Strategic planning is the process by which the organization defines its strategy to make decisions regarding various topics. Such a plan is also used by charitable organizations for their functioning. Charity Strategic Plan Templates help to make these plans.
8+ FREE CHARITY Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, WordPress, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, HTML5, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Why Does a Charity Need a Strategic Plan?
There are several reasons why a charity would need to make a strategic plan. The following outlines the benefits of having a non-profit strategic plan:
- The strategic plan helps the organization to stay focused on its goals and objectives. In other words, it helps the charity to have a clear mission and vision and stay on a specific that will ultimately lead to the achievement of the set goals. This is because the main objective of a plan is to not only establish goals and objectives but also to show the path to achieve those goals.
- A strategic plan is often what marks the difference between the current state and the ideal state. This implies that this plan helps the team to make informed decisions by staying concentrated on the currently available realities. This, in turn, allows the organization the chance to take the appropriate measures and steps to make sure that they reach their goals.
- Change is something that can be incurred by the organization at any point. A strategic plan helps the organization to be prepared for this change. In other words, the organization will be prepared to handle and any situation that they would face. Such a situation can be a crisis or even an opportunity. In the case of a crisis, the plan will help to solve it. In the case of an opportunity, the plan will tell how to take full advantage of it.
- A very important element of a strategic plan, no matter what kind of organization it is being made for, is the budget. Accordingly, in the case of a charity, the strategic plan will help the team to know how, when, and where to allocate their financial resources for the most advantage.
- The best thing about a strategic plan is that it does not let the organization and its functions to be static. In other words, it helps the organization to be dynamic. This implies that the organization will be able to adapt and adjust its programs and functions according to the situation at hand. This way the organization can be most effective in its working.
How to Make a Strategic Plan for a Charity?
Step 1: Set Your Goals and Objectives
The first thing that you need to do when you make a strategic plan is to establish the goals and objectives. There are mainly two kinds of goals that you need to establish: long-term goals and short-term goals. It is advisable to set the long-term goals first and then work your way backward. Your long-term goals will help you to determine what your short-term goals should be.
Step 2: Do a SWOT Analysis
The next step of the process is to do a SWOT analysis of the organization. SWOT analysis refers to the process of identifying the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the organization. The strengths and weaknesses can be identified within the company. To identify and explain the opportunities and threats, you need to explore beyond the limits of the organization.
Step 3: Write Down the Basics
When you do start to make the plan for the charity, you need to first jot down the basics. This includes the basic details such as the name, address, and contact information of the organization. Other details include a little background about the company, an explanation of its mission and vision, and a few details about some key members.
4+ Charity Strategic Plan Templates in PDF
1. Charity Strategic Plan Template
A charity strategic plan is made to help the members identify the goals and objectives and then go ahead accordingly. If you want to make this plan for your charity too, then you need to download this professional plan template. This template will help you make the perfect strategic plan for your charitable organization.
2. Charity Strategic Plan Example
Are you a rookie at making strategic plans for charities? Then we would suggest that you take a look at this plan example template before you can start work on yours. This template comes with an example of a strategic plan for a charity that you can use as a guide for yours. To use this template, you just need to download this template on your PC.
3. Charity Strategic Plan Template in PDF
Are you looking for a tool to help you make the strategic plan for your charity? Then you need to stop looking right now as you are already in the right place! With this basic plan template, you can get access to a similar plan that will enable you to make these plans like a pro. The template is available to be downloaded in PDF format.
4. Yearly Charity Strategic Plan Template
The essence of a strategic plan is in the fact that it is dynamic. This means that the plan needs to adapted and adjusted accordingly to the needs of the current year. You can make the annual strategic plan for your charity quite easily if you just make use of this free plan template. This template is compatible with both Mac and Windows OS.