Reports are essential tools that aid in the management of a business. The use of reports varies depending on the period and the information it covers. One of the formal report generated by business in managing business operations is called the monthly report.
Monthly reports are the bases of top management in making business decisions for the succeeding month. It aids in monitoring not only the operations of the business but the business as a whole, just like how a credit report shows the liabilities of a business and other credit related information. The following monthly report templates are available for your perusal and for download in PDF formats.
Monthly Report Template
Monthly Sales Report Template
Free Monthly Report Template
Monthly Sales Reports
Sample Monthly Sales Report
Monthly Sales Report Example
Dealer’s Monthly Sales Report
Monthly Progress Reports
Monthly Student Progress Report
Monthly Construction Progress Report
Project Monthly Progress Report
Monthly Management Reports
Monthly Contractor Financial Management
Property Management Report
Monthly Management Report Example
Advantages and Disadvantages of Monthly Reports
Before your company resorts to making monthly reports from your business operations, the following are the advantages and disadvantages of monthly reports you can look into:
- It alleviates the costs associated with reporting. Creating monthly reports like the report samples on this website makes the costs of reporting not too heavy.
- It aids the company to have better and strategic long term forecasts. Monthly reports are usually the basis of companies in its projections.
- It helps determine the market trends and its relevant changes. Trends in the market affect businesses usually by month. With the use of monthly reports, identification of these trends will be less difficult for the company.
- It allots enough time to cover the sets of monthly information. As evident on the sample school report template, information on school activities are procured monthly. In the same way, generation of the monthly report in business has enough coverage on the conditions regarding operations.
- It is not applicable to industries with frequently changing variables. Sample report templates of business industries depending or referring to market prices that tend to fluctuate weekly makes it hard for them to track relevant factors that affect their products when they use monthly reports as basis.
- It lessens communication between business and its clients. Using monthly reports when giving feedback to clients instead of frequently relaying information will result to your business getting a report like the non conformance report template sample which jeopardizes the client’s trust in your service.
Monthly Status Reports
Project Status Report
Technical Status Report
Program Status Report
Monthly Financial Reports
Monthly Financial Management Report
Financial Performance Report
Church Monthly Financial Report
Monthly Expense Reports
Monthly Expense Report Sample
Monthly Business Income and Expense Report
Free Monthly Expense Report
Monthly Report Template Types
Businesses generate reports that the management needs in making business decisions. Look into the following business reports divided into the types of monthly report templates and some bonus monthly report example templates as provided on this website for your perusal:
Monthly Business Reports Templates:
- Sales Reports – This report template constitutes one of the common types of monthly reports, which includes sales data similar to the information on the sample sales activity report template on this website.
- Progress Reports – Report templates under this category aid in defining the growth and the progress of the different aspects of the business, which affects the whole business progress.
- Management Reports – One of the major business reports is this type of report templates, which incorporates all the business information into one report to help management in making business decisions.
- Status Reports – This is a report template used to monitor the condition of sales, projects, and other business activities that completes the business’s operations.
- Financial Reports – This report template shows another major business report which presents the financial condition and performance of the business within a given period.
- Expense Reports – This defines the expenditures incurred by the company and serves as a supplementary document to financial statements affected by expense activity.
- Safety Reports – In a company having implementation of safety measures in the working area, this type of monthly report template establishes the activities and strategies done to maintain safety.
- Budget Reports – This report template is usually included in business plans which serves as the business guide in controlling expenses and increasing income.
- Project Reports – Reports under this template involve mostly in relation to the business projects and its relevant data that is monitored by the entity making the project.
Bonus Monthly Reports Templates:
- Construction Monthly Reports – These report templates comprise of monthly reports used to manage construction projects like status reports.
- Employee Monthly Reports – Progress reports is one of the monthly reports associated with employees as seen on this type of report template.
- Consultant Monthly Reports – Consulting services are recorded and accumulated every month to determine the growth and the performance of the consulting firm.
Monthly Safety Reports
Safety Report Example
Monthly Safety and Quality Report
Contractor Monthly Safety Report
Monthly Business Reports
Monthly Review Report Format
Monthly Business Report Example
Small Business Operative Report
Monthly Budget Reports
Monthly Budget Report Example
Monthly Budget Report Sample
Monthly Budget Statement
Construction Monthly Report
Construction Progress Report
Ways to Creating a Monthly Report
With the monthly report samples in PDF and report samples in DOC formats available on this website as your reference, the following are the ways to creating a monthly report for your company:
- Define the essence of the report at the start. Inform the reader of the monthly report context by indicating the report title, the department in charge, and the period covered. The objectives in the creation of a monthly report is also identified on this section of the report.
- Provide an overview of the connection of the previous and the current report. The monthly report you are currently making must present a summary of the previous report for the reader to easily connect to and understand what the current monthly report is all about.
- List down the achievements of the business within the month. Enumerate the accomplishments the business has achieved in relation to the objectives set for the month as depicted on the sample call report template on this website.
- Take into account the tactics done to achieve the objectives. Discuss the strategies implemented and how these strategies helped achieve the goals of the business.
- Raise any concerns met in the implementation of the strategies. Like how the trip report template is made which discusses information regarding the trip, state the issues you have faced in the course of implementing the business strategies ordered by management in the operations of the business.
Consultant Monthly Report
Consultant Monthly Report Example
Employee Monthly Report
Employee Progress Report
Employee Monthly Report Sample
Employee Monthly Activity Report
Monthly Project Reports
Monthly Project Progress Report Sample
Monthly Project Status
Project Summary Report
Guidelines to Creating Monthly Reports
When making a monthly report for your business with the use of a report format like the management report template sample on this website, here is a guide you can follow in creating monthly reports:
- Provide visual presentation. It is best to insert visual graphs particularly if quantify your accomplishments of the month.
- Use short and concise statements. Avoid long sentences in monthly reports. Make your sentences compact and provide more examples of data and numerical information.
- Write a good summary. Readers usually read the summary of a report before anything else. Thus, a good executive summary will serve as a tool to getting the interest of the reader.
- Put table of contents with page numbers. For the reader to have less difficulty in reading the information he wants to look into, provide a table of contents section at the start of the monthly report with page numbers he can refer to.
A properly procured monthly report will help the management greatly when it comes to monitoring the performance and the growth of the business. These monthly report templates downloadable in PDF format can be your reference when you make various monthly reports for your business.