How to Create a Construction Documents in MS-Excel?
Cost control is one of the things that you should consider when producing construction projects. Your funds are limited and given only for a period of time. Therefore, make wise use of it. Below are tips that you need to consider for you to monitor your budget. You can start reading the steps provided:
1. Study the Project
Before anything, you need to study the kind of project that your company is usually handling, like constructing buildings or renovation. Plus, you also need to understand the process, such as the bidding, construction, and purchasing process.
2. Bring It to the Lists
Now, write down the things that you will need with these processes, for example, purchasing order, bidding form, construction receipt, schedule, timeline, invoice templates, report, work order, rate analysis, house construction quotation, documentation tracker, bid estimate, Gantt charts, and quantity takeoff.
3. Open MS Excel
Microsoft Excel is one of the best software that allows you to create and edit construction forms, documents, and charts. It's easy to use. All you need to do is to utilize the tools to start crafting your layout. You can also organize and arrange the fonts, title, and size of your data.
4. Reevaluate and Reassess
Before printing your materials, you need to review and recheck the details, tables, fonts, especially the layout itself. This will also help you ensure that your information is complete or ready to use. However, don't forget to include the company name, logo, address, and contact information.
5. Print All You Can
And when your templates are ready, save the copies on your computer or websites like Yahoo Mail or Google Drive. Print and produce as many copies as you can and use it before, during, and after building the project. Now, you will be able to monitor the movement of your funds.
What is the definition of Construction?
Construction is an activity or process of assembling, forming, or erecting a building or infrastructure.
What are some of the Types of Construction?
1. Industrial Construction: power plants, factories, water plants, laboratories
2. Residential Building: houses, apartment, studio, condominium
3. Commercial Building: malls, cinemas, department stores, offices
4. Infrastructure Construction: dams, dikes, bridges, tunnels, roads, rail roads
5. Institutional Construction: hospitals, schools, libraries, government buildings
How to start your Construction Company
1. Look for your target market.
2. Create a business plan and strategy.
3. Get your licenses and permit.
4. Register your business to the government.
5. Get insurance and liabilities.
6. Hire the right people.
7. Boost your company.
8. Lead with confidence.
What are the different forms and documents used in the Construction Business?
1. Cost Estimate
2. Scope of Work
3. Agreements, Contracts, Conditions
4. Bill of Quantities
5. Construction Insurance Coverage
6. Bidding Application
7. Bidding Proposal
8. Work Order Forms
9. Purchase Order
10. Provider's Permit Application
11. Invitation to Bid
12. Bid Tabulation
How to Promote Your Construction Company Business
3. Social Media
4. Company Website
5. Business Card
7. Email Marketing
8. Join an association
9. Connect with other companies