appraisal and Promotion Letter Format in PD>
Free Appraisal Template for Yearly Bonus in PD>
Free Promotion and Compensation Increase Appraisal Letter
Steps for writing your self-performance appraisal letter
Employees want to know more about an employee’s performance. So what better way is there then to have the employee do a self-evaluation? So in the event that your manager or supervisor requires that you make this type of letter, here are the steps that should be able to help you out:
- Share all your achievements. This is no time for you to be shy, so make sure that you point out everything that you have done that benefits both you and the company that you work for. By doing this, you may even point out things that your employer missed out on when doing your evaluation.
- Share all of the things that you have learned while working for the company. This includes all of the skills that you have developed and mastered throughout your entire experience. Add details on how they were able to help you with your growth in your job.
- Always remember to stay honest when writing this letter. It will definitely not look good on your employee record should you lie about any achievement and get caught by your manager or supervisor. So make sure that whatever achievement or accomplishment you mention, you have evidence to back up your claim.
- Take your time when writing your performance appraisal letter. This is your own performance assessment, so you have to treat this with a lot of care. List everything that you need to mention and make sure that there are no errors.
In the event that you would like to know more about performance appraisal letters and how to make them, then go through other available articles here on our site to help you.