20 Free Risk Assessment Forms
Natural and man-made hazards and risks do not just affect lives but also the operation of businesses and organizations. The employers, administrators, and other authorized persons in an organization must ensure the safety of their employees and members given that there are inevitable risks. Risk assessment and risk management mechanisms must be in place to instill security and safety.
In the process of conducting risk assessment mechanisms, risk assessment forms play a key role in terms of data gathering and analysis. Risk assessment templates showcase a variety of methodologies that business, academic institutions and other social organizations can use to kick-start their risk assessment processes and procedures.
Free Health Risk Assessment Forms
Mental Health Transport Risk Assessment
Free Fire Risk Assessment Forms
Blank Fire Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment Form for Office Fire
Why Are Risk Assessment Procedures Relevant?
Risk assessment procedures and processes are considered as proactive and preventive measures. Bear in mind that risks and hazards are always in place may it be due to the geographical location of an establishment, climate issues, and other man-made issues and concerns. Furthermore, here are other reasons why risk assessment procedures are relevant:
- Legal consequences – Most countries have governing state laws regarding the conduct of risks assessments in schools, business establishments, and other institutions. Risk assessment, management and safety plans are mandated by law to obliged the supervisors and owners of establishments to invest in risk assessment processes.
- Increase the resilience of establishments – The results of risk assessment processes are used as benchmarks in making risk management plans, safety and recovery plans. Once you know the nature and dynamics of risks, it is easy to come up with solutions and plans to prepare and come up with means to mitigate its devastating effects in the near future.
- To save resources – According to research, risk assessment procedures can help companies realized their goals and objectives. Companies can make sound decisions in the allocation and use of resources with the use of risk assessment form templates.
Free Construction Risk Assessment Form
Free Electrical Risk Assessment Forms
Blank Electrical Risk Assessment
Free Chemical Risk Assessment Forms
Types of Risk Assessment Form Templates
- Health Risk Assessment Form Templates – If you’re looking for health assessment forms, there are a variety of sample risk assessment forms that you may use and download. Bear in mind that individuals have subjective health needs and thus must be assessed individually rather than giving a generalized plan for all.
- Construction Risk Assessment Form Templates – In your construction risk assessment forms, you can include certain sections, including but not limited to the following, the details of the project, pre-construction risk assessment, indicators for the assessment, assessment results during the execution of the construction project, upon project completion, and post-project assessment results.
- Electrical Risk Assessment Form Templates – In this type of risk assessment form, you should identify the electricity-related hazards that your project or business may have. Examples of such hazards are possibilities for electric shocks and burns, possible explosions, and many more. By using these templates, you can foreground the electricity-related hazards that your company or project may be facing and come up with possible solutions and proactive measures.
- Chemical Risk Assessment Form Templates – Chemical risk assessment procedures are complied by companies before the commencement of a hazardous work or project that involves that use of chemicals and other toxic substances. These templates are also relevant in academic institutions such as colleges and universities that have school laboratories.
- Event Risk Assessment Form Templates – Before an event is held, the organizers must conduct risk assessment procedures to ensure the safety and security of the area. The type of risk assessment procedures applied would depend on the type of event, including but not limited to outdoor events and promotional events.
These are some templates that you may refer to in building your own risk assessment form. What is material is that you customized and modify the elements of the templates to suit your context.
Free Disability Risk Assessment Sample
Free Event Risk Assessment Forms
Risk Assessment for Promotion Event
Free Fall Risk Assessment
Free Flood Risk Assessment Forms
Risk Assessment for Householder Flood
Free Job Risk Assessment Form
Phases of Risk Assessment
To have an overview as to the dynamics of risk assessment, you can refer to the following stages of risk assessment:
Hazard and risk identification. In here, the concerned authorities must conduct a holistic assessment of the possible risks a certain organization or company may have. According to research, there are four classification of hazards such as the mental, physical, chemical, and the biological hazards. The risks must be examined and documented.
- Identify who are the possible stakeholders that will be affected by the risks. In an employment setting, for instance, both the employers and the employee are susceptible to work-related risks and hazards. However, the risks affect individuals in different ways.
- Come up with action plans – After documenting the risks, you can now come up with plans and strategies that will help you overcome such risks. It is in here that you will delegate tasks and responsibilities. Risk assessment forms in PDF such as fire assessment and flood assessment forms provide sample assessment strategies that you can refer to.
- Update and review your risks assessment findings. Bear in mind that risks and hazards are also dynamics in nature. As the nature of the times change, so as the characteristics of the risk. It is always advisable to regularly conduct risk assessment procedures.
Free Maternity Risk Assessment
Free Plant Risk Assessment Form
Free School Risk Assessment Forms
Risk Assessment for School Trip
Common Mistakes in Dealing with Risk Assessment
For some, risk assessment procedures are a waste of time and resources. This is a common misconception. Investing in risk assessment strategies and initiatives can give your business a competitive edge. In line with this, here are some common mistakes committed by proponents of risk assessment endeavors that you should avoid:
- Inconsistent procedures and policies – Consistency is very important in the conduct of risk assessment efforts. A little amount of inconsistency can be detrimental to the overall results of the assessment. Every member of the risk assessment team, together with its beneficiaries, must cooperate and commit to the implement policies and procedures.
- Lack of proper documentation – In order to justify the existence of a risk, proper documentation must be provided. You may use software and databases that can help you document, manage and store your results and findings. The quality of the risk assessment forms must also be factored in before the commencement of the procedure.
- Individualistic approaches. Risk assessment procedures are considered as a collective effort. Collaboration and synergistic efforts must be in place. Every member must commit to the fulfillment of the goals and objectives of the procedure.