A Form Template is going to help you create forms that you would otherwise have no idea how to draft. Perhaps you don’t know the details involved. This also applies to when you know what the details are and how they should be laid out, but you just don’t have the time or inclination to draft the thing from scratch. These employment verification form templates should offer you an easy way out. These are for anyone looking to request proof of someone’s sample employment (or eligibility for employment) for any reason—for example, as part of your rental application process.
These PDF forms, as with all forms on Template.net, are available to download for free.
191+ Employee Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, HTML5, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Landlord Employment Verification Form Template
Employment Eligibility Verification Form Template
Employment Verification Request Form Template
Employment Verification Release Form Template
What Is Employment Verification and Why You Should Care
Employment verification is the process where you ask someone to provide paper proof of your status as an earning individual. This information is required for various institutions whose livelihood depends on your livelihood—i.e., your ability to pay.
You will often encounter verification for employment forms in these situations:
- Applying to rent a residential unit. See Tenant Employment Verification Form Template. Your landlord does not care about what your job is, per se, or how much you make. This information is important to them so they know whether you will be traveling a lot as a salesman and if you have the earning capability to pay back rent.
- Applying for a loan or mortgage. Again, this is simply to make sure that the applicant is in a stable financial situation and will therefore be capable of paying the mortgage off in installments down the road.
- Applying for a line of credit or opening a bank account. To open bank accounts, this is more often a proof of identification than anything else. When you want to start a credit record, however, they will need to know your employment status and whether you’re good for the credit.
How to Get Verification from Your Employer
Sometimes the individual or institution requesting information will go straight to the employer to ask for proof that you work (or used to work) with them.
However, your employer will be under certain legal restrictions when it comes to employee information (for instance, they will not be giving out your Training Assessment Form or HR Payroll Form to anyone who gets curious). So you will have to release your employer or give permission to send the appropriate documents or verification to the requesting institution.
- For this purpose, use the Employment Verification Release Form Template. Your employer’s HR department should be able to provide the verification itself on the same form.
- You can also use the Employment Verification Request Form Template to ask for the required verification beforehand.
Tenant Employment Verification Form Template
Self-Employment Verification Form Template
How to Use These Templates
As free PDF files, they can be printed out immediately for professional purposes. However, you might not be able to modify them. In this case you can use these forms as guidelines to help you create your own based on the contexts most useful in your situation.
Feel free to search our Business archives for more verification forms and letters for any stage of your professional career. Whether you need an HR Feedback Form or even more Employment Verification Letters, we’ve got you covered.