Competition always motivates anyone to enhance their performance whether in the workplace or in any field one has chosen to endeavor. In order to calculate whether you’re doing better or up to par with your competitors, one must do an evaluation to identify the factors which you need to keep and which you need to improve in order to reach your full potential.
143+ FREE EMPLOYEE Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, HTML5, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
In the workplace, employers determine their best workers through performance assessments that measures all countable and uncountable activities by giving scores and ratings. We have collected some employee assessment templates for employers to download and use, while our Self-Assessment Template can also be given to employees to evaluate themselves.
Employee Behavioral Assessment
Annual Employee Assessment
Company Employee Assessment
Customer Service Employee Assessment
Why Employers Use Employee Assessments
Employee assessments are administered for various purposes such as the ones listed below.
- Performance appraisal. An employee assessment is used to identify specific criteria in which a salary raise or promotion is decided. The resulting valuation identifies the best employees who are worthy of appraisals.
- Identifying problems and solutions. Employee assessments are a great way to determine underlying problems that cause an employee’s underperformance. In the same way, it can help establish appropriate solutions to address the problems.
- Review goals. One can easily point out certain achievements from the goals established previously as solutions to the problems uncovered during the preceding evaluation. It can also become the premise for a new set of plans of action.
- Reinforce performances. The goal of an employee assessment is to the increase communication between the employer and its employees; therefore, expectations are clearly established, which reinforces performances while improving unsatisfactory ones.
Do not forget to check out our Project Assessment Template and Skills Assessment Template if you are looking for other kinds of assessments.
Employee Job Assessment
Employee Performance Assessment
Employee Assessment Form
How to Do an Employee Assessment
As an employer, here is how assessment should be done to make it a highly effective device in managing employee performances and helping them grow professionally.
- Schedule regular employee assessments. Assessments are a good time to interact with employees as well as providing them the opportunity to discuss issues. With a regular evaluation, these concerns are being identified and solutions are provided immediately.
- Have an open dialogue with each employee. Begin with positive comments and observations before addressing concerns and issues during an assessment. Make sure you let the employee talk and give you feedback before defending your position.
- Avoid beating up your employee for poor performances. It is always beneficial to deal with the solutions than the problems. Instead of making negative comments, you should rather state facts and offer tips to help the employee improve.
- Plan for the future. Aside from helping the employee improve, you can establish goals that can be attainable with the employee’s current skills, abilities, and interests. An achievable goal is a sure way to motivate the employee to improve his productivity.
For assessments that are conducted for groups or departments of organizations, take look at our Assessment Template and other assessment forms available on this site.