How to Make IT and Software Brochure in Adobe Illustrator (AI)?
According to entrepreneur.com, a great brochure contains a good headline so to attract the reader's interest and to avoid confusion in the content. You aim to inform and persuade your audience to opt for your products and services. Therefore you must make your brochure attractive and understandable. If you are interested in making your company brochure, feel free to read the tips given below:
1. Decide What You Need to Promote
When you make a brochure, your primary purpose is to sell your company's products/services and attract public attention. Whether its a new mobile app, an updated system software, or IT and software maintenance services, decide on the feature you want to promote and use a proper headline for it.
2. Choose a Good Design
Get creative with your company brochure. Attract your readers and keep them interested in reading your content with excellent designs. Choose an appropriate fold for your brochure. Depending on your preference, you may use a bi-fold brochure, tri-fold brochure, or a z-fold brochure. Open Illustrator and create a landscape paper size with the proper size, orientation, and margins. Create different layers and layouts for adding each component and elements.
3. Add Content and Images
Imagine how your brochure should look like and arrange your content and graphics accordingly in an enticing way. Use graphics that are relevant and related to your brochure topic. Remember to attract your readers with compelling text. Set the tone with proper use of color and balance the document with the strategical use of white spaces.
4. Review, and Finalize
Lastly, review your content and design. Make sure that your content is not flimsy and is easily understandable. Never forget to include your 'Call-to-Action' and add your contact information at the end. After adding all these, you are ready to print the document.
What is a brochure?
A brochure is an informative single or multiple-page folded paper used to advertise, promote, or introduce an organization's brand, activities, products, and services to its readers.
What are the types of brochures?
1. Bi-Fold Brochures - has two folds forming four panels with a half-fold size of 8.5" x 11".
2. Tri-Fold Brochures - has 3 folds with 6 panels and has popular sizes of 8.5" x 11", 8.5" x 14", 11" x 17", and 11, x 25.5".
3. Gate Fold Brochures - has an 8-panel structure with a size of 8.5" x 11".
4. Z-Fold Brochures - has a fold like a letter "Z," forming a 3-panel zigzag form.
5. Folders and Inserted Brochures - have printed sheets of paper that fits inside a folder, which offers information on specific topics, products, and services.
What are the parts of a brochure?
1. Your company name and logo
2. Your brochure cover
3. Your Slogan
4. Your brochure content
5. Your call to action
6. Your contact information
What makes a great brochure?
1. Provide a clear and attractive headline
2. Remember the basics in making a brochure
3. Be clear with your content and don't confuse your readers
4. Avoid lengthy and highfalutin words
5. Include a call to action
6. Use excellent designs and excellent quality papers
What is the difference between a pamphlet and a brochure?
A pamphlet is a small unbounded booklet with a few numbers of pages used to advertise and inform readers about a particular event, topic, or subject. A brochure, on the other hand, is a single or multiple-page folded paper for selling a specific brand or company's products and services to its readers.