Some of us underestimate the power of inventories. That is a common misconception. An inventory is more than just a mere documentation and list of goods or assets. Bear in mind that it generally controls monitors and supports the dynamics of a business or any organization. They make it possible for organizations to know and outline the things and materials that they will be needing for a specific time and purpose.
In line with this, we offer 34+ sample inventory templates to help you create, modify, and polish your inventory templates. We’ve also researched pertinent ideas and guidelines that you may refer to. For specific templates, you can also check out our perpetual inventory templates if you’re interested.
Landlord Inventory Templates
Landlord Price List
Relevance of Inventories
The functions of an inventory are diversified depending on the nature of the organization that uses it and the actual application of such inventories.
Based on research, inventories are used by profit-oriented business to increase their profitability and to develop their productivity and efficiency.
On the one hand, non-profit organizations use them to monitor their facilities, equipment, and assets and to maintain their good condition.
Major Types of Inventories
According to research, there are 4 major types of inventories with respect to the type of goods being monitored. These are the raw materials, finished goods, and work-in process goods.
- Raw Materials – Inventories that deal with these materials are usually directed towards manufacturing business endeavors. The materials are used to come up with a new product that would be sold to a specific market. In this case, you can use our stock inventory templates.
- Work-In Process – Inventories that deal with these materials are to be assembled into something else. In contrast to raw materials, some work-process materials are already considered finished goods but has to undergo packaging procedures
- Finished Goods – These goods are ready to be sold to the market or shipped to different places.
Access Inventory Shoreline
A Series of Inventory Templates
On this post, we’ve categorized the templates according to their use and purpose. To know them better, here are our templates and some inventory ideas and key information:
- Landlord Inventory Templates – For those that are engaged in the business of leasing ones properties, this template can help you keep track of relevant details. In this forms, you can monitor the well-being and condition of your properties and to ensure that they were not damaged by the lessee. The form will also make the contracting parties aware of the existing problems and issues surrounding the property before the lease agreement.
- Stock Inventory Templates – As manufactures or sellers, you must maintain not just the quantity but also the quality of the goods that you deliver, supply or sell. By using these templates, you can monitor the serial numbers of the stocks, name of the commodity, the quantity, price rate, qualitative condition, and other pertinent comments about the stocks.
- Equipment Inventory Templates – Equipment inventory is also relevant specifically for construction and engineering firms. In our series of templates, you may observe that there is a categorization of equipment according to its nature and use. The size and quantity are also noted.
- Asset Inventory Templates – In dealing with assets, they do not solely refer to properties and products but also to human resource assets. In this templates, you can document certain best practices and opinions about collaboration and employee management.
- Home Inventory Templates – Our inventory templates are also applicable for personal purposes such as for the upkeep of your homes and other facilities. As you may notice, the home inventory sheet divided the inventory form into categories such as for living room, kitchen, and dining room purposes
Aside from our templates here, we also have Computer Inventory Templates that you may use to keep track of your hardware and software.
Sample Inventory List
Basic Inventory Report
Annual Real Estate Inventory
Computer Inventory Hardware
Challenges in Dealing with Inventories
In managing inventories, it is inevitable for there to be challenges and difficulties. One way of coping with them is to be aware that they exist in order for you to come up with ways that will reduce or minimize their adverse effects. Here are some challenges in dealing with inventories:
- System Maintenance and Update – An inventory would become useless if not properly updated and maintained. This is specifically relevant for items that easily deteriorate. In terms of databases, most businesses and organizations fail to update their systems resulting to poor data collection and analysis.
- Lack of Competence – Specifically of the personnel managing the inventory. Always hire an employee that is competent. You can provide proper orientation and training for them to know how your inventory works.
- No Reporting Mechanisms – For some organizations, they consider the personnel assigned to do the inventory to be solely responsible for it. Make it a point to have reporting mechanisms in order to ensure the quality of the inventory made.
These are some of the challenges and key ideas that you may use in dealing with inventories. If you’re looking for more Inventory Templates, we still have more inventory samples for you.
Data Inventory Comprehensive
Product Inventory Tracking
Tips to Efficiently Establish Your Inventory System
An inventory may in manually made or automated. But, it will not work its magic on its own. It must work under efficient and well-managed strategies and administrative mechanisms. In line with this, here are some tips that you may use to efficiently establish your inventory:
- Solicit the help of suppliers. In managing your inventory, take into account your suppliers and how they can assist you. Communicate with them effectively so that issues and concerns will be discussed.
- Ask for the assistance of an inventory consultant. Inventory consultants can help organizations and business owners plan and structure their inventory management and will help you adopt a system that suits your context.
- Develop and customize your own tracking systems. Aside from your inventory sheet, you can also establish an overarching tracking system that provides a comprehensive link among your inventories.
- Understand the nature of your materials. Indeed, the type of material will also affect the inventory system. This is a critical aspect to look into. Are you dealing with fungible goods, raw materials or finished products?
These are some tips that you may use to efficiently established your work. For more templates, you can also download our Inventory Form Templates.