What Is a Sales Flowchart?
A sales flowchart is a graphical diagram that illustrates how a company plans and implements its sales campaigns. This flowchart lays out the steps that the business makes in order to achieve the desired sales goal or objective.
How to Design an Effective Sales Flowchart
According to SiriusDecisions, communicating a value message is key to meeting sales quotas. By creating a flowchart, you’ll understand your company’s workflow and also determine what message is valuable. Below are easy guidelines to help you design your own flowchart.
1. Understand the Sales Process
Obviously, your sales flowchart should resemble your company’s sales cycle or process. Before you begin creating the diagram, be sure to understand how your company does its sales campaigns. If necessary, you can even write down some essential details of the process to use as your reference.
2. Identify the Start and End Points of the Flowchart
Flowcharts are linear flow diagrams, which means they have a definite point where the process starts and ends. By fully understanding the workflow, you can easily determine these two points in your flowchart. In a basic chart layout, your workflow should run horizontally from left to right.
3. Stick to the Standard Shapes
Speaking of layouts, flowcharts use standard graphics to represent specific pieces of information. These include oblongs, parallelograms, rhombi, and rectangles. When making a flowchart, it’s best that you stick to these shapes. You can learn what each shape represents by referring to our FAQs below.
4. Break Down Complex Topics
If a piece of information gets too complicated for just a single flow, then break it up into smaller, more manageable flows. Yes, this will lead to multiple branches in your simple chart, but it’s far better than a flowchart that’s confusing and difficult to follow.
5. Keep Your Flowchart Simple and Concise
In connection to breaking down topics, the overall company chart itself should be kept simple. The design should be straightforward and the content should be concise. Even if you choose to add visual enhancements, just make sure that it doesn’t overshadow the diagram’s content.
How different are sales from marketing?
While both activities work hand in hand in a business setting, the two are different in how they function. Sales refer to the activities of convincing clients to purchase your products or services. Marketing, on the other hand, simply refers to lead generation.
How do you develop an effective B2B or B2C sales strategy?
- Highlight benefits instead of features.
- Convey the message through a compelling and engaging story.
- Be aware of current issues and explain how you can overcome them.
What are the benefits of using a flowchart?
- Flowcharts are much easier to understand.
- Flowcharts improve the team’s coordination.
- Flowcharts help in finding loopholes in processes.
- Flowcharts promote effective communication and documentation.
What are the types of flowcharts?
- Process flowchart - For illustrating processes and project plans.
- Data flowchart - To visualize where how data gets in and out of the system.
- Work flowchart - For understanding the flow of data within an organization.
What are the standard shapes used in flowcharts?
- Oblong - Marks the beginning and end of the process.
- Rectangle - Symbolizes processes, steps, or functions.
- Rhombus - Used to symbolize decisions.
- Parallelogram - Represents data in the flowchart.
- Arrows - Indicates the direction of the flow.