When it comes to managing a business, management has guiding principles to follow in order to properly oversee the company. One is to engage in the planning of the activities and the strategies the management needs to meet company objectives and goals. An example of a plan created by management is a marketing plan for the purpose of promoting the company’s products or services to the market.
The provided plan templates on this website having various plan formats can be applied to particular strategies of any business or academic institutions. The following templates are available in easily downloadable formats for your usage.
Action Plan Format
Academic Action Plan
Community Action Plan
Action Plan for Career
Activity Plan Formats
Monthly Activity Plan
Business Plan Formats
Business Continuity Plan
Strategic Business Plan
How to Make a Strategic Plan
Plans are made as the entity’s guide to accomplishing goals. Here are the procedures to follow when making a strategic plan for your entity:
- Define mission and vision statement. It is important to know at the start of the plan the vision and the mission of the entity to align the discussions on the plan of actions for the entity.
- Lay out your guiding principles. Management usually follow standards and principles as set by the entity. These principles are generated from the core values the company is following.
- Create a SWOT analysis. As evident on the sample business plan templates and financial plan templates on this website, SWOT is a widely used form of analysis, which stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. It is an essential analysis in the planning stage for management to know where the entity stands.
- Determine strategic options. Shown on an example plan template in Excel format, discuss the options you can do to improve on the implemented actions or to address the issues and concerns that hinders the entity in achieving its goals.
- Indicate the action the establishment should implement. Details on the entity’s actions to be implemented coming from the discussed strategic options is indicated by procedure for the employees to understand with less difficulty as illustrated on the example plan template in PDF of this website.
Control Plan Formats
Control Plan for Quality
Process Control Plan
Development Plan Formats
School Development Plan
Professional Development Plan
Individual Plan Format
Financial Plan Formats
Personal Financial Plan
Simple Financial Plan
Job Plan Formats
Maintenance Job Plan
Job Recruitment Plan
Job Consultant Plan
Plan Template Types
To know the various plan templates in Word, PDF, and Excel formats presented, here is a list of the plan format templates with the corresponding information, as follows:
- Action/Activity Plan Format – This plan format template is set for a specific activity of the entity. It may be for the purpose of the entity or the client done for a period of time.
- Business Plan Format – This format projects the plan a business is going to follow for a period to achieve business objectives.
- Control Plan Format – Quality and process controls applying to production of certain products is created with this format in order to gain efficiency and effectiveness in business operations.
- Development Plan Format – This format template is beneficial to entities in overseeing the development of an entity or an individual.
- Financial Plan Format – This format pertains to the guidelines on proper disbursement of generated sales funds. This is more detailed compared to a budget plan as it covers all the financial aspects of the entity.
- Job Plan Format – Plan format under this type focuses on the job of an individual and how the job is done as provided on the job plan guidelines.
- Marketing Plan Format – This plan format is created in relation to the marketing strategies of the company for its products or services.
- Project Plan Format – Software or engineering projects are managed with this type of plan format in order for the engineers to know what to do to complete the project on time.
- Research Plan Format – Research is planned by researchers through this format in order for the research process to stick to the budget being allotted to them by their client.
- Sales Plan Format – Sales action plan template formats of this website illustrates projected sales plans and the necessary actions to meet the sales plan of the entity.
- Training Plan Format – This format pertains to standard procedures of employee or staff training to be implemented by the entity on a specific time frame.
Marketing Plan Formats
Direct Marketing Plan
Digital Marketing Plan
Social Media Marketing Plan
Project Plan Formats
Software Project Plan
Engineering Project Plan
Research Plan Format
Scientific Research Plan
Sales Plan Format
One Page Sales Plan
Purposes of Creating Plans
Making plans for the business entity, with the help a free plan template, is essential for the growth of the entity. Other reasons why creating plans is important are presented as follows:
- To aid in the management in making decisions. Plan formats are easily understandable by management. Thus, the plan they are discussing will help them greatly in knowing what to do next for the entity to reach its goals.
- To create coordination in the operational procedures. As an example, the sample lesson plan outline template shows the guide a teacher is going to discuss in his class which makes the teacher and the students coordinated with the procedures of the lesson as depicted on the plan.
- To encourage the stakeholders of the organization. One motivational action that you can instill on the employees is to present a plan that would encourage them to work and reach the set objectives of the entity. You can make this motivation as their career action plan as illustrated on the example career action plan template.
- To avoid disputes between top management and employees. Crisis plan templates has a format that aids stakeholders in handling emergency situations in the company. Likewise, plans that affect the entire entity will aid in avoiding misunderstandings between the higher and the lower ranks of the organization.
Training Plan Formats
Training Plan for Employee
Staff Training Plan
Work Plan Formats
Audit Work Plan
Work Execution Plan
Work & Budget Plan
Weekly Plan Formats
Weight Loss Plan
HR Plan Formats
HR Recruiting Plan
HR Plan in PDF
Do’s and Don’ts of Writing Plans
Writing a proper plan format is important for the plan to be understandable to the stakeholders who need the plan. The following are the do’s and don’t when writing for plans:
- Always create the plan based on concrete facts and evidences. Conducting an extensive research in making various plans for the entity. As depicted on the sample Affirmative action plan template, management make decisions and affirmative actions based on the current conditions of the entity and the market which is why research is essential in making plans.
- Include the employees share in the entity plans. All the stakeholders of the company must have knowledge on what the plan the business entity is going to take for a given period. That includes the employees of the entity who are directly involved in the business operations. Communication strategies must be implemented as stated on the plan format on the communication plan templates.
Tactics that the entity does for the development of the business entity comes from the strategic plans generated from the company’s plan formats. These templates showing different plan formats will make the creation of a plan less difficult and will aid the individuals in charge of making the plan to focus on the needed plan information.