An event plan is the document that includes all the details that need to be known by the stakeholders of an event. Different companies and entities create events for a variety of purposes and functions. This is the reason why event plans need to be made. This particular document allows all the entities involved in the event to be aware of their contributions to the event and how they can come up with a successful event. You may also see plan samples.
254+ Event Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, HTML5, WordPress, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Fundraising Event Plans
Sample Fundraising Event Plan
Fundraising Event Action Plan
Event Management Plan Templates
Event Safety Management Plan
You can refer to our event plan templates in PDF if you need guides in creating this document. Having an event plan template can help you to generate a complete, organized and usable event plan applicable for any present or future event.
Event Risk Management Plan
Event Emergency Management Plan
Special Event Plan Template
Special Event Contingency Plan
Steps in Creating an Event Plan
An event plan is very important to be made to assure that an event execution will be as successful as possible. The steps that you need to follow in creating an event plan include these items:
- Identify the goal of the event. You need to be aware of the objectives that the event would like to reach so you can make the essential steps for you to achieve the items that you will set. Once you already know the event’s objective, you can easily create a plan that can be used as a reference of all the people who are involved in the event planning processes.
- Be organized in terms of the work force that you will put together. You need to make sure that the event plan that you create will have enough manpower to execute the items that you would like to materialize. More so, your event plan should have the dates on which the services of these people are needed and the kind of job that they will be tasked to do on the different phases of the event.
- Set a time frame for all the things that you need to achieve. Being organized with your time and managing the activities that you need to execute will help you assure that you have enough time for planning and preparation before the exact date of the event. The time frames and time slots that you need to prepare include the following:
- The date of your event planning
- The date of the planning execution
- The specific preparation dates for the event
- The date of the event
- The timeline of your entire event processes
- Make sure that you have marketing plans involved in your event planning. You need to properly brand the event so that it will be easier for you to attract people who would like or be interested to attend the event. You need to precisely identify the mediums with which you plan to market the event, the marketing tools that you will use, and the kind of promotional activities that you will implement.
- Properly disseminate the items that you need to create an event which includes budgeting, material sourcing, event planning worksheet, program creation, and targeting an audience or a particular market.
Festival Event Plan
Music Festival Event Plan
Sample Festival Event Plan
Event Operations Plan
Event Operations Management Plan
Sample Event Operations Plan
All the aspects of an event should be present in your event plan so you can assure that you will not forget any detail that is needed for the event planning and execution completion. The important aspects of an event that should always be present in an event plan include the following:
- The name, tagline, and logo of the event
- The venue where the event will be held
- The event action plan
- The date of the event including the time when the event will start, its time duration, and the expect time that the event will end
- The logistics about the items that are needed to be bought for the event
- The simple contracts, permits, and other documents that need to be fulfilled so that all the suppliers and stakeholders of the event will not back out come the event date
- The list of the activities and the program that will be followed during the event
- The sources of entertainment within the event’s duration (if applicable)
- The work force and functions management
- The promotional and event marketing activities that will allow the event to be known by its target market
- The precise event calendar that will be followed by the events team
- The kind of event that will be done and the processes of event registration and slot reservation
- The possible sponsorship that the event can get to lessen the cost of the event preparation and implementation
Event Action Plans
General Event Action Plan
Pre-Event Action Plan
Event Day Action Plan
Event Emergency Plan
Special Event Emergency Plan
Event Emergency Response Plan
Event Safety Emergency Plan
Event Safety Plans
Small Event Safety Plan
Special Event Safety Plan
Basic Event Safety Plan
Guidelines in Making an Event Plan
An event plan template can make or break the entire planning processes for an event. This document provides organization to the things that will happen even before the event planning starts. Some of the guidelines in making an event plan include the following:
- Download and refer to the event plan templates and samples that we have curated for you.
- Make sure that the objectives and goals that you will set for the event are tangible, attainable, and doable in consideration to the time frame that you have for planning, preparation, and execution.
- Create an event planning checklist to help you identify the processes of event planning that you have already done.
- Ask yourself on the purpose of the event. This will guide you in creating the items that can help you to appropriately curate the program of the event and other items that the stakeholders may expect.
- Always make sure that your event plan will keep track of all the items that are considered as the requirements of the event. You can properly do this by creating an event calendar to follow.
- Your event plan should be well understood by all the people who are involved in the event preparation. All the items involved in the event plan should be understandable and can be implemented properly by the people who are tasked for a particular process execution.
Allow all the stakeholders of the event to be knowledgeable of the plans that you have created. Ask for their suggestions and other items that can improve the content of the event plan so you can further add areas of development aside from following the above mentioned guidelines.