An investment opportunity summary is considered to be a vital part of the capital that raises the process and is of particular interest to a possible angel investor. It is because it answers the question of what is in it for them. This is also considered to be your elevator pitch that happens to be condensed into a brief paragraph or a few pages. Creating a proper investment opportunity summary helps in attracting the initial attention of an angel investor particularly while using email or any online angel investment matching service.
15+ FREE INVESTMENT Templates - Download Now Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple Apple (MAC) Keynote, Google Slides, Microsoft Publisher
10+ Investment Opportunity Summary Templates in PDF | DOC
1. Investment Opportunity Summary Template
2. Investment Opportunity Executive Summary in DOC
3. Investment Opportunity Manager Summary Template
4. Investment Opportunity Summary Policies
5. Investment Opportunity Summary Submission Form
6. Investing Opportunity Executive Summery Template
7. Investment Opportunity Summary in PDF
8. Investment Opportunity Summary Example
9. Sample Investment Opportunity Summary
10. Investment Opportunity Executive Summary Template
11. Standard Investment Opportunity Summary
How to Create an Investment Opportunity Summary?
A summary of investments is one of the essential tools companies use to attract an investor. If you can come up with a complete and enticing summary of investment writing, then you will most likely be able to easily convince individuals to invest their money in your company. You can take the help of these points to create a comprehensive investment opportunity summary:
Step 1: Information About the Proposed Investment Project
One of the most important pieces of any investment report is information about your proposed investment project. You must include a short but clear explanation of the business idea. This part of the investment summary must be presented in a convincing manner that will make any potential investor want to know more about your investment proposition. Certain details must be included in this section are pricing plans, potential sites, recruiting strategies for workers, etc.
Step 2: Market Research
Your market research is another important part of any investment resume design. As the promoter of the business idea, you should already have carried out a comprehensive and accurate analysis of market research. This is because investors may ask you questions about the value of your idea, its competition, how it looks like the market or area that your project is operating in, etc. Such questions need to be answered readily.
Step 3: Financial Report
You must also include an objective financial statement for the planned business project, after having done market analyses. With any estimates including wins and losses and make sure you be realistic as an investor would appreciate that. You may also include financial reports about these ventures if you already have a company, as they will aid investors in their decision-making process.
Step 4: Business Managers
The investors would also like to see what the layout of your existing organizational map looks like. This is because investors may want to know whether qualified people are running your company, or not. The principal aim of an investor is to earn money. Therefore they can reduce the risk of failure when they know that competent and committed people are running an investment project.
Step 5: Exit Strategy
Finally, investors must know if there’s a risk in any investment business plan of any kind. That is why the investment plan should include a company exit strategy. This allows an investor to see the chances of success in the future, and to know that there are ways for her to mitigate potential losses if they happen. Exit strategic plans are not created merely as a backup plan for a failed investment. These can also be created as a way out for investors if they just do not want to keep investing after receiving their invested capital back.
Why Need an Investment Opportunity Summary?
Investors and other stakeholders need more information on the business plans ‘ financial reality. If you want investors to be more encouraged to trust the company with their investments, you need to make sure that you are organized to present figures and other essential details. The following are some of the reasons why it is highly suggested for your company to have an investment opportunity summary:
- Make sure to discuss the business operations and other related discussions. Whenever investors are looking for companies to invest in, they rely on facts. Getting a review of the investments will allow you to present the company accurately. It will give investors a clearer idea of what kind of company is you want him or her to be a part of.
- You will also need an investment summary to ensure that you can also pay them. As investors believe that their investors are having long-term benefits for them, they provide financial support. You must give them an investment summary that can identify some ways on how you can pay their investments back. This will be required in case you want prospective investors to be more confident in terms of investing in your business.
- It is also required to specifically inform the investors about the minimum risk of the investment. The investors can then point out the risks that are associated with the activity if all the information that the investors would like to know about is in an investment summary. It is always better if the risk is less.
- You will also need an investment opportunity summary to directly answer some of the specific questions from investors. It will be easier for you to provide some pieces of evidence or proofs that are substantial enough to answer certain questions from the investors. These questions can also be determined from the initial conversations before the investment summary that has already been done.