A marketing plan is created and used by a business to assure that they already have a guideline in terms of the marketing activities that they will follow in the coming operational year. Marketing is very important in the business operations as it allows people to know the brand and nature of the business, identify the business among its competitors, and create awareness regarding the products and services that are offered by the company. You may also see plan samples.
Marketing Plan Template
Simple Marketing Plan Template
Marketing Business Plan Template
There are a variety of Marketing Plans that may be done depending on the marketing needs of the company. It is very essential to assess the current market standing of the business before creating a marketing plan to assure that the tools, materials, and activities that will be used are appropriate to the branding of the business or how they wanted to be perceived by their clients and prospective customers.
Music Marketing Plan Template
Real Estate Marketing Plan Template
Business Marketing Plans
Small Business Marketing Plan
Photography Business Marketing Plan
Business Strategic Marketing Plan
Content Marketing Plans
Content Marketing Plan Sample
Social Media Content Marketing Plan
Free Content Marketing Plan
Email Marketing Plans
Email Marketing Business Plan
Strategic Email Marketing Plan
Email Marketing Project Plan
Business Marketing Plans
A Business Marketing Plan does not solely talk about the marketing activities that are needed to be executed by the company. It also consists of an outline which includes information about the following items:
- It talks about the effect of the marketing activities to the business. Marketing programs are created to assure that the target market of the business will be interested to practice their purchasing power to the benefit of the company. The effectivity of the marketing activities of the business can be measured depending on how it can affect the sales of the business and other areas of the company operations where its impact is needed to be seen.
- Business marketing plans also talk about the needs of the business in terms of promotion. It deals with promoting the business not only to the market but also to prospective investors, sponsors, and other business where partnership may be done.
- Business marketing plans are also created to provide information about the processes that are needed to be followed to fully execute marketing strategies. It also involves the people who will be tasked to fulfill specific functions for the completion of the marketing activities written in the business marketing plan.
Guidelines in Creating a Business Marketing Plan
If you are tasked to create the business marketing plan that the company where you currently work for will use for the next operational year, here are a few suggestions that you may follow:
- Be aware of the target market of the company. Business marketing plans will only take effect if the people who need to patronize the service and/or product offerings of the business are tapped. You need to know the following items in terms of the target group of the business:
- The composition of the target group of the business
- The age bracket of the target market of the company
- The current market of the business
- The social background of the people who are considered as the market of the business
- The prospective market that the business can penetrate
- The need of the target market
- The lifestyle that the target market is accustomed to
- The characteristics of the target market
- The activities that can attract the target market
- The behavior and purchase capability of the market of the business
- Acknowledge the marketing mix or the variables that are needed to be considered in creating marketing programs and activities. The basic marketing mix includes the following variables:
- The product including its formulation, creation and packaging
- The price of the offerings of the business
- The promotional tools that will be used in assuring that the market will be aware of the existence of the product
- The location of the distribution
- Identify the company’s advantages and disadvantages which can be done by assessing the following factors:
- The strength of the business in terms of its marketing activities and its product and service offerings
- The weaknesses of the business especially in content and design creation and awareness to marketing trends
- The present opportunities present in the market that the business can make use of to get a wider market share
- The threats that the business needs to face to assure that they will still be trusted and chosen by clients under any circumstances
- The results of previous marketing activities and how they affected the business and its marketing operations and efforts
We can provide you with other Marketing Plan Samples in the link provided.
Digital Marketing Plans
Digital Marketing Strategic Planning Template
Digital Marketing Plan Example
Event Marketing Plans
Sports Event Marketing Plan
Charity Event Marketing Plan
Fundraising Event Marketing Plan
Healthcare Marketing Plans
Strategic Healthcare Marketing Plan
Healthcare Product Marketing Plan
Healthcare Marketing Plan Sample
Construction Marketing Plans
Residential Construction Marketing Plan
Commercial Construction Marketing Plan
New Construction Marketing Plan
Content Marketing Plan
A marketing plan does not only enumerate the activities that the business needs to have for marketing purposes. Specific marketing plans also allow companies to assure that the content that they will produce and present to the market is beneficial to the branding of the business.
A Content Marketing Plan may be used in the following platforms and media:
- Magazine features of the business
- Special interviews regarding the business
- Social media pages of the company
- Company videos and presentations
- Business information graphics
- Online pages and websites of the company
- The physical marketing tools used by the business
- Write-ups regarding the business in print
A basic content marketing plan includes the following details:
- The information that will be shared by the business in various platforms
- The objectives of using particular content
- The key metrics that should be considered especially in electronic mediums
- The action items that are needed to be done to assure the continuation of the content marketing plan implementation
Why Is the Creation of a Content Marketing Plan Essential?
A content marketing plan is important to be created and executed for the following reasons:
- It allows the business to create brand awareness and professional presence.
- It helps the business to have both actual and online reputation.
- It creates lead generation especially if the content marketing plan is highly effective.
- It assures that the target market of the business is considered in creating marketing tools and materials.
- It provides the key to sharing the perception that the company wants its clients and prospective customers to have regarding the business.
If you want to be a part of the creation of various marketing plans by applying for a job position in the field of marketing, you may use our downloadable samples and templates of Marketing Job Application Letters as references in creating the resume that you will pass to your prospective employer.
Annual Marketing Plans
Annual Sales and Marketing Plan
Hotel’s Annual Marketing Plan
Annual Brand Marketing Plan
Product Marketing Plans
Food Product Marketing Plan
Software Product Marketing Plan
New Product Marketing Plan
Real Estate Marketing Plans
Real Estate Marketing Plan
90 Day Real Estate Marketing Plan
Real Estate Sales and Marketing Plan
Retail Marketing Plan Templates
Clothing Retail Marketing Plan
Strategic Marketing Plan
A basic strategic marketing plan includes the following items:
- The introduction of the marketing activities and programs that the business needs to execute in a specific duration of time
- The objective of the marketing plan and the reason why particular marketing activities are needed to be done
- The discussion of the target market of the business and how the company can create strategies to achieve client retention
- The marketing efforts that are needed to be focused on to assure the effectiveness of the entire marketing plan
- The branding strategy of the business
- The information regarding the expected effect of the branding strategies to be implemented
- The kind of media and platforms where the marketing strategies will be implemented
- The customer experience that the business wants to provide to its clients
- The awareness of the business in terms of image building advertising or how they can govern the perception of the market towards the brand
- The advertising and public relation strategies and activities that the business needs to work on
- The marketing situation summary that is needed to be acknowledged to assure the efficiency of the strategic marketing plan
Creation of a Marketing Plan
If you want to create any of the marketing plans that you may download from this page, here are a few guidelines that may be helpful in the process of creating one:
- Properly delegate the tasks that you will enumerate in the marketing plan to assure that all steps and processes are covered.
- Assure that the strengths and competencies of the team members who are tasked to execute specific items in the marketing plan are aligned to the functions that they will be doing.
- Acknowledge the brand guideline and create a marketing plan that will not veer away from the branding where the business is known for.
- Use marketing tools, content, program guides, and materials that are reflections of the business and its processes.
- Follow a calendar of activities to assure that the content of your marketing plan are executed at the specific time duration where it is expected to be done and/or completed.