How To Make A Startup Organizational Chart In Google Docs
According to an article in Forbes, 70 percent of startup companies fail with the lack of customers as the number one reason. To avoid this from happening to your company, you should start by getting an organizational chart. Because with an org chart, your employees will be able to collaborate effectively, come up with the right strategies, work efficiently, and become more productive.
Here is how you can make a useful organizational chart in Google Docs for your startup company.
1. Collect All the Essential Data
Start off by collecting all the essential data for your chart. This includes the list of positions, names of employees, and existing departments.
2. Add, Supply, Arrange, and Connect
To form the organizational chart, first, you must input the title of your chart at the top, center of your document. Second, you need to choose a shape and add it to your document. Third, you must supply the shape with the data you've collected. (Remember, one shape is equal to one data.) Fourth, arrange the shapes in order. (The CEO must be on top, followed by the managers and their department, and so on.) Fifth, and the last, connect the shapes with arrows.
3. Incorporate your Company Colors and Add your Company Logo
Charts can look dull and boring if you don't fill it with colors. Thus, add color to the shapes and use your company colors for branding. And to complete your chart, put your company logo at the top of the title.
4. Review and Validate
It's important that you review your finished chart to ensure that it doesn't contain any spelling errors and other mistakes. And present it to the head of the company or the Human Resource department for validation.
What Is An Organogram?
An organogram is another term for an organizational chart, which is a type of chart that allows you to present a structure of an organization visually.
What Are the Three Types of Organizational Chart?
Organizational charts have three types:
1. Hierarchical. The most common type of all the three. You use this to present your diagram in hierarchical order. (The most powerful at the top, and the less powerful below.)
2. Matrix. You use this when your organizational structure has more than one manager.
3. Flat. You use this if you only have two levels in your organizational structure. The administrators and the employees.
How Do You Insert A Shape To Your Google Docs Document?
To insert a shape:
1. Open Google Docs, click the Insert tab.
2. Select the Drawing option and click New to open the Drawing Dialog box.
3. Click the Shape icon to choose a shape.
4. Click in the drawing area then drag to create a shape.
5. Click the Save and Close button to add the shape to the document.
What Benefits Can You Get From Having an Organizational Structure?
An organizational structure can:
1. Promote effective communication.
2. Improve employee management.
3. Clearly define career paths.
4. Improve employee training.
What's Makes Organizational Structure Different From a Flowchart?
An organizational chart is a diagram that presents the hierarchy and the relationship of positions and responsibilities within an organization. A flowchart, on the other hand, is a diagram that shows the flow of a process.