A business plan is the document that allows the company to list its goals and the processes and procedures that they need to follow to be able to attain these goals. A more elaborate business plan includes the discussion of the nature of the business and the step-by-step activities that are needed to be executed in a given time frame to assure the success of the business.
A Business Plan Template can help a business to have a formal structure and layout of the item listings that they need to accomplish and the quality measures that should be implemented in their practices as an enterprise.
Simple Basic Business Plan Template
Basic Annual Business Plan Template
Basic Continuity Business Plan Template
Basic Startup Business Plan Template
Basic One page Business Plan Template
Purpose in Creating a Business Plan
A business plan is created by business owners for the following reasons:
- It can be the initial portfolio of the business where planning the business’s activities and presenting it comprehensively at a given timeline may be seen. This will help the business to gain investments for a faster implementation of the steps that they have listed.
- It can be the plan that the business will follow accordingly so that they can be guided with the attributes that can help them attain success and get a share of the market that they want to penetrate.
- The business plan can assess the performance of the business and assure that the growth timeline is being followed.
Inclusions of a Business Plan
A basic business plan includes the following information:
- The business profile including the owners of the business, the structure of the business, and the name of the business
- The establishing date of the business and its date of registration
- The executive summary, history, objectives, products and/or services, and patent of the business
- The future plans of the business including its short-term and long-term goals
- The management team and workforce needed by the business
- The organization structure to be applied in the business
- Market research and overview
- Competitor research
- SWOT analysis
- Financial plans
- Compliance listings and other operational factors to be considered
Aside from our basic business plan templates, you may also download our Simple Business Plan Template samples for more references.
Basic Press Business Plan Template
Basic Service Business Plan Template
Basic Retail Business Plan Template
Basic Financial Business Plan Template
Basic Company Business Plan Template
Overview on Market and Competitor Research
A business plan does not only focus on the business itself but on outside variables and factors as well. It needs to assess its strengths and weaknesses and analyze the threats and opportunities that the business may face. This will allow the business to know the things that they need to do to assure that they will survive the test of the market and the industry where they belong.
A research is needed to be done regarding the target market and competitor of the business for the following reasons:
- The business plan needs to have the details of the market where the products and/or services of the business will be offered. This is essential as the purchasing activity of the customers will dictate the success or failure of the business.
- The competitors of the business are needed to be listed as they can provide information on trends present in the industry, including the items and activities that allow them to get the market share that they currently have.
Other than our basic business plan samples and templates, our samples of Restaurant Business Plan templates are also available for download.