An employee needs to perform well so that they can be of help to the achievement of the goals and objectives of the business. It is very important to track their improvements for them to be aware of their development brought by the usage of their strengths and qualifications in the operational processes where they are involved in. Moreover, the areas where they are lagging behind must also be noted so proper corrective and developmental actions may be done.
A performance action plan can be of help in letting the employees follow a guide so that they can do better in terms of their performance in the workplace. We can give you samples of performance action plan templates and other Action Plan Template samples should you be needing references in the particular action plan that you are making.
Action Plan Template
Employee Performance Improvement Action Plan Template
Poor Performance Action Plan Template
Staff Performance Action Plan Template
Individual Performance Action Plan Template
Inclusions of a Performance Action Plan
A performance action plan states the basic professional information of the employee, which includes the following:
- The name of the employee.
- The job position of the employee.
- The work functions that the employee is tasked to do.
- The department where the employee belongs.
- The supervisor and the manager of the employee.
- The company identification number of the employee.
It also includes the date when the performance action plan was made and the covered time duration of assessment, which led to the creation of the performance action plan.
Guidelines in Creating a Performance Action Plan
If a performance action plan will be given to an employee, here are some guidelines that the management may follow:
- The performance action plan must provide the metrics used by the company in rating the performance of employees. This will help the employee concerned to identify the developments that the employee needs to showcase based on the needed standard of the company.
- Assure that the action plan will give the employee the right amount of time to show improvement. The time frame of the implementation of the performance action plan must be realistic, measurable, and attainable.
- Allow the employee to know the items where he or she is deemed to be weak at so he or she can focus on those items and be aware that those are his or her areas of weaknesses.
Other than our performance action plan, you may also download our Employee Action Plan Template samples.
Performance Review Action Plan Template
Performance Management Action Plan Template
Performance Development Action Plan Template
Performance Appraisal Action Plan Template
Areas of Discussion in a Performance Action Plan
In creating a performance action plan, here are the areas that are needed to be identified, summarized, and discussed:
- The particular work areas that the employee is not functioning well based on the guidelines of the company
- The systems and metrics used in measuring the performance of the employee in a particular area of business operations
- The nature of the imrovement on performance that the employee needs to showcase after the performance action plan has been give
- The course of action and the improvement procedural guidelines that has been agreed upon by the employee and the management
- The time frame in which the performance improvements are expected to be evident
- The assistance that the company can provide to the employee if he or she needs help in applying the improvement measures that he or she is tasked to provide
- The outcome of the performance plan and the decision whether specific improvements have been achieved
Other than our performance action plan samples, we also have downloadable Performance Improvement Plan templates.