10+ Plan Templates
If you were tasked in conducting a project and you don’t really have an idea as to where you need to start, wouldn’t you want something that’s about to outline everything that you should be doing? Not only that, but wouldn’t you also want it to give you all of the details in regards to what you need, or when certain things need to be done?
Well, this is why you should always consider coming up with a proper plan. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know so that you can come up with a plan that’s guaranteed to be useful.
The Elements of a Good Plan
The only way that you’ll be able to come up with a proper plan is if you know what it should comprise of. So the following are necessary components that just about every plan should have:
- The Purpose: If you’re going to come up with a plan, then you should be able to answer one simple question: Why are you making it? You wouldn’t exactly be making one unless there’s a specific purpose for doing so. Having it will give you an idea as to what tasks need to be accomplished, as well as other details regarding what needs to be done.
- The Names of Those Involved: Assuming that you’re not the only person that the plan is made for, it’s important that you’re able to point out everyone that’s involved. Knowing who they are will give you an idea as to who is in charge of what, as well as allowing you to keep track of whatever it is that they’re supposed to be doing.
- The Tasks that Needs to be Done: If you’re going to come up with a plan, then it’s obvious that you’ll want to include details on everything that needs to be done by everyone that is involved. So long as you list down every single task that needs to be completed, then your plan should be a success.
- The Needed Items and Expenses: There are plans wherein you will be required to purchase a number of products and/or services, meaning that you’ll want to keep track on all of them as well as how much they cost. That way, you can see if you’re staying within the budget, or if you’re doing way beyond it.
- The Schedule: You have to know when certain tasks need to be started, and when they need to be finished if you want to stay on track on having your plan being a success. This means that you’ll need to plan out a proper schedule in order for anything to happen on time.
10+ Plan Templates
Free Sample Sales Plan
Monthly Sales Plan Template
Free Personal Sales Plan Template
Annual Sales Plan Template
Basic Sales Plan Template
Operational Plan Sample
Weekly School Plan
Project Communication Plan
30 Day Action Plan Template
Daily Lesson Plan Example
Steps to Creating Your Plan
Now that you’ve learned about the basic components of any plan, then the next step is to learn how you should go about in creating one. Although there are many different types of plans that you could possibly make, nearly all of them are made in the same way.
With that in mind, here are the things that you will need to do in order to come up with a proper plan:
1. Start By Providing Purpose and the Scope of the Plan: The very instant you begin writing, you have to consider the scope of your entire plan, as well as what it’s intended for. By writing down information on both, you can basically figure out what needs to be done in order for the plan to be successful.
So first, start with the purpose. What is the plan intended for? Why did you decide to make it? Simply answer these two questions in detail and write them down.
Then you have to consider the scope of the plan. Who or what is going to be affected by it? Who’s going to be involved in helping you carry it out? What areas will you be utilizing in order to execute your plan? Again, you’re going to have to write down all of the answers to these questions in full detail.
Just be sure to explain everything well so that you, those involved, and those will be affected by the plan will understand exactly why it needs to happen.
2. Provide a List of All Those Involved in the Plan: Next is that you’re going to have to come up with a list of all the different people that are involved in helping you carry the plan out. By having their names, you’ll be able to assign them with the tasks that they need to do. You’ll also be able to keep track of their progress so that you can figure out who’s ahead of schedule, who’s behind, and who’s staying with it.
As you’re writing their names down, just be sure to include their first name, last name, and middle initial. Then you’ll want to give them a title of the role that they will be playing in the midst of your plan. Doing this will easily help you identify those helping you, as well as making it easier when you need to observe and keep track of their progress.
3. Write Down Everything That Needs to be Completed: Here is where you will need to come up with a list of all the different tasks that need to be finished. Every type of plan is different in the sense that all of them have their own specific tasks. So what you will need to do is to properly explain what these tasks are and assign them to the right people.
Be sure to include all of the details such as where it needs to be done to ensure that there aren’t any questions concerning what has to happen.
4. Point Out Everything that Plan Needs: You won’t be able to do any of the tasks if you don’t have the necessary resources or budget. So what you’ll need to do here is to point out what each task is going to need and how much they’re going to cost. For example, construction projects are going to need things such as safety equipment and construction tools in order for anything to take place. You’ll need to consider what is essential and you’ll also have to think about the cost of each item. Be sure to list all of them down into the plan.
Tips for Making Your Plan
Now that you’ve learned how to make a plan, then you’ll also want to learn how you can improve it. Here are a few tips that are sure to help you out with that:
- Coordinate with your team in regards to what needs to happen: There are times where you think a particular action is the right way to go, only for you to regret your decision. Discussing with your team on the best course of action to take to make the plan a success is something that you should definitely do.
- See if you have some of the resources you already need: You might be surprised to see that you already have some of the things you’ll need in order to execute your plan. So long as you have them, then you can exclude them from the list of things that you need to purchase or rent.
- Always check for any errors: There are times where you might include the wrong information into the plan. You’ll want to check it at least so that you can find these mistakes and fix them immediately.
Types of Plans
Take note that there are a bunch of different plans that you can make, meaning that they each serve their own purpose. Here are a few examples:
- Production Plan
- Sales Commission Plan
- Workout Plan
- Business Plan
- Tutoring Plan
- Study Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Development Plan
If you would like to learn more about the different types, then simply visit our site.
Plan Template Sizes
Although technically there isn’t a standard size, most would usually make use of A4 and US sizes. The reason as to why either is commonly used is for the convenience of those who wish to go through the plan as quickly as possible. Also, those two sizes are usually enough to hold all of the information that a plan would need.
Can I Easily Make Changes to It?
While you can certainly do so, you’ll have to make sure that you are able to coordinate with your team before these changes take place. Otherwise, there will be a ton of surprises and confusion that could end up impeding the plan’s progress.
Are There Easy Ways to Make a Plan?
Yes, all you have to do is to download a plan template and customize it in whatever way you wish. You may even decide to make use of the ones available here.
Is There a Way for Me and My Team to Access the Plan Whenever We Need To?
Again, that answer is a yes. Modern technology has provided us with mobile apps that allow us to bring our plans wherever we go, as well as open them in the event that we need to. Just make sure that your team has the same app so that you can better coordinate with them should there be any changes.
If you want to learn about other types of documents that you could possibly create, then simply visit Template.net. It has all of the different articles you’re going to need, and all of them should have the information that can help you.