How to Make an Appointment Schedule in Google Docs
When you have a full schedule ahead of you, it's easy to forget an important date or event. According to The Telegraph, one in four people misses an important appointment. Now, to avoid this, an appointment schedule would be a big help. It will remind you of your appointments, as well as allow you to manage your time wisely.
Follow the guide below on how you can make an appointment schedule in Google Docs.
1. Know Your Appointments
To start, list down all your upcoming appointments. Arrange them by date and time and provide details about the appointment. This includes who you're meeting with and where you'll meet. And keep your words short and straight to the point.
2. Create a Timetable
Now that you have your list of appointments, it's time to create your timetable! But before that, decide whether it's going to be an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly schedule first. To form a timetable, add a table to your document. Provide enough rows and columns, and ensure you have enough space to write on. Don't want to go all this trouble? Use our Appointment Schedule Templates to easily and quickly craft an appointment schedule.
3. Plot Your Schedule
Now that your table is set, start plotting your schedule one by one. Put your labels (the time and day) on the topmost row and the title on top of your table. Also, add color to organize your schedule and make it look more visually appealing.
4. Double-Check and Update from Time to Time
When you're done creating the schedule, double-check to avoid errors. Then, produce a digital and printed copy so you can always check your schedule wherever, whenever. And be sure to update your schedule from time to time!
How do you use an appointment schedule template in Google Docs?
To use an appointment schedule template in Google Docs:
1. Open Google Docs. Click the Template Gallery, which is found in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Click the template you wish to use to open it.
How do you add a table in Google Docs?
To add a table to your document in Google Docs:
1. Click the Insert tab.
2. Choose Table.
3. Choose how many rows and columns you wish to add.
4. The table will be automatically added to your document.
Why is scheduling important?
Scheduling means planning and organizing your tasks and agendas so that you can achieve your goals and manage your time. When you can effectively manage your schedule, you can
- ensure that you have enough time for all your tasks;
- understand what you can achieve with the time you have;
- have enough time for relaxation, family and friends, hobbies, and more; and
- work on your personal and career goals.
How do you schedule your time?
- Identify your available time.
- Schedule your urgent and high-priority activities.
- Schedule extra time for emergencies and contingencies.
- Schedule time for yourself and for your loved ones.
- Analyze your activities.
How do you insert more cells to your table in Google Docs?
- Right-click on a cell.
- Highlight how many rows or columns you wish to add.
- Select Insert Row if you wish to add more rows or Insert Column if you wish to add more columns.