Have you ever tied writing business letters? If so, what type of business letters have you tried writing? In terms of writing such letters, you may have mistaken one for another, such as believing that a job application letter and a cover letter is the same.An application letter and cover letter are two completely different things. A job application letter template is a letter that contains your intentions about the job, while a cover letter introduces the applicant and is usually submitted together with a resume. Cover letter writing and job application letter writing follows almost the same guidelines but clearly differs on how they should be presented.
Difference Of Application Letter and Cover Letter
With regard to the application of jobs, a cover letter and an application letter the documents an applicant must use. But the two differs in some ways too. If you are searching for application letter templates, perhaps you are on the right site.
- A job application letter format is a business letter that states an applicants intention in a specific job applying for.
- It is a letter that provides a detailed information about the applicant.
- It explains how a person was able to discover the job, how interested is he with the job, as well as the reasons unto why he wanted to be chosen.
- Skills and abilities are also clearly identified in an application letter because it helps in determining how qualified the applicant is.
- A cover letter template, on the other hand, is a letter that introduces an applicant, it mentions the job title a person is applying for.
- The purpose of a cover letter (cover letter samples) is to encourage someone in the recruitment team to read an applicant’s resume.
- A cover letter also matches the skills and abilities required by the job.
- It is a document that does not exceed more than one page.
- The closing of a cover letter is usually in a form of a call-to-action.
Merits of Application Letter and Cover Letter
- Cover letters and application letters introduces the job applicant in a formal way. It describes how skills and abilities qualifies a person for the job they applied for.
- They also explain unique traits and other significant experiences that molded a person into becoming an ideal employee in the designated are a of expertise.
- They also serve as supporting details of a resume and a curriculum vitae. The things in the bullet list of a resume or curriculum vitae can be clearly explained in an application letter and sample cover letter with emphasis.
- They also help explain the things you wanted to contribute in the company you are applying for.
- Lastly, cover letters and application letters make stand out among other applicants because the two document can’t get a second look, it is mainly unique because each person is different and has different styles and ways of doing things.
A job application letter example and a cover letter example has a huge impact on an applicant’s job hunting progress. So if you are in need of any assistance, feel free to refer to our templates for that.