Meetings focused on providing solutions and giving decisions occur almost each day. You may be involved in some vital or formal forums. The best way to present whatever information was discussed is by use of a report. This document provided an account of what happened and the decisions made in any formal organization. You can also see Production Report Template.
218+ FREE REPORT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
A report can be defined in a simplified way as an official account or explanation of any proceedings or transactions. It is usually in a written form. It can also be presented in the form of speech, film or television work. The main aim of writing a report template is to provide an account or recount the events in a more satisfactory way to a group.
Annual Report Template
They are a comprehensive compilation of companies or organizational activities for a whole year. They are majorly provided during annual general meetings. Their primary role is to provide the information to shareholders and any other interested people a breakdown of the activities and finances of the company.
Auditor Report Template
It is a formal opinion that is provided by an auditor based on an evaluation of a company or an organization. It can be provided by an internal or external auditor. This report is an essential component when providing financial information of a company to interested parties.
Book Report Template
A book report is an essay that briefly highlights the contents of any given book. It can be written by any person who has read and discussed widely on a particular book. They are mostly given to students by teachers. The contents of this type of report include the bibliography, narrative, and setting of the book, key characters, the reason behind the creation of the book and the students’ opinion.
Budget Report Template
It is an internal report mainly used by the management of a company or an organization to manage the budget. It involves a comparison of the budgeted projections and the actual figure achieved in a given period.
Credit Report Template
It defines a record of a debtor. It captures a borrower’s credit history responsible for the repayment of debt. Source information for this type of report includes banks, lending companies various agencies and even the government.
Demographic Report Template
They are detailed information that provides information on the population structure. The structure of a population includes its sex, race, age, economic status, income and employment among other various factors. This type of report is therefore usually compiled after extensive research on a given population.
Expense Report Template
It is a summary of the expenditure or the outflow of money to another group, person or as payment for purchase or item. For instance, rent is an expense to tenants. This synopsis, therefore, provides the summary of the money spent on the various aspects. Be it tuition fee, rent or even foods.
Military Report Template
It is an early morning report that is exclusive to the military experts. It provides a daily account of a record made by various troops or groups based on the happenings and activities of the military.
Progress Report Template
Progress reports or also referred to as a report card is the other type. This mainly applies to the school scenario. They are issued by teachers, and they provide a summary of the students’ performance for the whole semester or term. It contains a grading system that enables the positioning of the student according to his/her performance in comparison to other classmates. This provides an easy method of evaluating the students’ performance.
Investigation Report Template
This could be the work of a private investigator, criminal investigation or a detective. They are mainly related to the law enforcement sector. They can also apply to the medicine field where a clinical trial or investigation of a disease is being carried out. They mainly aim to provide or unearth some basic information behind some occurrences or events.
White paper Report Template
They are authoritative documentation that provides a guide to readers about various issues, which may be complex to handle. They mainly aim at providing some insight to the readers to enable them to understand some problems easily, solve and make better decisions. They apply to various sectors including the businesses and government agencies.
> Uses of Reports
- Technical and business reports are used to monitor the progress of various related fields such as companies and industries. They enable one to monitor the progress of an entity regarding profits, market demand and the overall growth of the enterprise.
- Sales reports allow the management to identify the various products on demand and the particular group of customers and clients who perform well in the organization.
- Budget analysis reports enable one to identify the variations between the projected budget, costs, and various data in comparison to the actual figures and values.
- All the other types of reports, in a similar way, enable easy identification of any variation or deviation between a hypothesized value and the actual figure.
Incident Report Template
Police Report Template
> How to create a report
Primarily, you should understand the assignment. This involves having a clear knowledge on what you are researching on and working on. You should then embark on carrying out the planned research, which should be extensive and well detailed. With the findings, you can comfortably note down the report as a summary of what you found.
Follow the standard procedure of writing the document. They are written in sections with headings and subheadings, which are usually in number form. You can also see Survey Report Template.
Lab Report Template
Social Media Report Template
> Tips and warnings
- Ensure that you are drafting a report on a subject you have a vast understanding on.
- Make the description simple, precise, accurate, clear and all-inclusive.
- Your report should be well structured.
- Avoid long, lengthy wordings that will tire the reader. This will discourage the intended subject.
- The report should have a solid base of collected evidence gathered.
> Dos and Don’ts
- Do write the information you find out during your research.
- Do indicate the primary source of the data used
- Do not plagiarize other people’s work without any proper referencing.
- Do not leave out any essential information that may affect the result of the report.