A memo is the commonly used short form of a memorandum. The term in Latin means “to be remembered” literally. In other words, a memo may be defined as a note or any other kind of document which serves to remind someone of something. For example, in your place of work, you may leave a memo reminding someone to carry out a particular task. You can also see Business Memo Template. In many ways, a memo resembles a letter, however the latter is intended mainly for external communication, whereas the communication in the case of memo is internal.Now you might not have written a memo before, and that is perfectly all right! There is no reason to feel sorry for yourself, especially since you have Memo Template samples to guide you. These samples will make your job easier for you, since you will be able to download these templates and customize them. So what are you waiting for?
Free Download Proper Memo Template Free Download
Professional Memo Template Free MS Word Format
MS Word Format Standard Memo Free Template
Official Memo Template Free Download Word Format
Deloitte Memo Free Download Word 2010 Format Template
MS Word EC Memo Template Free Download
Interoffice Legal Memo Template Word Format Free Download
Word Format Decision Memo Template Free Download
Credit Memo Template Free Word Format Download
Technical Memo Template Word 2010 Format Free Download
Types of Memo
There are different kinds of memos that are used every day, some of them are-
- Request memo– In this kind, you are expected to state your request in a cordial and formal manner because you are seeking approval for something
- Financial memo– In most companies, financial memos are handed over to the employees to keep them on board with the financial progress being made by the company
- Announcement memo– In large companies, it is not possible for the executives to personally invite all employees for Meeting Memo and other events. Thus, a memo is handed out which saves time.
- Dress code and code of conduct memo– Most companies and offices have specific codes of conduct which the employees must abide by. They are also Internal Memo instructed to follow a specific dress code. All this is covered in the memo.
Why Use Memo Templates?
If you thought that creating a memo would be simple, you couldn’t be more wrong. There are a lot of things that must be kept into consideration while writing a memo. But that could take up too much of your time. Instead, you can just download memo Free Templates in Word. These are not only easy to use and download, but also pretty easy to edit and customize? That is certainly the biggest advantage of using downloadable memo templates.
Tips to Keep in Mind While Creating a Memo
There is a lot more to a memo than meets the eye. You are bound to be stuck in a rut half way if you fail to follow the recommended steps. Even if you choose to download memo templates, there are a few things that you must keep in mind. Some of them are-
- The type of the memo is of the utmost importance. Why do you need the memo? Are you using it for official purposes, or something trivial? Does it talk about an announcement? How urgent is it? These are a few questions you must ask yourself.
- The tone of the memo must be kept simple and precise. Embellished language should be avoided so that the message is conveyed clearly. Try to use short sentences and you must learn the art of saying a lot using few MS Words.
- If it is an announcement, make sure all the details are incorporated properly in the memo.
Come to Us!
You must take a look at the vast collection of Microsoft word memo templates we have in store for you at template.net.