Business memorandum, or popularly known as a business memo, is a written communication within a business or company. It is a type of business letter that is used to make a request and announce important events. They are more private and formal than e-mails but less formal than letters.
Memos are more favorable when sending out short and straight-to-the-point casual information to many people. Although e-mails have somewhat taken over the power of sending precise conversation, old-fashioned memos are still very important. Which is why we have provided for you some business Memo Template that you can use to spread out information or events around the office.
Standard Business Memo Template
Free Business Memo Template
Financial Business Memo Template
Legal Business Memo Template
Blank Business Memo Template
Why Use Memos?
Here are some reasons as to why using of memos are still necessary:
- They are a great vehicle for informing the people about sudden company policies changes. The memo can arrive to the employee’s knowledge fast.
- They are a great vehicle for announcements like employee promotion, new employees on board or retiring employees. Memos can reduce the need for annual meetings which may disrupt productivity of employees.
- They are great for asking action requests from employees, such are asking for valid ID’s for data information from Human Resources.
- They are great for reminders. Management can distribute memos again and again to be able to remind employees about upcoming events and such.
- They are great inexpensive to use and create. As memos can be sent via e-mail, or even by printing it on paper, the establishment can still spend less than having to hold a formal business meeting.
- They are great evidence when a dispute arises between employees. If an employee failed to follow such action reminder and claims to not receive such memo concerning it, the memo itself could hold as an evidence of the employee’s failure to execute such action asked.
- They are great for business timelines. The company will be able to recall their activities in a specific time along the way.
Are you now ready to check out some of our templates? How about starting with the Business Memo Template or Confidential Memo Template samples on our website?
Professional Business Memo Template
Persuasive Business Memo Template
Business Analysis Memo Template
Business Development Memo Template
Sample Business Memo Template
Creating Your Own Memo
Now that you know the purposes on why memos are still important, here is a head start on how to formulate your own.
- Heading. This part contains the sender the recipients, the date and the subject of the memo.
- Opening. This part consist of what the purpose of the memo is.
- Body. This part includes the information related to the subject and the purpose. Do not include information that is not relevant to the readers.
- Closing. This part can have actions that should be necessary to do and any benefits the reader may get.
We have offered you various types of memo templates that you can choose from and that can cater to any of your needs. Our templates include:
- Standard Business Memo
- Financial Business Memo
- Legal Business Memo
- Professional Business Memo
- Persuasive Business Memo
- Business Analysis Memo
- Business Development Memo
Our Memo templates, such as Professional Memo Template, are free of charge to use, they are custom-made for any purposes you may need them for, and are efficient, which means all you have to do is click download and print for your own use.