Internship is an essential step which one must take before completing a course. Not only that, it also serves as a training ground for students to carve a successful career path in the future. Hence, considering the gravity of internships, it naturally follows that quitting your internship sample even before its completion must not be done carelessly or out of whim.
For circumstances only known to you, if you are planning on quitting your internship, you must submit a well-crafted internship resignation letter to your adviser. Crafting this letter would be easier if you have Resignation Letter Templates to refer to. Well, you are just in luck since Template.net holds a huge collection you could easily download. Scroll down below and select the templates which you deem useful!
158+ Resignation Letter Templates in PDF | Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages - START DOWNLOADING
Internship Resignation Letter Template
Preschool Internship Certificate Template
Hospital Internship Resignation
Sample Internship Resignation
What’s the Need for an Internship Resignation Letter?
An internship resignation letter is the letter which is sent by an intern to his/her internship adviser. This letter may also be sent by the intern to the following individuals:
- the owner of the business or company which the student has practiced his/her internship;
- the manager or supervisor of the student when he/she had his/her internship in a company, institution, or organization; or
- the professor or adviser of the student who is in charge of the student’s internship assessment and in making sure that the said student has completed his/her internship.
The main purpose of writing resignation letter is to notify the above mentioned individuals regarding the intern’s intention to quit the program before completing the duration of time agreed upon by the adviser and the internship employer/manager.
If you want to have a more in-depth understanding of the content and format of this letter, download these Internship Resignation Letter Templates on this page. You could also edit these templates in case you decide to simply them as the framework your letter.
Internship Resignation Example Letter
Immediate Internship Resignation
Editable Internship Resignation
Paid Intern Resignation Sample Letter
Some Considerations When Writing an Internship Resignation Letter
The following are some guidelines for you to follow when writing an internship resignation letter:
- An internship resignation letter is a formal letter thus, you must follow the rules on proper formatting of formal letters.
- Make sure that you address your adviser using his/her complete name. Find out beforehand, his/her complete name, job position title, and complete address.
- Be mindful of the tone your use in your letter. Keep it respectful and professional. Remember that your internship is the primary basis for your level of professionalism and work ethics in your future jobs.
- State clearly your decision to resign from your internship.
- Provide your adviser with an explanation as to why you have made such a decision. Make sure that your reason is plausible and practical as opposed to a whimsical and impulsive one.
- Thank him/her for his/her guidance. You can mention the specific areas which you have improved on since you were under his/her mentorship.
- After that, close your letter in a formal manner.
In relation to all these, you may also check out our collection of Resignation Letter Templates. You may access these templates by checking out Template.net’s business archives.