11+ Form Templates in Google Docs
Both employees and non-employees who engage in different sample agreements will need a document that is able to supply them with all of the information they need. It should be able to provide them with details regarding what it is that they need to learn about, who they’re dealing with, the purpose of learning the information and so on.
The one document that is able to do just that would happen to be a form. This article will teach you what you need to know in regards to the types of forms that you can create and how you can go about in creating them.
Elements of a Form
If you are going to start making a form, then it is important that you know about the basic elements. They are what is required in order for the document to provide people with the information that they are going to need. Not only that, but the elements ensure that the form looks as professional as it is supposed to.
So knowing, that here are the elements that you should implement in a form:
1. Title: Every form that you end up creating should have an appropriate title. This is because the title is the best way of giving readers information without them having to go through the entirety of the form. As you are making it, you need to make sure that it is related to the contents of the form and its purpose. For example, let’s say that the form you are creating is specifically meant for handling employee information. An appropriate title for this would be something like “Company Employee Information Form” or “Business Employee Information Form”.
2 Basic Information: There are specific forms wherein one will be required to provide his/her basic information. This is for the purpose of knowing the identity of the person who has gone through the document and who has potentially agreed to whatever agreement the form contains. What you would usually find here would be names, addresses, contact details, and sometimes one’s position and department of origin.
3. Date: Always make sure that the form has the date in which it was created. Make sure that you put in the day, month, and year when writing down the date.
4. Descriptions and Details: No matter what kind of form you end up creating, it is very important that there are accurate and detailed descriptions of any information that has to be presented to the reader. Make sure that these descriptions can easily be understood. Also, depending on the type of form that has to be made, important details must be included to guarantee that the person going through the form learns what he/she needs to.
11+ Forms in Google Docs
Safety Report Form Template
Incident Report Form Template
Car Loan Agreement Form Template
Roommate Rental Agreement Form
Annual Credit Report Form
Free Rental Application Form
Tenant Application Form Template
Free Stockroom Requisition Form
Candidate Evaluation Form Template
Free Completed Appraisal Form
Skills Analysis Form Template
How to Make a Form
It is needed for you to learn how to make a form if you want to make sure that it is actually able to serve its purpose. Learning how to make the form will also help you in properly presenting whatever information it should have in order for the readers to immediately understand what the document is for.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper form:
1. Learn how to access Google Docs: One of the easiest and best methods of creating a form, or nearly any other type of document, would be through the use of Google Docs. However, if you want to utilize it, then you will need to create a Gmail account first. All you have to do is to submit the information required and then you can have your own account. Once you have made it, then here are the things that you will need to do:
- Open your newly made Gmail account.
- Navigate the icons until you are able to find the one labeled “Docs”.
- Click it, and then choose if you would like to start making your form with a template or if you want to create one via a blank document.
2. Create your form: Even though you can use a template to help you create a form, there are instances wherein you will need to start from scratch. Should that be the case, you’ll need to consider how you should go about putting in the information the document needs and doing so in a way that will make it look professional. So here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Make sure everything is properly explained: Remember that whenever you have to provide descriptions, you need to do so in a way that the reader can easily understand. It’s best that you do not use technical jargon that the user might have a hard time understand. You should only use it when it is absolutely necessary. Also, just be sure that you keep these descriptions simple enough so that there won’t be any confusions or misunderstandings.
- Realize the purpose of the form: Knowing what the form is going to be used for is the best way of understanding what kind of information you will need to put into it. Also, it’s also great for helping you come up with a title that’s in-line with the document’s purpose.
- Provide all of the necessary details: Remember that different types of forms will have different items in them. So what that means is that you will also have to provide different details depending on the type of form that you have to make. Be sure that you are fully aware as to what kind of form you have to make so that you’ll know what you have to include. If you’re having trouble with this, then you can check out samples of the form you want to make and use that as a reference.
Tips for Making a Form
- Check to see if everything is where it should be: When it comes to making a form, consistency is key. What this means is that you need to check and see if there is anything that’s missing or if there’s anything that you are going to have to correct. It is especially important for you to do this for forms that are business-related. Just make sure that you go through the form thoroughly to guarantee that you do not miss out on anything important.
- Think about the format: No matter what kind of document you end up creating, you must seriously consider the format. It is very important that whatever information that it will contain can easily be understood and read. So what you will need to do is to find a font and font size that you think is appropriate for the form you are going to create; when making business forms, it’s best to stick with Times New Roman, Arial, or any other forms meant for business-related documents.
Types of Forms
Learning how to make a form and its elements are necessary, but something else that you must learn would be the types that you can make. It should be clear that there are many different types of agreements that can be made, as well as other different reasons that would lead to one creating a form. So you should know what types of forms can be made so that you can make the right one when needed. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Order Forms
- Appraisal Form
- Record Form
- Incident Report Form
- Accident Report Form
- Agreement Form
- Application Form
Should you wish to learn more about the different variety of forms, or if you want to learn about other types of documents, then you can check out our site as it has many different articles that should contain what you need.
How do I make sure that the reader fully understands the contents of the form?
You can always provide an accurate explanation as to what the form is going to be used for, or you can decide to go over the form with the other party just to make sure that he/she is fully aware of its contents and purpose. Either option is good, but you can also choose to do both if you need to.
Is Google Docs the only way to make a form?
While Google Docs is one of the more convenient methods of creating a form, there are always other things that you can use. A perfect example would be Microsoft Word as it has generally become the standard program for creating just about any kind of document.
So long as you make the most out of the information that is presented in this article, then you can guarantee that you make the right form and that you make it well.