The questionnaire that is developed to understand the target audience or residents of a targeted better based on the demographic factors can be termed as a demographic questionnaire. The factor includes age, gender, education level, marital status, birth rate, death rate, etc. A demographic questionnaire is prepared so that you can get a clear idea about the population you are going to target.
19+ Demographic Questionnaire Templates in PDF | DOC
1. Demographic Questionnaire Template
2. Socio-Demographic Questionnaire Template
3. Demographic Background Questionnaire Template
4. Sample Demographic Questionnaire Template
5. Formal Demographic Questionnaire Template
6. Simple Demographic Questionnaire Template
7. Printable Demographic Questionnaire Template
8. Demographic Questionnaire Template in PDF
9. Patient Demographic Questionnaire Template
10. Demographic Screening Questionnaire Template
11. Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire
12. Example of Patient Demographic Questionnaire
13. Pediatric Demographic Questionnaire Template
14. Candidate Demographic Questionnaire Template
15. Child Demographic Questionnaire Template
16. Demographic Questionnaire Template for Couples
17. Demographic Questionnaire for Impact Test
18. Demographic Questionnaire Template in PDF
19. Neurology Specialist Demographic Questionnaire
20. Demographic and Practice Characteristics Questionnaire
How to Prepare a Demographic Questionnaire?
Step 1: Creating a Word Document
Writing something manually is old fashion. Now everything is becoming digital. Now typing is in fashion rather than preparing a hand-written document. MS Word is the most compatible application that you can make use of to prepare the file. Create a new file and set the specifications of the page.
Step 2: Create a Checklist
The next thing in line is to prepare a checklist. This helps in listing all the questions that you need for your questionnaire. Preparing a questionnaire is gives you a convenience factor. When you have all the required questions listed there is the least chance that you will forget anything.
Step 3: Design Your Questionnaire’s Layout
Make your questionnaire look formal and professional. Design a layout that suits the purpose of preparing the questionnaire. Having a layout will make the questionnaire look good and professional.
Step 4: Formulate the Document
The time has finally arrived. Now is the time to formulate the main document or the questionnaire. Input all the details in the structure that you have formulated. Organize it in a way that you can get the right question at the right time.
Step 5: Check It
Review and check it before you draft it as the final questionnaire. Remove any errors if there and check carefully not to leave any loophole. Make sure that your content is error-free.
Why do You Need to Prepare a Demographics Questionnaire?
For any survey, it is very essential to prepare a demographic questionnaire. This helps the surveyor to know the target audience better. In case you are conducting a market research demographic questionnaire matters the most. This gives you the data about your targeted population.
This gives you the benefit of understanding the mindset of the people, you can prepare the product or service according to their taste. The understanding public opinion helps to get a clear insight into the step that you need to take next.
When it comes to customer service, demographic questions are the most impactful and gives you better reports and data to understand your customers.
What are the Most asked Demographic Questions in a Questionnaire?
- Questions Related to Age: The questions related to age strikes the mind first when we think about the demographic factors. According to the data that you need you can keep the range broad or narrow.
- Race and Ethnicity: These two are separate parameters that are necessarily mentioned separately. Race refers to the physical appearance whereas ethnicity refers to the culture one belongs to.
- Questions on Gender: This type of question can be a sensitive issue like race and ethnicity. Therefore you can keep it open-ended so that you do not hurt the sentiments of the people.
- Questions on qualification: Before you go into asking the qualifications of your target audience, you need to consider the fact prior to the survey that who is your target audience. Are they college-going students, the audience who have already completed their education, school going students, etc.
- Questions on Marital Status: Questions related to relationships often seem unimportant. But sometimes you need to get the data for the survey and research.
- Employment: In some surveys, employment details play a very important role. They are an intricate part of the questionnaire and can affect the whole data.
There can be many more questions as demographics is a very vast area. You can formulate different types of questions based on your requirements.