Visiting a church or going to any place of religious worship does not necessary imply making prayers alone. Sometimes, auditors and accountants are going to a house of prayer for inventory interest as well for them to determine how the simple church and its properties are being managed and run by its administration.
For an effective calculation of church sales and current properties, which covered both sold and on stock items, the computation of inventory turnover basing on some accounting documents is often conducted. Some of these accounting documents are enlisted below for your reference and source should you currently require one.
Church Property Inventory
Sample Church Asset In PDF
How to Run a Church Inventory?
Keeping track of everything that is owned by the church requires a group of professionals or staff who have a thorough knowledge in taking inventories as well as the right sense of doing things according to the required set of instructions. A simple guideline is provided below:
- A group’s leader may assign members to their specific place so that they would be able to take note all movable items or properties found therein.
- All items including but not limited to chairs, bulbs and lighting, tables, cabinets, rugs, kitchenware, and the like must be included.
- Members may take pictures of each item that they have to include the record to avoid confusion afterward. They may likewise assign an inventory code for each item for future references.
- Members may choose to set what is the best time in performing the inventory or follow the church specified time as scheduled.
Inventory members may consider downloading some available free inventory templates online so they can better create their own inventory list.
What Not to Include in Church Inventory?
Using inventory management templates to help you deal with church inventory might be advisable. However, there are certain items that need no regular inventory or audit, like the fixed or tangible properties of the church. These are the items that are regularly used and depreciate over time, such as:
- Church improvements
Free Church Inventory
Simple Church Inventory in PDF
Ins and Outs of Church Inventories
Having a good and reliable record of inventories in churches and other worship places is an advantage because it enables to speed up in claiming insurance whenever the need arise. Other major reasons are as follows:
- A good inventory could identify what the church currently has as its movable properties and fixed assets.
- A good inventory serves as a record of every detail of a certain item as well. Provided, that during the inventory process, the item’s detailed description, its respective quantity, and its approximate value are taken into consideration.
- A good inventory, moreover, informs the administrator of the things that need to be repaired, adjusted, or disposed of due to wear and tear. It also allows him to decide what items are requiring protection or further improvement. You may see Printable Inventory Templates and property inventory templates for more details.
Once done, the record must be safe-kept properly. It may be recorded online or be reproduced numerously so long as it is as clear as the original copy. Then, it may be kept in a place that even typhoon or fire cannot do it any harm.