10+ Report Card Templates
There comes a time where a student needs to be heavily evaluated by his or teachers. This is to determine as to whether or not the student is meeting expectations, or if there are problems that need to be looked into and fixed as soon as possible.
The best way for teachers to provide the results of their evaluation is by being able to come up with a report card. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to properly make one.
Elements of a Good Report Card
If you’re in a situation where you will be the person that’s in charge of making one, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you must never forget to include them. Without them, then the report card will not be able to convey the information that one needs to learn about a student’s current educational status.
Knowing that, here are the basic elements that you must always include in order to make a simple report card:
1. Letterhead: It’s here where you’ll want to place the name and the logo of the educational institution that’s in charge of grading the student. This is important for not only showing the reader who’s responsible for delivering the report card, but also for promotion-related purposes.
2. Names: Obviously, you’ll want to make sure that the report card has the name of the student. It’s important to write down that student’s complete name as you want to make it clear as to who the report card is for. Also, you’re going to have to write the name of the teacher that has been handling the decision as to how he/she should be evaluated.
3. Subjects or Skills: If you’re going to look into whether a student is meeting expectations, then you’ll have to write either how they fared during their subjects, how they are displaying their skills or both. This will differ depending on the type of report card that needs to be made, but remembers that these are essential when it comes to the grading process.
4. Rating System: Should you not have one, then it’s best that you’re able to make it right away. It’s very important that your rating system is easy to understand as you went readers to know how you went about in providing the other party with his/her grade.
10+ Sample Report Cards
Free Simple Report Card
Training Report Card Template
Free Weekly Report Card
Blank Report Card Format
Free School Report Card Sample
Summer Report Card Format
College Report Card Template
Customer Service Report Card Layout
Daily Report Card Sample
Daycare Report Card Sample
Parent’s Report Card Template
How to Make a Report Card
Now that you’ve managed to learn what it is that should be in the report card, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. It’s important to know that report cards aren’t just limited to educational settings, but they can also be used to report the evaluation of other things such as an establishment’s customer service or the looks of a particular establishment.
Making a report can become a long and tedious process, especially if you’re making one for your entire class, but it’s something that you’re going to have to do in order to convey the information regarding the student’s performance.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper report card:
1. Gather All of the Details on What or Who You have to Evaluate: When the time comes that you do have to make the report card, it’s very important that you’re aware as to what it is that you should be evaluating. This is something that you’re going to want to do right from the very beginning.
Remember that what information you’ll be including will depend on what you need to evaluate. And lastly, you’re going to have to provide the complete name of the person that’s responsible for the evaluation. Whether that person is you or someone else, all you have to do is to write down the complete name. Also, provide the signature as the identity will need to be verified at a certain point.
2. Write Down the Details of What Has to be Evaluated: It’s here where you’ll be writing down just about everything that you need to evaluate in regards to what it is that you need to look into. What you’ll need to do first is to come up with a rating system that will help readers determine whether something is meeting expectations, going below them, or exceeding them.
Once you’ve managed to set up a proper rating system, then next is to make a list of all the things that you’re going to have to rate. What you write down here will depend entirely on what it is the subject that you need to evaluate. Just make sure that you point out all of the things that you have to rate and that you provide a fair evaluation.
Report Card Tips
- Be sure to follow a proper format: When the time comes that you have to make one, you need to be aware of the type of format that you have to go with. Different report cards will have different formats, but the fact is that following will ensure that you’re able to present all of the needed information, as well as doing so in an organized and professional manner. If you have trouble figuring out what format you should follow, then you simply need to look at the many different report card samples that you can find online to help you.
- Always check for any errors: No matter what kind of report card you end up making, it’s very important that you’re able to check for any errors that you’re going to have to fix right away. The last thing that you want to give is a report card that contains the name of the wrong person, or mistakes when it comes to rating a particular aspect. So just be sure to go through it at least twice so that you can spot and immediately fix any errors that you may have made.
Types of Report Cards
Remember that report cards aren’t just used for educational-related purposes, it can also be used to show the evaluation results of other things as well. This means that there are a number of different types of report cards and it’s best that you know what they are so you can make the appropriate one for the right situation. With that, here are a few examples:
- Customer Service Report Card
- Daily Report Card
- Daycare Report Card
- Parent’s Report Card
- Training Report Card
- Student Report Card
If you would like to learn more about the other types that you can possibly make, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you’re going to need.
Report Card Sizes
Should the time come where you’re required to make one, then it’s important for you to know that the standard size would be 8.5 by 11 inches, typically the size of a standard A4 or US. It’s best that you stick with this as not only will it make your report card look professional, but it’s also just enough to contain whatever information you may want to place in it.
Report Card FAQs
How Do I Go About in Making One?
If you have to make a report card, then know that there are many different programs that you can download and install, the most common one being Word programs. It’s all a matter of knowing which one has the tools you need, the easiest one for you to use, and the one that you’re all around comfortable with.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. The easiest way for you to possibly make one is to download a report card template, open it with the program you’ve installed, and make all the necessary changes so that it’s able to present the information that you want it to. You can make use of the available templates in this article should you wish to do so.
Although coming up with a report card may not exactly be the hardest thing to do, it’s still something that you’re going to have to learn how in order to make one properly. So make use of all the information in this article to ensure that you’re able to.