Coupons come in different hues or colors. As small as they are, these little things provide happiness to people. They are gems, especially in this time wherein everything seems to be so pricey. But positive feelings aren’t the only ones a coupon can bring. Imagine what would happen if these turn useless at a time people badly need help with money matters? The happiness brought by these little pieces of paper will definitely turn sour.
Coupons must serve its purpose. But that is only possible if these are made really well. Now how can one make an effective coupon? In this article, we will teach you the factors that make up a great coupon. Doing so, one may use tools that are easy to use or navigate through. Here, we will discuss how a coupon can be made using Microsoft Publisher.
Elements of a Good Coupon
1. A material used: Varied types of papers are used to make coupons. Depending on what creators aim for in making coupons, the paper used could be glossy, scented, tinted, thick or thin. What is important is that the material picked is not too bulky to bring along or not too delicate to handle.
2. Size: The size of a coupon is also a significant factor in efficacy. A size too small is easy to lose and easy to destroy. At times, important add-on details are shrunk just to fit the small coupon. More often than not, people miss opportunities brought about by these coupons because of the conditions that are not readable to them. As for those type of coupons that are more than a dollar’s size, they really are a pain to carry and they can be easily torn as well. Sticking as close to the standard size of a coupon is ideal for the creation.
3. Colors: If there is no need to use loud colors, pastel and monochromatic usually do the trick. Colors that are vivid tend to absorb a lot of attention. These are great for common holidays and events. But if not used carefully, it will be distracting and the info contained inside the coupon could become unclear. One must remember that whichever types of color are chosen, they should bear relevance to the promotion’s event or holiday.
4. Fonts: Using a traditional type of font is a smart approach. Using a font that complicates ease in reading really does nothing for the coupon’s purpose even if they are supposed to add an aesthetic touch. A good balance within the size of the coupon and the size of the font would do well in helping in relaying important info. Last to take note would be to make sure that the font’s color should contribute to the clarity of the contained details.
5. Graphics: Graphics can be helpful in catching attention and in giving emphasis on brands, events or promos. But too much will distract the eyes from the main point of interest on the coupon. The size of graphics must never be too dominant in the coupon in order to give focus on the coupon’s main feature, which is either the discount or free products and/or services.
10+ Coupon Templates in Publisher
Free Valentine’s Day Gift Coupon
Free Printable Coupon Template
Free Simple Coupon Template
Christmas Blank Coupon Template
Blank Advertising Coupon Template
Vintage Blank Coupon Template
Retro Blank Coupon Template
Love Blank Coupon Template
Free Blank Birthday Coupon Template
Blank Reward Coupon Template
Steps to Make a Great Coupon
1. Consider which paper material is appropriate: Use certain types that are not easily torn, smudged, or crumpled.
2. Choose the size of the coupon that is easy to carry: Using the standard size of a coupon is the best go-to choice. Anywhere near the standard is also a good option. Coupons of these sizes can easily be stored in pockets and wallets. Plus, these are handy.
3. Choose colors mindfully: Pick colors for the coupon that are in relevance to the promotion’s target event. Refrain from using vivid colors too often. Use monochromatic or themed sets of hues.
4. Choose the appropriate type, size, and color of font: Use the size of the font that only takes up space necessarily needed. Traditional fonts are ideal to support clarity in showcasing promotions. As for the font’s color, it should be a contrast to the paper’s color.
5. Use as few graphics as possible: Include only the needed amount of graphics to support the promotion stated on the coupon. It is unnecessary and eye distracting to use loud visuals.
Types of Coupons
- Complimentary: These are coupons that are used to claim freebies, treats, or free services. They are usually given a time when an event is upcoming, ongoing or recently passed.
- Pre-sale: These are coupons that are used to provide early access to products that are due to come to market at a later time.
- Promotional: The type of coupon is usually taken from books, magazines, and newspapers. These exist to promote patronage or purchases. These coupons contain conditions needed to be met before it becomes valid of its use.
- Reserve: For exclusive access to availability on high-end products, these coupons are given off. These are tailed usually with automatically provided coupons because these are only acquired through the loyalty of avails.
Coupon Template Sizes
- Nominal size: (2-1/16 x 3 inches)
- Popular size: (2.5 x 6 inches) – the size of a dollar bill
- Standard size: (3 x 8 inches)
- Long Bond size: (8.5 x 13 inches)
How are coupons similar and different from vouchers?
There are coupons similar to the size of vouchers. These two are both used either for discount or freebies. As for the differences, the voucher has a one-time use only while a coupon is repeatedly used until credits are exhausted. Coupons come five in numbers while voucher designs are given solo but can be compiled easier.
What sizes are most ideal in making coupons?
Sizes that are close to a paper money’s shape are preferable because they are easy to store and brought on hands.
Coupons made from Publisher is as easy as 1-2-3. Why give yourself a hard time when this tool can lift your pace? It can help out in making coupons of all types of favored themes and styles. You do it with fewer clicks, with style and at a fast time.