As a manager, isn’t it a great feeling to give someone a promotion recommendation letter? In any company, people who work hard are considered for a promotion, and it is the manager’s task to identify who among the employees deserve to move up the corporate ladder.
Receiving a promotion at work can be considered as something valuable in an employee’s life because of its positive impact on his or her career advancement and growth. In this article, you will learn work promotion can change an employee’s career path. You can also take advantage of the sample promotion recommendation letter templates provided in this article. But before we start, why not take a look at these letters of recommendations available on our website?
Formal Promotion Recommendation Letter
Internal Promotion Recommendation Letter
Promotion Recommendation Letters
A Promotion Recommendation Letter is written to help an employee to get into a higher promotion. It is generally written by managers for their employees who are working under them. You can take note of the following points when you are writing a Promotion Recommendation Letter:
- When you are writing a recommendation letter for an employee, you can think of writing the employee’s contribution in your business.
- You can write the letter briefly and clearly.
- Write your letter in a positive manner addressing the employee’s work ethics in the company how he/she shows maturity in handling the work he/she is assigned to do.
- Be polite in writing the letter and take care of the language in the letter. Elaborate and explain why the candidate is a suitable employee for the promotion.
Be specific in your writing and include the necessary details of the employee in the letter.
Promotion Recommendation Letter for Project Manager
Promotion Recommendation Letter for Software Engineer
Self Promotion Recommendation Letter
Academic Promotion Letter of Recommendation
Professor Promotion Letter
Engineer Promotion Letter
Faculty Promotion Letter
Criterion for Promoting Employees
While there may be a number of hardworking individuals in your company, it is just impossible to promote all of them. So when the time comes when you think you have to promote an exemplary employee, it is important to thoroughly evaluate them with the following criteria:
- Performance – Choose employees who are able to perform and function at work at high-level consistency. When evaluating an employee’s performance, judge them based on visible results they have made over the period of their tenure.
- Skills – While there are others who might think that the number of years in service with the company is an important factor for promotion, this may not be quite true at all. There are some employees who have been working for a long time but are failing when it comes to skills.
- Experience – It is also important to take for consideration if the employee vying for promotion has a wealth of experience and does not crumble under pressure since he or she will be moving to another position with different duties and responsibilities.
So if you are manager who is contemplating on promoting an exceptional employee, you have to make sure you have a well-formatted job recommendation letter.
Promotion Recommendation Letter Format
Promotion Recommendation Letter for Manager
Nurse Promotion Recommendation Letter
Air Force Officer Recommendation Letter
Promotion Recommendation Letter in PDF
What to Write in a Letter of Recommendation
Promoting an employee does not happen overnight. For sure, your company has certain protocols to be followed for promotions, and more likely, one of these protocols is to write a letter for recommendation to the company board or executives. Follow this simple structure below:
- Salutation – Open the letter with a formal greeting such as “Dear John Smith.”
- Person – Write about a short introduction about the employee who you think is worthy for promotion.
- Purpose – Explain to the recipient of the letter why you are writing and what the recommendation is for.
- Connection – In order for the reader to fully understand, you should explain concisely how you know the employee and how long you have been working together.
- Qualification – Persuade the CEO or owner why you think the employee deserves a promotion by highlighting his positive skills, qualifications, abilities, knowledge, and accomplishments made during the evaluation period.
- Conclusion – This is the part where you recommend the employee for promotion, the new job title and job description, and the new compensation package (if any) subject to approval.
We hope we have provided all the important information prior to writing a letter of recommendation of promoting an employee. Do not forget to check out Template.net for more recommendation letter samples, such as these letters of recommendation for scholarship.