In life, we all face struggles. Struggles that are so painful that it can literally bring us down to our knees and make us cry. This also happens to those who proclaim that they are strong and that crying doesn’t exist in their vocabulary, But there will always be that time that we can’t help but cry and cry out for help. We find it hard to breathe but we are unaware of it because we are so absorbed in this struggle. One of the hardest thing to accept that even if we are at our lowest, no one is there for us. With that being realized, we then turn to God and cry for His help. You may also see writer journal templates.
But some of us tend to choose to just write our prayers down. This is often called one’s own Prayer journal. If you have a hard time thinking about what to write in your journal, don’t worry because we have got you covered with this article. Along with that, we will be providing you a couple of templates to guide you in writing one. We will also discuss why prayers are important in one’s own life. You may also see education journal templates.
Writing a prayer in a notebook is quite easy if you are that expressive of yourself. You don’t need to worry if there is wrong grammar or if your handwriting does not satisfy you because a prayer journal is first and foremost, for you and you only. So don’t worry if ever someone is going to read it. Just make sure you will hide it in a safe place where no one could find it but you. Now going back, if you really are not a prayerful person or an expressive one, we will give you tips on how to slowly but steadily write down your prayers to make you feel calm. Here are the tips:
1. Get your composure. It is best to write a prayer when you are slightly calm so that you won’t tear the journal apart. This is also good so that you won’t be able to write hurtful and bad words in your prayer journal. Having the time to get your composure right will let you reflect first before writing what you want to talk to God about. You may also see coffee journal templates.
2. Write what you are feeling. You can slowly write your prayer by first explaining what you are feeling right now. Whether you are angry, sad, happy, or frustrated, write it down and give the reason why you feel such thing. Start by saying “God I feel….”. If you have any additional things you want to say, write it but if you are not yet ready, do not push yourself. Take it one step at a time. Just imagine that you are talking to a friend whom you know would listen to your frustrations and rants. You may also see journal paper templates.
3. Ask. Now that you are potentially done telling God what you feel, it is time to ask God what you want to happen. Do it slowly but if your frustration is that strong, do not be afraid to write it all down what you want to happen. But always take note that He might not answer some of your prayers. Try to breathe and just ask Him what you want at the present moment. Your requests are limitless and that is okay. You may also see journal website themes.
4. It is okay. Tell this to yourself before you write your prayer especially if you are a person who thinks of himself as someone strong. Convince yourself that it is okay to cry and that writing your prayer can help you because no one will judge you. Keep that in mind. This is a private conversation with God and knows that God responds in other ways. You may also see photography journal templates.
After writing your entries, you can always go back to that one particular entry and continue writing how you think God responded to your requests. You can also add your personal reflection after releasing all those emotions in the journal. Make it like your own personal diary where you only know what is going on in your head and in your life. You may also see inspirational journal templates.
Now that you know how to write a prayer in your journal, it is now time to recognize and remember the importance of prayer in our lives. When you remember the important effects of prayer, this can affect you in the most positive of ways and you can use it to help you in your day to day life. It is best to end this article with us giving you some of the reasons why prayer is really important. So for this, you don’t need a pen and a paper. All you need to do is to read carefully and understand each reason why prayer is important. After you are done reading them, try to reflect and get it in your head. Don’t read it fast. Prayer is not something you should hurry for. Remember that you are talking about a supreme being and that He is always ready to listen to your frustrations and happiness in life. Here are some of the importance of prayer:
1. Lets all of the feelings out. Prayers are important because it gives you the chance to tell someone what has been on your mind all day and never really had the chance to let it out. Anger is common in this area. Have you noticed that when you pray, you tend to blurt things out? That is because you do it and write in private. Suppressing uneasy emotions is bad for the mind. You may also see dance journal templates.
2. It uplifts us. Just the mere fact of expressing what we really feel uplifts us in a way. Having faith in knowing that there is a supreme being higher than us can turn your mood around slowly because you know He is listening to you in your heart. You may also see reflective journal templates.
3. Draws you near to God. When you will be writing and reciting your prayers, in a way you would feel that you are closer to God because you are consistently talking to Him every day. This can also help change you for the better when you get closer and closer to Him each day of praying. You may also see vintage journal templates.
4. They bring peace. Once you get the feeling to talk to God every day, it brings you peace within because you know you have someone to share your frustrations with. It calms you down a little bit more because, after prayer, we tend to reflect on things that have happened. You may also see recipe journal templates.
So, this is generally the importance of prayer. Do note that it is also best to write in your Prayer Journal not only things that made you angry but also the things that made you happy. God does not only listen to you when you are down, He is also there at your high times. Remember? God is a friend. Often, people just go to God if something is terribly wrong with their lives that they fail to see that every happiness encountered by someone is of God’s doing too. Always remember to be genuine in your prayer and never be afraid to open up to Him, to your supreme being who you can find comfort with. You may also see reading journal templates.