Recommendation letters are commonly used for work applications. However, there are still a lot of ways that a recommendation letter can be of benefit to an individual. A recommendation letter helps by providing additional information about the characteristics, ethics, qualifications and competencies of the entity to whom the purpose of the letter is for.
This write-up contains a list of free recommendation letter templates that can be used in a variety of transactions. It will be easier for you to create a recommendation letter if you are already guided by a well-formatted and comprehensive template.You may also see job recommendation letter.
Recommendation Letter for Promotion Template
Letter of Recommendation for Internship
Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter
Recommendation Letter for College Template
Manager Recommendation Letter Template
Letter of Recommendation for Employee
Free Recommendation Letter for a Friend
Recommendation Letter for a Friend
Sample Employment Recommendation Letter for a Friend
Free Recommendation Letter for a Student
Example of Letter of Recommendation for a College Student
Recommendation Letter for a Student Volunteer
Recommendation Letter for a Student from a Professor
Free Recommendation Letter Templates for Employment
Personal Letter of Recommendation for Employment Template
Recommendation Letter for Employment from Manager
Recommendation Letter for Employment for Graduate School
Where Can a Recommendation Letter Be Used?
The usage of recommendation letter in various application processes is very essential to ensure a stronger application bid. Some of the processes where a recommendation letter can be used are as follows:
- You can use an academic recommendation letter so that your academic applications will be backed up by a document that can validate the items that you have written in your application letter or form. A few samples of academic recommendation letter are as follows:
- A scholarship recommendation letter is needed by an applicant who would like to get a scholarship grant from an entity. A scholarship recommendation letter is required by most entities who provide educational help so they can be aware of the reasons why an individual needs a scholarship and why he or she deserves to have one.
- A graduate school recommendation letter is written either by the immediate head in the work place or the undergraduate research adviser of a graduate school applicant. This letter is essential as it provides the academic and research qualifications and abilities of an individual that will allow him/her to excel on the advance field of study that he/she wants to take.
- An organization position or membership recommendation letter is created to support a student who would like to be a part of an academic organization, group or club. Some organizations within the academic institution need a recommendation letter so they can further review and assess the qualifications of an individual and how these qualifications are related to the operations of the group.
- Work recommendation letters are also necessary to be used for a variety of work application processes. Work recommendation letters help an applicant to showcase, through an another person’s perspective, the items that may not be placed in the resume and cover letter that he/she has submitted. There are different kinds of work recommendation letters and a few of them are the following:
- Promotion recommendation letters are created by the immediate head of an employee who is about to be promoted. It is very important for the human resource department of the company to assure that the employee is truly qualified for the promotion that will be given to hi/her. The insights of the supervisor or the manager of the employee will be very beneficial in supplying the information that the HR needs to know with regards to this matter.
- Coworker recommendation letters are created by the employees of the business who are stationed in the same department where another employee who needs a recommendation letter is or has been previously assigned. A coworker recommendation letter is usually used by an individual who is applying to another company where a recommendation letter from someone who is aware of the candidate’s qualifications and work ethics is required.
- A work application recommendation letter is used by applicants who would like to be hired by a company for a particular work position. Work application recommendation letters are written by the references of the applicant. This recommendation letter specifies the reasons why the applicant should be hired. More so, it lists down the additional value that the applicant can provide to the company should the company decide to offer an employment to the candidate.
There are still a lot of recommendation letters that are used in various purposes, functions, and processes. All you need to do in ensuring that the recommendation letter that you are creating will provide an additional benefit to the individual for whom it was written by making the document discussion as elaborate, precise, and informative as possible.
Free Recommendation Letters from Employers
College Recommendation Letter from an Employer
Scholarship Recommendation Letter from Employer
Job Recommendation Letter from Employer
Recommendation Letter from an Employer for an Employee
Free Job Recommendation Letter Templates
Nursing Job Recommendation Letter Template
Request for Job Recommendation Letter Template
Sales Job Recommendation Letter Template
Job Promotion Recommendation Letter
Free Sample Recommendation Letters for Scholarship
Sample Recommendation Letter for Scholarship from Professor
Recommendation Letter for Scholarship from Teacher
Free Sample Recommendation Letter for Coworker
Professional Recommendation Letter for Coworker
Graduate School Recommendation Letter Format for Coworker
Recommendation Letter for Coworker
Nursing Co Worker Letter of Recommendation
Free Sample Recommendation Letters for Graduate School
Recommendation Letter Sample for Graduate School
Recommendation Letter for Graduate School Admission
Recommendation Letter for Graduate School Student
Guidelines in Creating a Recommendation Letter
Though there are different application processes where a recommendation letter template may be used, the guidelines that are needed to be followed in creating this document is pretty much the same. There are actually no strict rules and regulations required in the creation of a recommendation letter. However, there are some suggestions that you may actually consider for you to create a more comprehensive and effective recommendation letter.
Some of the guidelines that you may follow in creating an efficient and appealing recommendation letter are as follows:
- Before accepting the responsibility of writing a recommendation letter for someone, you need to make sure that you believe in the capabilities of the person to be successful in his/her application. It is very important for you to be aware of the characteristics and qualifications of the individual so you can naturally put into writing all the reasons that make the applicant qualified for the position that he/she wants to have.
- Identify the purpose of creating the recommendation letter. As mentioned above, there are different kinds of recommendation letters and there are also a lot of processes for which these documents can be used. You need to make sure that you are aware of the reason for writing the recommendation letter so you can further align the content of the document that you will write to the purpose for which it is required. More so, this will also help you to properly state information that is relevant to the post that the applicant is applying for.
- It is suggested for you to give a brief information about yourself first before proceeding to the main content of the recommendation letter, which is about the applicant. It will be very helpful if you first assure the panel or the individual who will review the recommendation letter that you are more than qualified to be a reference. You can state your current professional work position or even your involvement in the industry for which the recommendation letter is to be used.
- State your professional relationship with the applicant. A recommendation letter will be considered valid if you provide the details that establishes how you are connected to the applicant and why that particular applicant has selected you to be one of his/her references. More so, you should indicate the period of time that you have known the applicant and the process that allowed you to establish a connection with the person who is making the request for the recommendation letter.
- Provide the areas of expertise, competencies and other professional qualifications of the applicant that you are aware of. You should be able to state these things precisely as it will provide the way for the applicant to be more appealing to the screening panel. Your recommendation letter document will be very helpful if you can provide as much information about the things that the applicant have which will be very beneficial to the operations of the entity who required the submission of the letter.
- If you can, it is suggested for you to provide real life instances where the abilities and skills of the applicant has been used to provide solutions to an existing problem. Also, you can list down a few scenarios in which the characteristic of the applicant has been of help not only to a few individuals but also to the development and growth of a group of people. This will give a great factor in terms of ensuring that the applicant is not only skilled, but is also professional and well-mannered, which is important within a working environment.
- Make your discussion precise, accurate and filled with the details that you think can help the individual to secure the position. Make sure that you will properly organize your thoughts and that the committee who will screen the document will have a direct idea on why they should consider the applicant.
Free Sample Recommendation Letters for Nursing School
Recommendation Letter for Nursing School Admission
Recommendation Letter for Nursing School Student
Recommendation Letter Format for Nursing Graduate School
College Recommendation Letter Templates
College Recommendation Letter Template from Teacher
College Admission Recommendation Letter Template
College Scholarship Recommendation Letter Template
Recommendation Letter Request Templates
College Admission Letter of Recommendation Request Template
Email Letter of Recommendation Request Template
Letter of Recommendation Request Form Template
Recommendation Letter for Teacher Templates
Letter of Recommendation Template for Student from Teacher
Letter of Recommendation Format for Scholarship from Teacher Template
Letter of Recommendation Template for Teacher Position
Recommendation Letter from Professor Templates
Recommendation Letter for Student from Professor Template
Request for Recommendation Letter from Professor
Recommendation Letter from Professor for Scholarship
Inclusions of a Recommendation Letter
A recommendation letter has no specific content formatting to follow. All the items that are present in this document varies on the items that the reference of the applicant would like to discuss. A reference should be aware of the responsibility that he/she has taken so that the creation of an effective recommendation letter will be fulfilled. On the other hand, an applicant must provide an idea of the weight of the recommendation letter in the processes of application so that the reference will be serious and focused in creating the document.
If you have been requested to write a recommendation letter, here are some of the information that you may include in the letter:
Format and Structure
- In terms of letter formatting, a recommendation letter should have the date where it has been written and the basic information of the person who wrote the letter. More so, it should include the name of the expected receiver of the letter.
- A recommendation letter should also have the name of the person to whom the recommendation letter is for. It is very important for a reference to assure that the applicant who will use the recommendation letter will be specified. There are some instances where recommendation letters may be misplaced or may be put in a different applicant’s file. This is the reason why it is necessary for the name of the applicant to be present in this document.
Purpose of Letter Creation
- Recommendation letters must discuss the purpose of the recommendation. This can include the nature of the operations of the entity who needs the recommendation letter and the reason why the recommendation letter has to be made.
- The discussion that will be present in this area should also fully explain why the reference decided to accept the responsibility to write a recommendation letter for the applicant.
Body of Discussion
- If you want your recommendation letter to be truly effective, list down the relevance of the applicant to the work and operational processes of the business or the organization. We have already mentioned that you need to put the qualifications and competencies of the individual. However, you should also make sure that the placements of these information are strategic. Discuss the strongest points of the individual first so that it can already get the attention of the employer or any other person who is reviewing the recommendation letter.
- The body of discussion that should be present in the recommendation letter should be composed of the following:
- The professional experiences of the applicant
- The job functions in the previous companies where the applicant has worked
- The qualities of the applicant that will allow him/her to easily adapt to the operations of the business or the organization
- The knowledge areas of the individual in the industry or in the process where the organization is involved
- The application of the items listed above in various instances and scenarios
Conclusion and Recommendation
- Make sure that you will end your recommendation letter with a striking conclusion and, well, a recommendation. It is very important for the screening panel to be convinced that they need to consider the applicant in whatever post it is that he/she would like to get.
A professional recommendation letter should be comprehensive and well-formatted. No matter what purpose it is that led an individual to ask you to write a recommendation letter for him/her, you need to make sure that you will compose a recommendation letter that will be truly beneficial to the application of the person who asked you to be his/her reference.