A business inventory is the collection of goods that a business holds. It specifies the shape and placement of goods that are being sold or stocked. This particular process is required at various locations within a facility or within areas of a supply network.
Creating a business inventory requires time and effort since one must know what are the essential details needed to include. Knowing that there are a lot of things to consider in a business industry, make your life easier by using templates in making your business inventory. Here, we offer a wide variety of business inventory templates. Below are some image samples you can refer to.
78+ Inventory Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Small Business Template
Free Business Inventory
Business Process in PDF
How to Create an Inventory Spreadsheet
When crafting an inventory report, Microsoft Excel can be very helpful. It is used to create a detailed inventory tracking worksheet that can be programmed to calculate factors. Below are some easy steps that you can follow.
- Adjust the column width. Place the mouse pointer over the line between column headers and double-click.
- Indicate the title of your sheet and the date. Do this in the first row or the first two rows.
- Assign labels for each column. In the 3rd row, label the column with the following: Quantity, Product, Units, Previous, and all the other data that you need to input.
- Format the column headers. Select your labels row, choose “Wrap Text” button or any of the vertical and horizontal alignment buttons to format that particular row.
- Lastly, enter the formulas. This allows you to calculate the unit price, the cost of sales, sales rank, sales percentage, and amount to reorder. Once all formulas have been entered into their respective cells, your inventory list spreadsheet is now complete.
However, if you find these steps a bit confusing, why not use our inventory templates for a hassle-free inventory report making. There are a lot of variations such as Warehouse Inventory Templates or Sample Supply Inventory templates.
Dealer’s Inventory Worksheet
Computer Inventory Form
How to Keep Inventory for Your Business?
Baffled about how to keep an inventory for your business? Make it more simple and organized. Making use of spreadsheet or software programs can greatly help as well. This will allow you to stay current on stock levels all throughout the year. Below are some tips to keep your inventory.
- Start up by developing a system. At the beginning of the year, make a system to keep your inventory for both completed goods and raw materials.
- You need to do some counting to determine quantities. Label columns with Date, Made, Ordered, Consigned, Total, Material Cost, and Notes.
- Print a separate page for every item. You can also color the item if you will make more than one. This for the completed goods.
- Don’t forget to keep it updated as well, maintaining your inventory system is necessary all throughout the year. It is outlined to assist you in knowing how many items you have in stock at any given time.
When it comes to making an inventory report for your business, here in template.net, we offer various selections to choose from. From business inventory templates to Rental Inventory Template, name it all, we’ve got you covered!