There will come a time where certain people such as employees, or possibly even students, are required to gather information about a particular subject and present it in a professional manner. What they will be gathering information can be anything from an event that is about to take place or even an accident that occurred in a specific area. You can also check out report templates.
218+ FREE REPORT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
If you are the person who is in charge of providing the information, then that means you must be able to come up with a report. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper report.
Elements of a Report
If you were to make a report, then you should know that there are a couple of elements that you must never forget to include. The point of making one is so that you can collect and present information about a subject that certain people will need to look into. Without any of the basic elements, the report will not be able to do that.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that just about every good report must have:
1. Title: If you want to make sure that the people who go through the report know its purpose, then that means you must be able to come up with an appropriate title. You must be certain that the title is directly related to the document’s purpose. For example, if you were to report an incident that occurred within the workplace, then the title should be something like “Employee Incident Report” or anything else that’s similar.
2. Basic Information: The people who will be going through the report will want to know exactly who is responsible for making it. This means that you must provide the necessary information about yourself. Aside from your name, you are required to provide additional information such as your employee I.D. number or your department of origin.
3. Date: It is very important that you place the date on which the report was made. This can help clarify things like when exactly a particular event occurred or if someone was able to file the report on time.
4. Subject Details: It won’t be a report unless there’s a specific subject that needs to be talked about in detail. What that subject is will depend on the type of report that you have to make. Be sure to include everything from names, dates, location, and just about anything that can ensure that you are able to come up with a detailed and accurate report.
10+ Report Templates in Google Doc
Incident Report Template
Church Report Template
Company Report Example
Assessment Report Template
Business Trip Report
Employee Incident Report
Market Research Report
Project Management Report
Annual Sales Report
Free Event Report Sample
Free Training Report Format
How to Make a Report in Google Doc
If you are going to make a report, then it is very important that you know the steps that will actually help you create one. Although knowing the basic elements is a start, you still have to make sure that you implement them in a way that guarantees that the report is able to serve its purpose. Not only that, but you need to provide all of the additional information the report needs so that those who go through it can acquire all of the details.
So knowing that here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper report in Google Docs.
1. Access Google Docs: If you are going to make a report via Google Docs, then that means you must learn how to access it. So what you are going to have to do first is to access your Gmail account. If you do not already have one, then make it as soon as possible. Once you have it, make sure to do the following:
- Open up your Gmail Account.
- Click on “Drive”.
- Select “New”.
- Select “Google Docs” and decide if you want to start from a blank document or if you want to use a template.
- If you choose to go with a template, then choose from all of the available options.
As you can see, the process is easy and quick to remember. If you like, you can also use it to come up with documents other than reports.
2. Come Up With Your Report: Again, you can choose to use either a template to make your report or you can decide to make one from scratch. While using a template may be an easier method between the two, there will be times wherein you will want to start making an entirely new report on your own. Should that be the case, you are going to have to make sure that you are able to do the following:
- Know the purpose of the report: Before you even begin making one, you need to know what it is for. This will help you know what exactly you should put into the report as well as helping you come up with an appropriate title.
- Point out who you’re giving the report to: If you want to make sure that the report you come up with goes to the person that actually needs it, then you will need to point him/her out in the report. Make sure to put in that person’s complete name, as well as other information such as his/her job title or even the department of origin.
- Provide all of the details: Again, what you put into the report will depend entirely on the type that you have to make. This means that you are going to have to greatly consider all of the information that you will be putting in it. So let’s say that you have to make a report on a project that is currently being conducted.
Tips for Making a Report
- Make sure to check your sources of information: The last thing that you want to do when it comes to making a report is to provide inaccurate information. So in order for you to avoid that, you are going to have to make sure to check all of the sources in which all of your information came from. Be sure to check if there are any inconsistencies that you need to clear up or if there are any important changes that you are going to have to make with whatever you’ve put into the report.
- Always proofread and edit: Before you finalize your report and hand it over to those that need it, you are going to have to proofread and edit whatever it is that you’ve put into it. You do not want to pass a report that is full of both grammatical and spelling errors. It’s always best to do a thorough check by going through it at least twice before making finalizing anything.
Types of Reports
Now that you know what should be in a report and how to make one, the next thing to learn would be the types that you can make. Different types of reports are made for different reasons, so it’s best that you know what they are so that you can make the one appropriate for the situation. So here are a few examples.
If you want to learn how to make other types of reports, or if you want to learn about other documents besides reports, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Can I make a report in any other way besides Google Docs?
Yes. There are a good number of programs that you can use to help you come up with your own report. All you have to do is to choose which one you would like to use and then come up with the report that you want to make. Know that you can make it in other formats such as PDF or Word so know what program allows you to make it in the format that you want.
How can I easily make one?
The simplest answer is for you to make use of a template. Remember that there are many different types that are available so you need to choose the one that you want to use. If you like, you can even make use of the ones that are available in this article.
Again, a report must always be able to provide detailed information about a particular subject. So if you want to make sure that the report you make is able to do that, then make the most out of everything that you have managed to learn from this article. That way, you are guaranteed to come up with an effective and accurate report.