Buying and selling is a non-stop financial transaction that involves everybody on the planet. This explains why there are people who create excel orders in the thousands. Thanks to our advancements in technology, people can quickly make purchases and all they have to do is just fill up a sales order form.
Different types of buyers are given different kinds of order forms. Others are required to fill out a wholesale order form, while some are just given a plain old order form. The forms they fill out depend on the kind of transaction that they have with seller of the product.
Sales Order Template
National Sales Order
Sales Order Request
Sales Order Acknowledgment
Ticket Sales Order
Order Confirmation Form
What Is a Sales Order Form?
By definition, a sales order form is a type of document that substantiates the transaction, or sale, between the buyer and seller. They are usually produced, using a T-shirt order form template if the seller sells t-shirts, or any other template, when a buyer shows interest to purchase a seller’s product. It can also be thought of as:
- A money order form with varying bits of required information.
- Purchase order form, with basically the same type of information being asked.
- A legal document and proof about the transaction that happened between the buyer and seller.
How to Create and Complete a Sales Order Form in Excel
One of the most commonly used software for making an order form is Excel. Be it free order forms, travel order forms, or a package order forms, it can be done using Excel. The trick is to learn how to perform the task and here’s how you create and complete a sales order form in Excel:
- Start up Excel. Open a new blank work and name it as Order Form.
- Make the product list. Input the product name and corresponding prices.
- Calculate the total. Come up with correct and total, then save the file.
Voucher Sales Order
Sales Order Entry Form
Sales Order Processing
Blank Sales Order Form
Group Sales Order
Difference Between Purchase Order and Sales Order
It’s important to know the difference between each order forms, to avoid confusion. Mistaking a sales order for a product order form, would cause inconveniences. It would yield the same results if you mistakenly make a blank order form template, instead of a money order template. Some of the differences between them are:
- A sales order confirms the transaction, while a purchase order is used for ordering goods.
- A sales order is issued by the seller before delivery, while a purchase order is produced by the buyer and sent to the seller.
- A sales order affirms the sales, while a purchase order serves as a contract.
Uses of Sales Order
Since it is sent before the delivery, it can be used as a package order form, to confirm that the item was indeed purchased. It is also being used by:
- The inventory, or production, team to look at what items need to be shipped.
- The government to reconcile legal disputes by looking at the Terms & Conditions.
- Buyers to track the status of their order.
Sales order aren’t just limited by their main purpose, which is to serve as documentation. Some are even used as order form Excel templates, by various businesses and companies around the world.