A recommendation letter is a document written by a candidate’s reference. A Letter of Recommendation can be used to provide support to a business, a transaction, or even to a group or organization. A recommendation letter format is quite easy to create especially if you will follow a guide that can help you to assure that your document is complete and organized.
This post is a collection of downloadable recommendation letter templates and samples in word document format. Since there are a lot of kinds of recommendation letters, assure that you will select the appropriate template for the specific recommendation letter that you would like to create.
Recommendation Letters for Scholarship in Doc
Recommendation for Student Scholarship
Letter for Scholarship Program
Recommendation for Scholarship from Employer
Recommendation Letter Formats in Doc
College Recommendation Sample
Tenant Recommendation Letter in Doc
Letter of Recommendation for New Tenant
Job Employment Recommendation Letter
A Professional Letter of Recommendation is requested by a company where an applicant is applying for a professional job position. Job employment recommendation letters are one of the documents that can help an applicant be selected for an interview as this document discusses the qualifications an competencies of a candidate based on another person’s perspective.
A job employment recommendation letter can be written by these references which will still depend on the level of the job position that a candidate is applying for based on the organizational structure of the company:
- The immediate head of the applicant during his/her previous employments who can either be his/her supervisor or manager
- The human resource department or counselor of any of the applicant’s previous employers
- The workmates of the applicant who has been his/her teammate in his/her past professional work assignment
- Other people who are aware of the job functions, experiences and competencies of the individual who is applying for a particular professional work post
The Significance of Recommendation Letters
Job employment recommendation letters are needed for the following reasons:
- Companies need the details of the references to ensure that the items that have been presented by the applicant are all based on fact. This will allow the business to select a candidate that is truly qualified for the job position open for employment.
- Job employment recommendation letters can open another side of the applicant’s characteristics, qualifications, and professional background. There may be items that the reference of the applicant may state which are not listed in the resume or even on the cover letter.
- A job employment recommendation letter can help prospective employers to be aware of how an applicant is being perceived by the people that he/she has worked with. It is very essential for an employer to have an initial impression not only about the experiences and qualifications of an applicant but also his/her characteristics, interpersonal skills and work ethics.
- People can have different impressions about an individual. This is the reason why most companies require two to three reference or recommendation letters.
- This will help them to identify the common traits of the applicant specified by his/her references.
- It is very essential for companies to assess the totality of an applicant and how he/she can affect the entirety of the work operations of the company.
Other than our samples and templates of recommendation letters, our samples of Cover Letter Templates and Resume Formats are also available for download in the respective links specified.
Recommendation Letter/Application Form in Doc
Application Form and Recommendation Letter
Letter of Recommendation Request Forms
Sample Letter of Request Form
Teacher Recommendation Request Form
College Recommendation Request Form
Recommendation Request from School
Recommendation Letters for Scholarship
One purpose of the usage of Letters of Recommendation is to recommend an individual for a scholarship grant. There are different entities who provide scholarships to qualified students who need them and most of these entities require a scholarship recommendation letter as a part of the initial documents that a scholarship applicant needs to pass.
A recommendation letter for scholarship may be written by the following references:
- The academic adviser of the student during his/her previous academic year
- The teachers of the student in different academic subjects
- The guidance counselor of the institution where the student is currently enrolled
- Other academic officers that have an idea of the potential of the student to be an effective scholar
Essentials of a Scholarship Recommendation Letter
Recommendation letters for a scholarship applicant should have the following details for discussion:
- The reason why the applicant needs a scholarship grant which can either be due to lack of financial support, the inability of the parents of the student to provide his/her needs for academic fees, the current social and financial standing of the family, or the need of the applicant to get a cheaper means of education.
- The qualifications and competencies of the individual which makes him/her the perfect candidate to get the scholarship grant. This includes a discussion about the academic performance of the student including his/her academic achievements and citations.
Recommendation Letters for Internship
A recommendation letter is also needed for the processes of internship. Most internships are due to the academic requirement of colleges and other academic institutions for their students to have an initial exposure to the professional work environment that is related to the field that they are studying.
If you need a recommendation letter for your internship, here are a few of the people that can act as your references:
- Your professor in any of your major subjects
- Your teacher in the specific academic subject that is related to the operations of the field where you will render your internship services
- The dean of your college or department
- The Internship officer of your school, if there is any
Essentials of an Internship Recommendation Letter
An Internship Recommendation Letter should have the following details:
- The competencies and abilities of the internship candidate that can help him or her to adapt to the working environment even without prior professional work experiences.
- The qualifications of the internship applicant especially those that are related to the job functions of the internship position that he/she is applying for.
- The academic performance of the internship applicant which can be helpful in assessing the ability of the individual to easily grasp product knowledge, work process implementation and systems usage.
- The communication, technical and interpersonal skills of the applicant which can be an additional value to the company where he/she is applying for an internship program.
Examples of Employment Reference Form
Sample Employment Reference Letter
Reference Request Form
Example of Employment Reference Form
Letters of Recommendation for Graduate Admission
Recommendation for Graduate School Student Form
Recommendation for Graduate Admission
Academic Training Recommendation Forms
Recommendation Letter for Academic Training
Academic Training Recommendation Form
Academic Advisor’s Recommendation Form
How to Select References
The proper selection of references is very important if a Letter of Recommendation is request from you by a company, organization or any other entity where you have a particular application. Your references play a vital role in building a stronger foundation about your competencies and the additional value that you can provide to the business should they decide to hire you as one of their employees.
Your choice of references should be based on the following:
The competencies of your reference in relation to the field or process where you are applying.
- Your reference needs to be aware of the things that are involved in the industry where you want to immerse yourself into. Having an idea about what you will be doing if you will get the position that you want can validate the effectiveness of the recommendation.
- Therefore, you should always have at least one reference that has the qualifications and experiences in the industry that you want to be a part of.
Your professional relationship with your reference also matters.
- Companies tend to veer away from selecting applicants who have references that are personally related to them.
- As much as possible, select references whom you have worked with and those that are connected to you through business, corporate, and/or professional undertakings. This will given an impression of an unbiased recommendation. This is not to say that personal recommendation letters are biased.
- What is being implied in this situation is that if you are applying for a professional work position, you should also have professional references that can fully explain your qualifications.
The time duration that you have been connected to your reference is also a factor to be considered.
- The longer time that you have professionally spent with your reference only means that he/she has more idea about your character and abilities.
- If possible, request a recommendation letter from possible references who have known you for more than a year’s time.
The current job position of your reference will also be a big part of the recommendation letter assessment.
- Some companies do not really mind this information if the things that they need to know about you have been specified in the cover letter.
- However, there are some businesses that are very keen with the professional experiences of references as it allows them to identify whether your reference is aware enough of what is happening within the industry.
- More so, a successful reference may also mean that he/she is mentoring a person that is worthy to be given a chance to prove himself/herself in the professional field.
Whether it is used for background checking or for the mere fact of identifying more information about you, make sure that you will entrust one of your application documents to people who can help you achieve your goal of qualifying for the position that you are eyeing.
If you’re looking for letters of a different kind, our Job Offer Letter Templates are also available for download.