10+ Form Templates in Excel
Forms serve so many different purposes that they’re constantly being used on a daily basis. Using them to obtain information or provide it, to engage in a transaction, or even to point out particular terms and conditions are just some of the things that a form is able to do.
However, you need to make sure that whatever form you end up creating contains exactly what it needs to serve its intended purpose. And that’s why this article is going to teach you what you need to learn in order for you to be able to come up with the form you need.
Elements of a Form
A form should be able to hold information that will be used for business-related purposes such as transactions, exchanges, etc. So if you want the one you create to do exactly that, then the first thing that you will need to learn would be the basic elements. These are what’s needed to ensure that a form has everything it needs in order for it to serve its intended purpose.
So with that, here are the basic elements:
1. Title: A form should have a title as that’s what can help readers understand what the document is going to be used for and an idea of what its contents are. Take note that you have to come up with a title that matches the form’s intended purpose. For example, let’s say that you have to create form specifically meant for customers to put in information on an order they wish to make. A good title for something like this would be something like “Business Order Form“, “Product Order Form” “Service Order Form”, etc.
2. Basic Information: There are certain forms wherein a person is required to put in his/her basic information in order before an agreement or exchange can be made. This is why you’ll have to provide the necessary spaces that will allow that person to put in whatever basic information is needed. What information should be placed will depend entirely on the type of form that’s going to be made. While there are some that only requires a name, some may need contact details, addresses, or perhaps even a job position title.
3. Date: There are instances where a date become a crucial piece of information that the reader must learn about. If you do have to put in any kind of data into the form, then you’ll have to do so completely. What this means is that you’ll need to put in the month, day, and year for every date that you put into the document.
4. Descriptions and Details: If your form has to present information that the reader needs to know about, then you’ll want to make sure that it has all the details the reader will need. This means that you’ll need to provide accurate descriptions to whatever items you put into the form, and you have to make sure that everything can easily be read and understood. Remember that what information you’re going to provide will depend entirely on the type of form you have to make. So just make sure that you know what type of form is needed so that you’ll know what information you’ll have to put in.
10+ Form Templates in Excel
Free Customer Order Form Template
Requisition Form Template
Available File Formats
Food Order Form Example
Special Order Form Template
Simple Order Form Template
Free Blank Order Form
Uniform Order Form Template
Fundraiser Order Form Sample
Free Purchase Order Form
Office Requisition Form Example
Free Product Order Form
How to Make a Form
By this point, you should be ready to learn how to create a form. Although you already know what it is that you have to put inside of one, you still have to make the actual document itself. This means you need to learn what it is that you can use to make it, how you should go about in presenting the information and making sure that it’s actually able to serve its intended purpose.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper form:
1. Use Microsoft Excel: Know that Microsoft Excel is considered to be the standard program for making just about any kind of document in the Excel format. However, you can still go with other alternatives should you wish to do so. If you already have access to Microsoft Excel, then here are the things that you’ll need to do in order to create your form:
- Open up Excel.
- Click on the “File” tab and select “New”.
- Choose if you would like to start with a New sheet or if you would like to make use of a form template.
- Put in all of the information that the sheet will require.
Take note that you can also use this to help you come up with other types of documents should you wish to do so.
2. Creating your form: After learning how to use Excel to make the form, now you’ll have to know how you should go about putting in the information it needs. So here are the things you’ll need to do:
- Know why you’re making the form: This is something that you’ll need to really think about before you even get into making the form. You have to understand why you’re making it so that you’ll know what it is that you’ll be putting into the document. Not only will knowing the form’s purpose help in letting you know what information it should contain, but it can also tell you when exactly you’re going to have to make use of it.
- Use the tools wisely: Since you’ll be making your form via Excel, then you’ll have a lot of tools at your disposal. The most obvious one that you’ll be taking advantage of would be the numerous rows and columns that you can put information in. Just be sure to arrange everything in a way that looks both professional and organized so that readers will have an easy time going through whatever you’ve put into the form.
Tips for Making a Form
- Check to see if there’s anything missing: A form that lacks information is something that you’ll want to avoid at all costs. So what you’re going to have to do is to check and see if it has everything it needs and that there’s nothing missing. If you need help checking, then you can always ask someone for assistance; just make sure that this person has the right authority to go through whatever the form contains.
- Proofread and edit: If you want to make sure that whatever is in the form is both readable and understandable, then you’ll want to proofread and edit everything that’s on it. This means you’ll need to check for things such as spelling and grammar mistakes. Once you’ve managed to find these errors, be sure to fix them immediately. It’s best to double-check just to ensure that you didn’t miss out correcting crucial mistakes.
Types of Forms
Since there are so many reasons as to why a form is needed, it stands to reason that there would also be many different types that you can create. To know what these types are is important for all businesses as they’ll need to know which one needs to be created for particular situations. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Accident Report Form
- Agreement Form
- Application Form
- Record Form
- Incident Report Form
- Simple Order Forms
- Appraisal Form
Should you wish to learn more about the different forms and what they have to offer, or if you want to learn about other documents and how to make them, then you should consider going through our site; it has all the articles you need that contain the information you’re looking for.
Are there other formats that I can make it in?
Aside from Excel, there are other formats that you can make a form in. For example, you can make it in Word with programs such as the popular Microsoft Word. Take note that should you decide to make a form in different formats, then you’ll most likely need different types of programs to make them in. Just be sure you know how you want to create the document so that you’ll know what to start with.
What happens if a form is lacking in information?
There are many possible problems that could occur should a form lack anything crucial. For example, an incident report form that lacks information on where the incident took place will make it that much harder for the investigation to occur. Again, just remember to check and see if the form has everything it needs to guarantee that it’s able to do what it’s made for.
So long as you go through and make use of the information that’s on this article, then you can guarantee that the form you create is able to do what’s needed and do so efficiently and professionally.