Accidents are inevitable. Even the near-perfect individuals commit mistakes, but life does not end there. Some organizations or establishments ask for an incident report or accident report from employees who has committed errors to their work. To aid you in making your own, we have here several blank incident report templates, which you can check out, choose from, and use. You may also see report examples.
218+ FREE REPORT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Blank Incident Report Template
General Incident Report
School Incident Report Template to Edit
We offer these templates free of charge, and these preformatted documents are accurate, easy to use, and saves you valuable time which can be delegated elsewhere. Let us guide you even further by giving you the advantages and tips on how to create a proper incident report form.
Simple IT Incident Report Template
Printable Employee Incident Report Template
Workplace Incident Report Template
Sample Construction Incident Report Template
Workplace Investigation Report Template
Accident Report Template
Free Incident Report Template
Free Blank Incident Report Form
Printable Blank Incident Report Template
Blank Police Incident Report Template
Blank Security Incident Report Form
Blank Accident/Incident Report Form
What Is an Incident Report?
Although the term itself sends a shiver down every person’s spine, as if being scolded for a mistake, that is not the case. An incident report is a form that is filled out to be able to record details of an unusual event that occurs in a healthcare facility, such as hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. The purpose is to document the exact details pertaining to the event, and this document can be used in the future so the same mistakes can be avoided. It can also serve as a vital document when dealing with liability issues concerning the incident.
In healthcare guidelines, the reports must be filled out as soon as possible following the incident. In this way, the details will be accurate. When a certain patient is involved in an incident report, this patient will be monitored for a period of time.
Why Should Incidents Be Recorded?
Before proceeding with our offered Accident Report Template, you might just ask yourself this question. There are ample reasons as to why incidents should be reported and recorded. To sum them all up, we have here listed some of the top benefits of doing so:
- It informs the constituents and cautions them to make correct decisions regarding specific actions and performances.
- Incident reports initiate corrective actions to be able to avoid same incidents from repeating.
- It can serve as a legal documentation when liability issues surface and could become a worse case when not reported immediately.
- Privacy and security will likely increase in the facility when the corrective actions have been applied.
Blank Fire Incident Report Template
Blank Incident Report Template
Blank Medical Incident Report Template
Blank Health Incident Report Form Template
Blank Incident Report Form Template
Components of an Incident Report
Before proceeding on with our offered accident report templates, also provided for you here are some tips on how to be able to produce an accurate incident report.
An incident report needs to include specific information about the incident in order for it to be a trustworthy type of document. The information needed are the following:
- Facts. Always gather the facts concerning the accident, and such data include the following:
- Date of the incident
- Time of the ncident
- Location of the incident
- Names of the involving parties including witnesses
- Job titles of the involving staff member
- Events leading to the incident
- Environmental conditions (e.g., wet floors)
- Circumstances (e.g., tools and procedures)
- Specific injuries
- Damage to equipment (if any)
- Actions the employee performed after the incident
- Determine the sequence. Provide an accurate timeline of the
- events leading to the incident,
- events involved as incident occured, and
- events after the incident.
- Analyze. The report should provide a thorough analysis of the event, if the circumstance were to be avoided or not.
- Recommend. These should consist of actions to be done to be able to prevent the occurrence of the same incident.
Check out also our other offered templates such as these Daily Construction Report Templates.