10+ Family Tree Templates in Apple Pages
There are times where it is necessary for a person to learn about his/her family lineage. When that happens, he’ll want to collect important data such as the names of family members from the previous generations, their date of births, who they were married to, etc.
If that person would want a visual representation of all this information, then the best thing to come up with would be a family tree. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in making your own family tree.
Elements of a Family Tree
Remember that when it comes to making a family tree, there are a lot of different things that you are going to have to consider. What this means is that you are going to have to learn about the basic elements to ensure that all of that information you would want to learn about your family’s history is all included into the document.
So with that, here are the basic elements that needs to be in every family tree:
1. Title: Every family tree should have its own title. This is so that readers will know exactly who the family tree belongs to and it can even be used to tell up to what generation the family tree covers. When making it, you just have to make sure that it’s appropriate for the type that you want to create. The easiest way to do this is by incorporating your last name into the title.
2. Names: This is the piece of information that you’ll most likely have the most knowledge on before you even start making your family tree. Whether a family tree covers multiple generations or only one of them, there’s no doubt that you’ll have to put in the complete names of any person that you have to put into the document. Just make sure to include their first name, last name, and middle name so that there won’t be any questions regarding identity.
3. Date of Birth/Death: Every family member that you put into the tree must have include information on the date of their birth, as well as the date of their death. When writing either down, be sure to include the month, day, and year as to when it happened.
4. Relationships: A family tree must be able to point out the relationships that each family member has with one another. What this means is that you have to clear up things such as who your mother and father is, who their siblings are and if those siblings have any spouses, where they fall into the family bloodline, etc.
10+ Family Tree in Apple Pages
Family Tree Template With Siblings
Free Blank Family Tree Template
Free Genealogy Family Tree Template
Free Photo Family Tree Template
Free Modern Family Tree Template
Free Family Tree Chart Template
Free Basic Family Tree Template
Free Sample Family Tree Template
Free Children’s Family Tree Template
Free Printable Family Tree for Kid’s Template
How to Make a Family Tree
Now that you have an idea as to what information you should put into your family tree, the next thing that you will need to do is to actually make it. Thinking about what to put in the family tree shouldn’t be too hard, but you still need to make sure that whatever you place will look presentable to anyone who decides to go through the document.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will help you create your own family tree:
1. Making Use of Apple Pages: If you want a program that can help you create your family tree, then Apple Pages is one of them. Just know that this kind of program can only be accessed by technology that’s installed with iOS; a perfect example of this would be a Mac. If you don’t have one, then you can always look for other alternatives by searching for them online. But if you do have access to the program, then here are the things that you will need to do:
- Click on the “Pages” icon.
- Choose from the list of templates that you want to use in order to make your form.
- Click Choose to open a new document by using the template you selected.
You may use Apple Pages to make other types of documents in the same way.
2. Create Your Family Tree: After learning how to use Apple Pages to make it, you still have the responsibility of putting in the information that it needs. Again, you have to do this in a way that will make everything presentable and easy for readers to understand.
So here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Recall all the names of the people from the generation that you want to cover: You need to start thinking about what generation you want to start with. That way, you’ll have an idea as to how many family members you’ll be putting into the tree and what kind of information you’ll want to put in. If you are having a tough time recalling the names of every single person that you want your tree to cover, then you always have the option of asking any of your other relatives as they may have the information you need.
- Consider the layout of your tree: remember that you want everything to look presentable as well as easy for readers to follow. The best way of doing that is by thinking about the layout of the family tree. Who are you going to start with? How are you going to separate everyone to clearly point out their relationships? These are the things that you will need to think about when considering the layout. If you like, you can check out the many different samples of family trees as you can use them as references for your own.
Tips for Making a Family Tree
- Consider putting in pictures: It’s usually best for a family tree to have pictures of every individual that’s put in it. The visual presentation of every family member will make it that much easier for people to remember who that person is, what that person did, who he/she had relations with and so on. Be sure to get the most recent picture of that person and that the quality of the image is decent.
- Ask to know more about these people: There are times where you may just want to put in a bit of extra information for every person that’s in the tree. Should you wish to do that, then it’s best that you do your research on them and learn as much as you can. You can use websites that will help you track down any past history that you’ll want to include, or you can simply ask your relatives for any information tat they can give you.
- Look for any mistakes that you may have made: You do not want a family tree that contains any kind of inaccurate information. So to remedy that, all you have to do is to go through the entire document until you can spot any mistakes that you may have made and fix them immediately. You should ask help from a family member to see if there are any inconsistencies in your tree.
Types of Family Tree
Since there are so many different families in the world, it would only make sense that there would be different types of family trees that a person could make. Also, remember that the kind of family tree that you’ll want to make will depend on where you want so start covering in your family’s history, as well as the design that you want it in. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Modern Family Tree
- Basic Family Tree
- Children’s Family Tree
- Blended Family Tree
- Adoptive Family Tree
- Detailed Family Tree
- Extended Family Tree
- Chinese Family Tree
Should you wish to learn more about the different types of family trees available, or if you want to learn about other types of documents, then you may simply go through our site and look up articles that may have what you need.
Family Tree FAQs
What do I do if I cannot recall someone that’s supposed to be in the family tree?
Should there be a time where you just cannot recall who is supposed to be in the tree, then remember that you always have the option to ask your other family members. They should have the information that you need and it might even be possible that they provide you with more than you could have asked for.
Is there a limit to the number of people that’s supposed to be in the tree?
There is no limit to how many people you are supposed to be put in a family tree. So long as these people are a part of your family line, then be sure to add them for an accurate family tree. If you feel like you don’t have enough room, then consider a larger document size or create separate pages to make sure that everyone is in the tree.
A family tree can either be easy to make, or it could be long and tedious. Either way, so long as you make the most out of the information found in this article, then it’s more than guaranteed that you can make an accurate and proper family tree.