Inventories will never be considered obsolete in the corporate world. As inventories are important for document submission and data collection, inventory turnover, inventory sheets and forms, simple inventory system, and all other inventory-related matters will always be taken into account no matter how big or small the company is and how technologically advanced it has become over time.
Considerably, all items or products which remain to be unsold or kept under a certain place or condition are recorded in the business inventory. If you are looking for specific inventory templates (such as landlord, stock, equipment, and asset inventories) then definitely scroll down and examine each template and download one that addresses your current requirement.
78+ Inventory Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Inventory Spreadsheet Template
Inventory Checklist Template
Checklist Small Business Legal Compliance Inventory Template
Inventory Sign Out Sheet Template
Landlord Inventory Template
Landlord Price List
How to Create Inventory Spreadsheets
Excel is known to be one effective and versatile tool in creating inventory list or spreadsheets. You may see samples via excel inventory templates. Below are the steps in making the spreadsheet:
- Open Excel and type the title of your spreadsheet by clicking Create Header tab.
- Start labeling each column with the following labels:
- Item Name,
- Item Description,
- Unit Cost,
- Expiration Date.
- Type the data in the subsequent rows under their respective labels.
- If you want to create another document but of the same format as that of your inventory, open the document and Save As under another name so you do not overwrite the existing document.
- In addition, Check out some online tutorials concerning Excel or click Excel inventory templates for the ideal format and content.
Making an inventory spreadsheet in Excel application program is easy as Excel has everything for you, from the simplest formulas to the more complicated pivot tables.
Free Home Inventory Template
Digital Assets Inventory
How to Create an Excel Inventory Template
Making an inventory template via Excel can be a hassle-free task if you have the know-how. The primary factor, however, is being familiar with the ins and outs of the inventory system.
However, for those who have basic knowledge about Excel, below are provided as simple tips to create an inventory template using the program.
- Open a blank document in Excel.
- Type the labels you need for the inventory. Highlight them by using the bold formatting and/or changing the color of the label rows.
- Once you are done with the layout and content, click Save As, enter the title of your choice, save as template. You now have your own inventory template on hand.
How to Manage an Inventory Template
Templates such as business, inventory, and resume must be carefully saved and managed for your future content and format references. Although, there are really moments when you would forget to be modifying your main template and save it as a revision instead of a subsequent copy of the document.
To better manage your template under Excel program aside from checking free inventory templates, few tips are recommended:
- Of all the elements contained in your inventory spreadsheet, you may center your focus on sales quantity only. For only through sales quantity in your Excel spreadsheet, you could be able to calculate how many items have been disposed of per day. This would help you in calculating the quantity to be ordered as well.
- The use of USB barcode scanner is also advised for each transaction. The scanner must be in sync with your Excel spreadsheet so that each item sold are automatically deducted from the number of your stock.
- Using Excel in generating your sales or inventory report is also recommended. By doing so, you can print your report based on the daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly transaction.
- Moreover, you can further utilize Excel features by using its built-in formulas. Here, you do not need a calculator to do the subtraction once there are items deducted from your current stock as well as an addition when you have acquired new items for replenishment.
Blank Inventory List
Home Inventory Checklist
Office Inventory List
Basic Inventory Report
Tips to Create Inventory Template
If you are set to create an inventory template, whether through Word or Excel, you may find below some helpful tips for your assistance:
- Downloading a software inventory templates can save precious time. So don’t hesitate to do so.
- Whenever you plan to reproduce an inventory pattern out of an existing one, save it under a separate title.
- Leave variables blank so you know where to place certain data.
- Adding the necessary formulas will save you time from doing calculations manually.
How to Add Material Quantity Using Inventory Template
Knowing the material quantity variance is essential for construction inventories. Inventories, such as those featured in this collection of landlord inventory templates, have taken this into consideration. Follow these steps to add the material quantity into your own inventory:
- Open the template that needs your modification.
- Once you have decided as to which column would you be placing your material quantity, just point your cursor to your ideal column, right click, then select add or insert column.
- Designate the new column as Material Quantity. You may format the column as well based on your preferred number format or font.
- If you are through, click Save.
Guidelines for Creating Inventory Template
Again, creating an inventory template out of scratch is never easy. And it would hard to accept and forgive yourself if something goes wrong with your personalized template. For this reason, you may find below some more guidelines in creating the template of your own:
- From the start, you must ensure that every detail on your main template must be general and not for exclusive purposes only. This will help you a lot once you create another subsequent copy of it. You may click access inventory templates also for your further reference.
- Since your main template is the basis of your succeeding templates, it is advised that you allow the context to subject for edit as much as possible. Do not create fixed content as this will definitely require you a longer time to delete or edit the same.
- Do not modify your template’s page and font setting if you want your new template to be the same as your main template. This will keep you from printing-related issue afterward as well.
- Always ensure to save each of your files under their separate title so that you will not be making a revision only.
As much as possible, keep your main template from possible alteration and uncalled modification. The data you entered into the document are as important as the technicalities behind the template. Besides, keeping it is far better than starting from scratch over again.