How to Create a Restaurant Schedule Template in Microsoft Word
Data provided by the Travel and Tourism Research Association states that more than 170 million Americans visit a food establishment per day in 2018. That number continues to grow and restaurants must be able to accommodate their customers while also handling all other operations that must be done in order for them to survive in the industry.
If you wish to create a schedule that ensures organization in your restaurant's daily, weekly, or even monthly operations, then follow our guide below.
1. Know Why You Need to Make the Calender
Are you going to make a daily restaurant operations schedule? Or maybe you're going to make a weekly schedule for kitchen cleaning? Be sure to know the purpose of the calendar that you're planning to make so that you'll have a good idea of what to place in it.
2. Identify the Essential Actions and Requirements
Even a simple schedule for restaurants must be able to point out what tasks must be accomplished and what's needed to accomplish them. Take note of which ones must be prioritized so that you'll know exactly where to put them in your schedule.
3. Make Your Schedule's Table
To construct your schedule, you'll need to make a table and divide it into a different section. Make sure that the size is enough to hold all of the tasks that must be accomplished. Then you can individually assign each task on the date and time in which they must be done and/or completed.
4. Recheck, Finalize and Use
Go through your sample schedule to see if you didn't forget to include any high-priority tasks. If everything is ready, then save a copy on your computer or on a cloud system to ensure that you have access to it at all times. You can also print the finished product if you want a physical schedule for yourself and your employees.
How Many Servers Should a Restaurant Have?
Typically, a restaurant should have at least one server for every 3-4 tables per shift to ensure that all customers are accommodated. Restaurants should also have 6-7 back of house staff per 50 customers
What Positions Are Essential for Running a Restaurant?
- Managers - for overseeing daily operations.
- Chefs- for preparing for the customers
- Cooks - those who assist the chef in preparing meals
- Dishwashers - for cleaning the dishes left behind by customers after their meals
- Serving staff - responsible for interacting with customers and taking their orders
- Buspersons - for setting up and clearing tables
What Are the Best Ways to Effectively Schedule Restaurant Employees?
- Make the schedule as early as possible
- Provide shifting schedules and the option for employees to stay in their respective shifts
- Provide your employees at least 2 days off.
- Create shifts in accordance with what your restaurant needs on a daily basis
What Are the Advantages of Having a Schedule?
- It helps you track your progress.
- It enables you to identify your priorities.
- It reminds you of the deadlines.