- File Formats
There are times where it is necessary for a person to learn about his/her family lineage. When that happens, he’ll want to collect important data such as the names of family members from the previous generations, their date of births, who they were married to, etc.
If that person would want a visual representation of all this information, then the best thing to come up with would be a family tree. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in making your own family tree.
Remember that when it comes to making a family tree, there are a lot of different things that you are going to have to consider. What this means is that you are going to have to learn about the basic elements to ensure that all of that information you would want to learn about your family’s history is all included into the document.
So with that, here are the basic elements that needs to be in every family tree:
1. Title: Every family tree should have its own title. This is so that readers will know exactly who the family tree belongs to and it can even be used to tell up to what generation the family tree covers. When making it, you just have to make sure that it’s appropriate for the type that you want to create. The easiest way to do this is by incorporating your last name into the title.
2. Names: This is the piece of information that you’ll most likely have the most knowledge on before you even start making your family tree. Whether a family tree covers multiple generations or only one of them, there’s no doubt that you’ll have to put in the complete names of any person that you have to put into the document. Just make sure to include their first name, last name, and middle name so that there won’t be any questions regarding identity.
3. Date of Birth/Death: Every family member that you put into the tree must have include information on the date of their birth, as well as the date of their death. When writing either down, be sure to include the month, day, and year as to when it happened.
4. Relationships: A family tree must be able to point out the relationships that each family member has with one another. What this means is that you have to clear up things such as who your mother and father is, who their siblings are and if those siblings have any spouses, where they fall into the family bloodline, etc.
Now that you have an idea as to what information you should put into your family tree, the next thing that you will need to do is to actually make it. Thinking about what to put in the family tree shouldn’t be too hard, but you still need to make sure that whatever you place will look presentable to anyone who decides to go through the document.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will help you create your own family tree:
1. Making Use of Apple Pages: If you want a program that can help you create your family tree, then Apple Pages is one of them. Just know that this kind of program can only be accessed by technology that’s installed with iOS; a perfect example of this would be a Mac. If you don’t have one, then you can always look for other alternatives by searching for them online. But if you do have access to the program, then here are the things that you will need to do:
You may use Apple Pages to make other types of documents in the same way.
2. Create Your Family Tree: After learning how to use Apple Pages to make it, you still have the responsibility of putting in the information that it needs. Again, you have to do this in a way that will make everything presentable and easy for readers to understand.
So here are the things that you are going to have to do:
Since there are so many different families in the world, it would only make sense that there would be different types of family trees that a person could make. Also, remember that the kind of family tree that you’ll want to make will depend on where you want so start covering in your family’s history, as well as the design that you want it in. So with that, here are a few examples:
Should you wish to learn more about the different types of family trees available, or if you want to learn about other types of documents, then you may simply go through our site and look up articles that may have what you need.
Should there be a time where you just cannot recall who is supposed to be in the tree, then remember that you always have the option to ask your other family members. They should have the information that you need and it might even be possible that they provide you with more than you could have asked for.
There is no limit to how many people you are supposed to be put in a family tree. So long as these people are a part of your family line, then be sure to add them for an accurate family tree. If you feel like you don’t have enough room, then consider a larger document size or create separate pages to make sure that everyone is in the tree.
A family tree can either be easy to make, or it could be long and tedious. Either way, so long as you make the most out of the information found in this article, then it’s more than guaranteed that you can make an accurate and proper family tree.