10+ Weekly Reports Template
There will be times wherein one person may be required to hand out a detail report of all the things that has happened within a week’s time. This is especially true for those businesses that need to keep track of every single one of their operations to ensure that everything takes place when they need to.
So those in charge of pointing out as to whether or not everything is going as planned will need to come up with a weekly report in order to share the information in a professional manner. And that’s why this article is going to teach you how to come up with one.
Elements of a Good Weekly Report
If you’re going to come up with a weekly report, then you need to know what it should contain before you go about in making it. If you decide to just write down whatever it is that you feel like should be in it, then most likely it’ll look like a jumbled mess. So it’s best that you learn about what the document should contain so that you’ll be able to place everything in an organized manner.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements of a good weekly report:
1. Title: This is where you’re going to have to point out the type of report that you’re going to be doing. This is especially important as readers who see the title will have an idea as to what they should expect to see if they go through the document. Be sure that the title is related to whatever it is that the report focuses on. For example, a report that focuses on a company’s weekly sales should have a title like “weekly sales report” or anything that’s similar.
2. Date: Always place in the date in which the report was made as there will be times where the document might need to be brought up to verify when it was created.
3. Name: Readers will want to know exactly who is responsible for creating the report. This means that you’re going to have to provide your name to ensure that they know exactly who you are. This is important for situations that will require the identity of the creator, one good example is when a higher-up requires the report to determiner whether the person in charge of conducting it has done a good job or not.
4. Tasks and Activities: These are basically the things that you will be reporting on. It’s very important that you’re able to list every single one of them into the report as readers will want to know exactly what it is that’s being covered in the document. Know everything that has to be included into the report and be sure to include all of the details such as what has to happen and when it has to happen.
10+ Weekly Report Samples
Weekly Safety Report Template
Weekly Sales Activity Report Example
Project Management Weekly Report Form
Weekly Task Report Format
Weekly Status Report Sample
Weekly Report Card Template
Weekly Project Report Form
Weekly Company Report Template
Sample Weekly Printed Report Sample
Simple Sustainability Weekly Report Format
How to Make a Weekly Report
Now that you’ve learned about the basic elements of a weekly report, then the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to know how you should make one. Although you’ve already managed to learn what a weekly report should contain, there are still things that you need to do to guarantee that the report is able to convey all of the information that a reader would want to know about.
Knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper weekly report:
Write Down the Person in Charge of the Report and What’s Being Reported:
Right from the very beginning, it’s very important that you’re able to state the name of the person responsible for making the report, as well as what is being reported on. All you have to do here is to write down your complete name. This will include your first name, last name, and middle initial so that readers will specifically know who made the document. You may be required to include information such as your job title so be sure to do so if you have to.
Share the Details of What You’re Reporting On:
Although what you’ll be writing down will depend entirely on the type of report that you’re going to make, there’s no questions that you’ll still need to provide all of the details that readers will need to know exactly what’s being reported on. Be sure to include other details such as whether or not the task or activity has been completed expected, the day it was completed, etc.
Write Down Any Comments and Your Signature:
There are times where the person who is entitled to do the report may be required to place a comment or suggestion based on what he/she has witnessed while doing the report. In the event that you have to, be sure that you are able to provide a proper explanation as to what it is that you’re trying to say about the things that you have managed to observe.
Tips for Making a Weekly Report
- Make use of all sources of information: If you’re going to report on whatever it is that you’re assigned to, you’re going to have to make use of every single source of information to ensure that you have a detailed report. If you have to, ask other observers about their opinions or observe what’s happening in a meticulous manner.
- Always check for any mistakes: It’s possible that you may have made a mistake or two as you were making the report. This is something that you don’t want as it won’t look very professional if you just allow these mistakes to linger in the report. So what you’re going to have to do is to go through the report at least twice so that you can spot and immediately fix any error pertaining to grammar, spelling, or even the pieces of information that you’ve written down.
Types of Weekly Reports
Take note that there are many different types that you can possibly make and that each of them are meant to report on different topics. So long as you know what they are, then you should have an idea as to which you should use for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
- Weekly Sales Report
- Weekly Status Report
- Weekly Report Card
- Weekly Progress Report
- Weekly Work Report
- Weekly Summary Report
If you would like to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site.
Weekly Report Sizes
If you’re going to make a weekly report, then know that the standard size is that of an A4 or US. You can choose to go with other sizes, but going even slightly larger or smaller will make the document seem less professional. The standard is just enough to point out the information that one needs, as well as making everything look presentable.
Weekly Report FAQs
How Can I Make a Weekly Report?
You can make use of the many different software applications that you can find and download throughout the internet. The two most common ones that majority of the people use would be Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel as they have all the tools you’ll need to make one.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Weekly Report?
Yes, all you have to do is to download a weekly report template. It has everything outlined for you right from the start and you’ll only need to customize it so that it displays what you want it to. You can choose to make use of the ones that are available in this article should you wish to do so.
Although making a weekly report may not be an easy task, there will be times wherein you’ll be required to do it. So in the event that it happens, be sure that you make use of all the things that you’ve managed to learn from this article so that you can make a weekly report that just about anyone can be satisfied with.