When it comes to running a business, one of the most important things that one has to consider would be its marketing. This is especially true for those simple businesses which require a large amount of customers in order to become successful one of these being a hotel. You may also see plan samples.
Hotel Marketing Plan Template
Sample Hotel Marketing Plan
International Hotel Marketing Plan
So let’s say that you’re in charge of running a hotel and you want to make sure that the people know about it. You’ll need to come up with a sample plan to ensure that the people you’re working with will know how to market the hotel. This is why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to come up with an effective hotel marketing plan.
Printable Hotel Marketing Plan
How to Make Your Hotel’s Marketing Plan
The main purpose of having one is so that it can provide all the details necessary for one to learn about how to market a hotel. A successful hotel marketing plan is one that’s able to properly outline everything from how the hotel should be marketed, the roles and responsibilities of certain people, when these marketing strategies have to be implemented and so on.
With that being said, here are the steps that will help you come up with your hotel marketing plan.
1. Know What Your Goals Are
Before you can proceed with the plan, you’ll need to realize what your goals are. By knowing what they are, you and your employees will know exactly what has to be worked towards, and how you can go about in actually accomplishing what you’ve set out to achieve. You may also see sample hotel marketing plan templates.
Now the one questions that you want to answer yourself is: What is it that you want for the hotel? While the most obvious answer is to attract more customers towards it, you may have other goals in mind. Do you want to show your customers that it has top-quality service? Or maybe you want to attract a particular type of market? No matter what these goals are, place them in the marketing plan.
Then you have to make sure that these goals are the following:
- Specific – You have to make them as clear as possible for everyone who decides to go through your simple marketing plan. By making them clear and understandable, it’ll be much easier for you and your employees to figure out the importance of what they’re doing
- Measurable – You need to ensure that you’re able to keep track of the progress of each smart goal that you’ve written down. Do you think that you’re further away from accomplishing them? Or maybe you’re almost there? By knowing the progress status, you can make necessary adjustments to your plans or you can carry on with what you’ve set out to do.
- Attainable – It’s obvious that you want all of the goals you’ve written to be ones that can actually be achieved by you and your employees. Because if you set goals with unrealistic standards, then don’t expect anyone to try and live up to them. So just make sure that these goals are realistic so that everyone will have something to look forward in achieving. You may also see simple marketing plans.
- Relevant – Remember that no matter what goals you’ve written down in the plan, they have to tie in with whatever it is that you want for the hotel. Anything that isn’t related to the hotel can have its own action plan.
- Timely – And lastly, you’ll want to set deadlines as to when certain marketing goals have to be achieved. Just make sure that the deadlines you set are reasonable so that your employees will have something to work towards. You may also see retail marketing plans.
Hotel Marketing Plan Guide
Simple Hotel Marketing Plan
2. Do a SWOT Analysis
This is the point in the plan where you’ll need to truly understand your hotel. You’ll want to conduct a thorough SWOT analysis that will tell you all that you need to know about the current condition of your hotel. SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that you will have to be aware of. Knowing all of them is the key to coming up with the ideal small marketing strategies.
Here’s what you can do with the information:
- Strengths – When you realize what your hotel’s strengths are, you can come up with marketing tactics that complement them. So what you will want to do is to look into all of the areas of your hotel. Do you think that it has great customer service? Does it have a unique atmosphere that people would enjoy? Take note of whatever strengths you seem to notice and make a list. You’ll need them for when you’ll be coming up with your marketing tactics.
- Weaknesses – These are things that your hotel can do without. Much like your hotel’s strengths, they’re bound to be in different areas that you might not notice. And that’s why you’ll have to do a thorough assessment so you can figure out what these weaknesses are. The sooner you learn about them, the better. Once you’ve come up with the list of weaknesses, find the solutions that will help you fix them in the most cost-effective ways possible. You may also see strategic marketing plans.
- Opportunities – When it comes to marketing, there are always opportunities to take advantage of. You need to be able to find these opportunities and take advantage of them as soon as possible. But before you do, you need to make sure that if you enter them, you gain more than whatever you lose. You want these opportunities to give you something rather than them ending up being unnecessary expenses. You may also see event marketing plan templates.
- Threats – Now these are what you’ll need to look out for as they can threaten your business to the point of driving it out of business. There are both internal and external threats, both of which you’ll have to be aware of. Know what they are and learn to deal with them so that you can keep your hotel up and running. You may also see word marketing plan templates.
Hotel and Resort Marketing Plan
Hotel Sales and Marketing Plan
Hotel Marketing Plan Example
3. Understand Your Competition
It will come as no surprise if you see that there are other hotels in your area that are trying to market to your customers—if you saw a perfect area to open up a hotel, then no doubt others would have seen it as well. You need to know which of your competitors you consider as the biggest threats and then you’ll have to learn how you’ll need to deal with them. You may also see sales & marketing plan templates.
So start by taking a good look at their marketing efforts. How are they gaining so many guests? What methods are they using to attract these people? You’ll want the answers to these two questions as they’ll be very important for coming up with the plan. Try to go through your competitor’s websites or ask guests directly how they were attracted to your competitors. You can decide to either use their own strengths against them, or come up with a better strategy. You may also see sample marketing strategies.
Then you can also go through review sites to see what kind of weaknesses you can exploit. If there are complaints about your competitor’s hotels, then use that information. Make sure that these weaknesses aren’t present in your own hotel so that you can avoid the same problems. You may also see sample annual marketing plans.
The more information that you have on your competition, the better your competitive advantage against them.
4. Plan Out Your Marketing Strategies
Now this is the part of your marketing plan where you will need to go into full detail as to how you want your hotel to be marketed. The first step in doing this is to use the information you have on your hotel’s strengths. Use it to come up with sample marketing strategies that will help you promote them. Also, you’ll want to know who stands to benefit the most from whatever it is that your hotel has to offer. The more you learn about these people, the better you can cater your marketing material to them.
Make sure that you place in what has to be done as clearly as possible. That way, you won’t have to worry about your employees in regards to them knowing how they should go about in marketing the hotel.
Digital Hotel Marketing Plan
Marketing Strategies for Boutique Hotels
Hotel Internet Marketing Plan Strategies
5. Come Up With the Promotional Material
It won’t be enough to just know how you’re going to market the hotel, you’ll also need to come up with the promotional material that will attract possible guests. You have to make sure that whatever material you come up with are ones that will focus on whatever it is that your guests are going to want to hear. You may also see sample real estate marketing plans.
Give them information such as the rates of your hotels rooms or what scenery you have to offer them. If there are any promotional discounts that you’d like to share, then do it. Your guests are definitely going to want to hear about them. You may also see non-profit marketing plans.
If you would like to learn how to create other types of marketing strategies, then all you have to do is go through our site. It has many different articles that can provide you with the assistance that you’ll ever need. Just be sure to read them thoroughly so that you can make effective use out of whatever information they happen to provide.