10+ Monthly Report Samples
There will be those people who are assigned to keep track of the things that happen or are supposed to happen within a month’s time. These people are especially prominent in major companies that need to keep a close eye on everything that occurs within their establishment.
So what these people must do is to come up with a monthly report that’s able to outline everything that they have managed to observe regarding a particular subject within the span of a month. And this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to create one.
Elements of a Good Monthly Report
If you plan on making a monthly report, then you should know that there are basic elements that you must never forget to include. With them, you can ensure that the people who decide to go through the document will be able to obtain all the information they need about the topic you’ve reported on.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements that just about every good monthly report needs:
1. Title: If you want the reader to know what it is that you’re reporting on, then it’s best that you’re able to come up with an appropriate title. The point of the title is to give readers an idea about the contents that the document is going to contain. You have to make sure that the title is related to whatever it is that you’re reporting on. For example, if you’re making one that focuses on reporting how the business is being managed within a month’s time, then you’ll want it to be something like “monthly business management report” or anything similar.
2. Names: Those who will be going through the report will want to know the identity of the person who made it. Also, you might be required to place the name of the person that you’re meant to hand over the report to. Just be sure to include complete names so that there won’t be any questions regarding the matter of identity.
3. Subject: If you’re going to make a report, then there’s going to be a particular subject that you’ll be reporting about. What you have to do is to point out what type of topic you’re reporting on and other details that the reader is going to need to learn more about the subject.
4. Date: You’ll want to point out exactly when the report was made and submitted as this will make it much easier for those who need to bring the document up. Just be sure to provide the complete date so that there won’t be any concerns regarding when the report was made.
10+ Monthly Report Samples
Free Monthly Report Template
Simple Monthly Management Report
Company Monthly Report Format
Monthly Business Management Report Form
Monthly Financial Report Template
Monthly Management Report Sample
Monthly Operations Report Template
Monthly Expense Report Example
Monthly Board Report Format
Monthly Sales Report Template
How to Make a Monthly Report
Although you already know what a monthly report should contain, there are still things that you are going to have to do to ensure that it’s able to convey all of the information that the reader is going to need. The point is to make sure that the report does exactly what it’s supposed to: inform someone about the status of a particular subject.
So here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper monthly report:
1. Start With Who Made the Report and Why It Was Made: The first thing that you’re going to have to do is to point out the name of the person who did the report. Whether it’s you or someone else, you’re going to have to provide a complete name. This means that you’ll need to write down the first name, last name, and middle initial of the person responsible for making the monthly report. You may be required to provide extra details such as a job title so write that down if you need to.t.
2. Write About the Details Concerning the Topic of the Report: You’ll be focusing on a particular subject as you go about in making your whole report. Take note that different types of monthly reports will cover different topics, meaning that each of them will contain different sets of information. What you’ll need to do is to find out what a particular report should contain to guarantee that it has all of the right information.
For example, a monthly operations report should have information on all of the operations that took place within the business within a span of the month, a description of these operations, whether or not there were any issues, etc. Just make sure that you know what you have to place so that readers are able to obtain what they need to learn about the topic you’re reporting on.
3. Include the Date and Your Signature: Lastly, you’ll want to include the date in which the report was submitted and the signature of the person who made the document. Either can be used for verification purposes, meaning that you should never forget to include them.
When writing your signature, be sure to also include your complete name so that there won’t be any questions regarding the identity of the creator. You may also be required to write down the name of the person who you’re supposed to submit the report to, as well as ensuring that person places his/her signature into the document.
As for the date, simply include the month, day, and year in which it was submitted so that people will know exactly when that happened.
Tips for Making a Monthly Report
- Know everything that you have to cover: There are usually a lot of things that take place within a month, meaning that you’ll need all of the information that you can get to make a detailed report. So what you’ll want to do is to look into exactly what it is that you should be reporting, all of the sources of information that you can use, and come up with a conclusion of your report.
- Always check for any errors: Before you submit the report to anyone, you have to make sure that it contains no errors whatsoever. In the event that even a single mistake is spotted, then it will make the report seem less professional. So what you’ll want to do here is go through the report at least twice. That way you are able to find and immediately fix any errors that you could have made. Watch out for any grammar or spelling mistakes and be especially careful when checking for any wrong information that you may have included.
Types of Monthly Reports
Remember that there are a lot of monthly reports that you can make and that each of covers different topics. What you’ll want to do is to learn about them so that you’ll know which ones you should be using for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
- Monthly Expense Report
- Monthly Board Report
- Monthly Activity Report
- Monthly Safety Report
- Monthly Sales Report
- Monthly Project Management Report
- Monthly Business Report
If you want to learn more about the types that you can make, then simply go through our site.
Monthly Report FAQs
How Can I Make a Monthly Report?
Simple, all you have to do is to make use of software applications that are designed to help you create one. The most common ones being used to this day would happen to be Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel as they’re easy to use and they contain all the tools you’ll need.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Monthly Report?
Yes, you have to download a monthly report template, open it, and make changes until you’re satisfied. You can make use of the ones that are available here should any one of them be able to meet your needs.
It’s never going to be easy coming up with a monthly report. It will take some time and effort, but know that it’s better to have one that none at all. So just make sure that it has the information it needs by making use of all the information that you have managed to learn by reading this article. Just make sure that you go through it thoroughly to ensure that the report you make is actually able to properly share what readers need to learn.