A strategic plan is used by businesses, organizations and other entities to create the plan templates that are defined by their strategies which can further improve and develop their operations and processes execution. There are different kinds of strategic plans that are used in a variety of fields of expertise and professional industries.
95+ FREE PLAN Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple (MAC) Numbers, Microsoft Publisher
Strategic Plan Template
Printable Strategic Plan Template
Blank Strategic Plan Template
Strategic Plan Outline Template
Personal Strategic Plan Template
This post is a collection of Strategic Plan samples, templates and formats that you may use as guides. Besides the samples that you can already download from this post, we have more samples of Strategic Plan Templates in PDF in the provided link for additional references.
Procurement Strategic Plan Template
Quality Strategy Plan Template
Design Strategic Plan Template
Strategic Life Plan Template
Channel Strategy Plan Template
Internal Audit Strategic Plan Template
Business Strategic Plans
Business Development Strategic Plan
Business School Strategic Plan
Business Strategic Growth Plan
HR Strategic Plans
HR Department Strategic Plan
HR Strategic Business Plan
HR Strategic Action Plan
Internal Audit Strategic Plans
Internal Audit Strategic Improvement Plan
Internal Audit Strategic Business Plan
Internal Audit Department Strategic Plan
Personal Strategic Plans
Personal Development Strategic Plan
Personal Career Strategic Plan
Personal Strategic Life Plan
Strategic Vision Plans
Strategic Vision and Action Plan
Strategic Vision Plan Statement
Why is Strategic Planning Necessary?
Strategic Planning can be very helpful in the current and future endeavors and operations of an entity. Here are a few reasons why strategic planning is important to be done by an entity:
- Strategic planning is a vital part of strategic management.
- This process is used to make sure that an entity is fully equipped and ready for regular undertakings.
- Strategic planning involves the usage of different information systems, data sources, and research methods to assure that the entity will have all the items that they need for the benefit of the entity and its stakeholders.
- Strategic planning allows entities to identify the things that they need to do for them to be able to achieve the development that they need in specific areas of operations.
- Also, strategic planning can define the means and ways on how an entity can possibly reach the location where they wanted to be in terms of business successes and achievements.
- Strategic planning can set measures, scopes and limitations that a company should be knowledgeable of when executing their strategic plans.Strategic Plan Samples help the entity to control the factors that can affect the successes, or the lack there of, of their strategic plan.
- A strategic plan discussion helps the business to assess the strategies and plans that they will execute.
- This process will make sure that the company is aware of the direction where they would like to go.
- Strategic planning can also ensure that a business is aware of the efficient and effective placement of their resources so they can fully implement the strategic plans that they have plotted.
Things to Consider in Creating an Effective Strategic Plan
A strategic plan is built through the accurate interlinking of input and output variables. This means that the entity who creates a strategic plan provides a list of the activities or plans that are needed to be done to fully implement a strategy that has been created for the benefit of the entity and its operations. More so, a strategic plan also involves the expected outcome that should be achieved through the usage of the presented processes that are all needed to be executed in a precise manner.
The factors or variables that are needed to be considered in creating a strategic plan are as follows:
- The threats that are present in the industry which can affect the execution of the strategic plan
- The available opportunities that the entity may grab for their own benefit and advantage
- The expectations of the stakeholders of the business or organization with regards to the success of the strategic plan
- The objectives, goals, values and vision of the management and the board of the business
- The strengths of the companies and how these strengths may be used in the processes that are related to the strategic plan execution
- The weak points or areas of the entity which can slow down or even stop the strategic plan implementation
Other than the samples and templates that you may download from this post, we can also offer you more samples of Strategic Plan Templates in the provided link for more references that you can use in creating the strategic plan that you would like to have.
Strategic Communication Plans
Strategic Marketing Communication Plan
Strategic Communication Action Plan
Strategic Communication Marketing Plan
Strategic Fundraising Plans
Comprehensive Strategic Fundraising Plan
Strategic Development Fundraising Plan
University Strategic Fundraising Plan
NonProfit Strategic Plans
NonProfit Organization Strategic Plan
NonProfit Social Media Strategic Plan
NonProfit Fundraising Strategic Plan
Strategic Proposal Plans
Strategic Marketing Proposal Plan
Strategic Business Plan Proposal
Strategic Plan Research Proposal
Annual Strategic Plans
HR Annual Strategic Plan
Annual Fund Strategic Plan
Annual Report Strategic Plan
Formulating Strategic Plans
Strategic Plan Templates are formulated by assessing the internal and external factors that affect the processes of a business. A business should not only focus on their operations as their competitors can also affect the trends in the sales condition and other measures of production efficiency.
To create an effective Strategic Planning Process, here are some of the strategies, methods and activities that need to be formulated:
- The current resources of the business which also includes their workforce
- The possible ways on how the resources of the business can be used effectively
- The needs and wants of the current market of the business
- The skills of the people who are working for the business which can be helpful in executing strategic plans
- The advantages of the business to its competitors
- The difference of the offerings of the business to other entities in the market based on the perception of the market
- The stand of the stakeholders and key persons regarding the activities that are needed to be implemented for the success of the strategic plan
- The product and/or service offerings of the business which may be included in the creation of the strategic plan
- The market scope of the business which can be wider through proper market penetration
- The business nature of the company and the regulations that it follows in varying situations
How Can a Business Achieve The Successful Implementation of Strategic Plan?
The proper execution of a business plan is another point of discussion as it is the process that allows the strategic plan to either work or not. It is very important to identify the goals of the business and the means that will be used to ensure that the entity will reach their target destination.
Though the implementation of a strategic plan is one of the most tedious parts of its entire usage, it is also one of the most crucial activity that can affect the effectiveness and efficiency of the entire plan.
If you want to implement a strategic plan in a manner that the vision of the company is in mind, here are a few items that you should give importance with:
- You should properly set your objectives. It is important for you to identify the long-term goals of the business so you can curate a strategic plan that can lead the road map of achieving the plotted objectives that the company would like to achieve.
- Always remember the mission and vision of the business. It is important for a strategic plan to be beneficial to its customers, the employees of the business, and the other stakeholders of the business. An effective strategic plan when implemented should provide comfort to all its stakeholders.
- Identify the activities that are needed to be done to assure the step by step progress of the strategic plan. This way, the success of the execution of the strategic plan can be built from a strong foundation.
- Clarify the implementation of the call to action placed in a strategic plan document. This will give a clear message to everyone who are involved in the execution processes of the items that are present in the strategic plan.
We can provide you with more templates of Strategic Plan Samples in Word and PDF in the specified link for additional references in creating a variety of strategic plan used in different professional purposes.
Financial Strategic Plans
School Financial Strategic Plan
Financial Aid Strategic Plan
Financial Services Strategic Plan
Hospital Financial Strategic Plan
Nursing Strategic Plans
Nursing Home Strategic Plan
Nursing Department Strategic Plan
Nursing Research Strategic Plan
Nursing Education Strategic Plan
Project Strategic Plans
Project Management Strategic Plan
Project Launch Strategic Plan
Project Charter Strategic Plan
Retail Strategic Plans
Retail Banking Strategic Plan
Retail Sales Strategic Plan
Retail Pharmacy Strategic Plan
Social Media Strategic Plans
Social Media Marketing Strategic Plan
Important Parts of a Strategic Plan
No matter what the purpose of the creation of a Strategic Plan, it is very essential for the final document to be well-designed. Since strategic plans target to improve the current condition of an entity, it should have a smooth flow of discussion and data presentation that can help the people who will review and assess the document to have an easy time understanding its content.
For you to ensure that your strategic plan will be a complete and effective document, make sure that you will include all the important items of discussion that are expected to be seen in a basic strategic plan. Here are the important items that should always be present in a strategic plan document:
- A statement of introduction or summary about the strategic plan, its purpose of usage and the expected time duration where it will be implemented
- The background of the business including its management and organizational structure, the company’s nature of operations and other description of the business
- The vision, mission, objectives and values statements of the company
- The problem or the issues the company is currently facing which need to be resolved to reduce or eliminate the damage they’ve caused
- A SWOT analysis to ensure that the strategic plan considers all the factors that can affect its full implementation
- The goals of the company and the steps included in the strategic plan which can help the company reach the items in their list of targets.
- The methods of evaluation that will be considered in identifying the effectiveness and efficiency of the strategic plan
If you want to have references in creating a specific strategic plan document, refer to our School Strategic Plan Templates and Non-Profit Strategic Plan Templates for samples in making the specified strategic plans.