Stakeholders, like shareholders and employees, take an interest in how the business entity they are involved in is progressing in the way they are forecast. In order for them to quantify the progress, a Business Financial Report is made for a specified period of time. Reports include financial analyses and comparisons of the company’s financial accounts. You may also see report samples.
Company Report Template
Financial Report Template
Annual Financial Report Template
Monthly Financial Report Template
Financial Report Sample for Small Business Template
To generate an Annual, Semi-Annual, Quarterly, or Monthly Financial Report, there various data charts and graphs presented coming from the different financial assets and liabilities of the company. To have an idea how it looks like, there are downloadable financial report templates for you to view and to study from this page.
Free Financial Report Template
Company and Financial Analysis Report
Company and Financial Status
Company and Financial Annual Template
Company and Financial Assessment
Company and Financial Audit Report Template
About Financial Report Templates
A financial report template shows a structured record presenting the financial activities and position of the business entity through presentation of basic financial statements, management discussions and analyses. An example template is a Quarterly Financial Report template.
Components in Making Financial Reports
The objective of a financial report is to disclose information to stakeholders about the entity’s performance, the financial position, and its changes throughout the accounting period that is useful in making economic decisions. A Financial Management Report is composed of the following components:
- Financial Statements. This section basically includes the balance sheet, the income statement, the cash flow statement, and the equity statement. These are generated from the various financial activities for a specified period of time.
- Notes to Financial Statements. These footnotes further discuss additional details with regards to the information that is present or that is absent on the financial statements.
- Quarterly and Annual Reports. This section presents three-month and twelve-month statements of the company. This is required for listed companies.
- Prospectus. In cases wherein a company sells stocks for the public for the first time, a prospectus is made to advertise and let the public know of the sale.
- Management Discussion and Analysis. This section shows the public an overview of the previous operations in comparison to the current financial performance of the company.
Company and Financial Management Statement
Company and Financial Performance Report
Company and Financial Accounts
Company and Group Financial Report
Understanding Financial Reports
- The financial statements presented in a financial report shows you where the company earned the money and how they used the money they earned. For example, a balance sheet shows a record of the properties they own, the debts they have, and the net amount of money they earned from day-to-day operations.
- The notes to financial statements show information about the company’s accounting policies and practices followed, income taxes, pension plans, and other retirement programs and stock options.
- The management discussion and analysis presents different ratios of the different accounts presented on the financial statements. These ratios aid stockholders and top management in their decision-making. Some examples are quick ratio, accounts receivable turnover ratio, earning per share and debt ratio which represents are basic ratios that fall under the liquidity, the efficiency, the profitability, and the leverage of an entity respectively.
From a rank-and-file employee to an executive one, a financial report presents the information a stakeholder of a business entity essentially needs. Knowing how it looks like through the report samples gives you an idea of how it is presented and made.