A profit and loss statement, or PnL, is a financial statement used by different companies and businesses to know the circulation of their money within a specific period of time. It gives all the details, in terms of the companies’ profits, expenses, and expenditures and how they are being used within the time frame where the profit-and-loss assessment has been done.
A clearer idea of how the company’s money circulates will provide a better result in terms of financial processes and planning. It will enable a company to know whether they are reaching their financial goals or if they are allocating their resources on the correct things and priorities.
You can take a look at our website’s excellent collection of Excel form template samples as it will help you better prepare for a concise profit and loss statement.
Profit & Loss Statement Template
Simple Profit and Loss Statement Template
Blank Profit and Loss Statement Form
Business Profit and Loss Statement Form
Self-Employment Profit and Loss Statement Form
Personal Profit and Loss Statement Form
Profit and Loss Statement Form For Small Business
Before creating a profit and loss statement, make sure that the person doing it for the company knows both the starting date and the end date of the assessment of profits and losses. Take note that profit and loss statements only cover a certain period of time. Hence, results may vary and change within the entire operations of the company.
Here we offer a few tips for you to construct a well-curated profit and loss statement:
- Gross income. This must include the exact figures up to the cents that the company earns for a more accurate result. It also must be categorized into two categories:
- Gross sales, or the direct total of all transactions that gave the company its sales.
- The company’s other sources of income, which may come from indirect products and services that the company also provide or sell other than its usual offerings
- All the expenses of the company. Expenses are not only those that concern the products and services of the company but everything that are integral cogs in continuing company operations. This includes
- the total cost of goods sold or used for company services;
- fees paid for legalities and other transactions;
- cost of advertising;
- marketing expenses, including marketing collaterals, events, and other activities;
- company insurance cost;
- infrastracture and material repairs;
- maintenance of work spaces and the entire location;
- operations and administrative supplies; and
- the amount being used for paying the employees’ salary.
Note as well that a profit and loss statement is different from a financial statement form. To know more about the latter, our website offers a host of sample financial statement forms that you may view and even download.
Standard Profit And Loss Statement Form
Day Care Profit And Loss Statement Form
Real Estate Profit And Loss Statement Form
Printable Profit And Loss Statement Form
Monthly Profit And Loss Statement Form
Why Is an SnL Statement Important?
A profit and loss statement shows the company its net profit or net loss for a period of time. As a document that can measure the financial growth of a business, the results of the profit and loss statement must be considered the best way possible. Knowing the company’s current monetary standing is so important to know certain changes that is needed to be applied in the organization.
It may be intimidating at first to know all that is about the profit and loss statement, but in due time, being able to use it will help the company improve its operation processes and maximize the fullest potentials of every aspect of the company to produce better financial achievements in the long run.
Aside from profit and loss statements, we also offer personal financial statement form samples, which you could download, edit to suit your needs, and print. Remember, these templates from our website are free to download and come in Microsoft Word and PDF formats. Good luck!