In business, gap analysis is formal study used to identify the status of the business. A gap analysis report on the other hand is a formal report that states how well the business is doing at present, and how well it will do and how far it will go in the future.
A gap analysis report is related to a data analysis report as it involves the analyzing and evaluating of data so it can be transformed into information useful in the field of business. If you need to refer to existing documents of this type, do so by scrolling down our list of gap analysis reports below.
Gap Analysis Summary
Gap Analysis Project Report
Health and Safety Gap Analysis
Business Process Gap Analysis
Gap Analysis Audit Report
Guidelines on Writing Gap Analysis Report
Coming up with a gap analysis report is a complex process that can also be quite tedious. This is why we are providing you with report templates and report samples, such as management report templates and data analysis templates.
Though this may be the case, it is still imperative that you learn the basics of writing one.
- Create organizational goals that are effective, realistic, and timely without compromising its attainability. Goals with narrow scope are easier to measure and understand. Before analyzing gaps, goals must also be quantifiable.
- Set a standard in your current state. Checking your historical data will help you evaluate if your current performance is better than your past performance. If historical data is unavailable then you might collect sample data or conduct a survey from customer’s feedback.
- Analyzing the gap data is the next thing to do. you activities cause will have to check which possible activities caused such poor or well performance. Creating a diagram of the possible causes is the easiest way to analyze because information is narrowed down.
- Compiling the report is the last thing to do. The executive summary must contain results and reasons for the gaps must be clearly addressed.
Training Gap Analysis
HR Gap Analysis
Data Gap Analysis
Gap Analysis Report Writing Tips
When we write something, we always make sure that we write well. That is why lots of report samples and templates are being shared across the Internet. It is to help individuals feel at ease when writing business documents. Professional report templates, such as those for gap analysis report, can assist you in all corporate undertakings.
Below are the tips in conducting gap analysis report.
- Identify the current state of your business, whether it is doing well or not. Start listing down on which sections of business operations you want to perform gap analysis.
- Identify the future state that you want to achieve. List down the future state that corresponds to the current one.
- Check if the current and future sate matches each other. If they don’t, then there must be a gap.
- Create gap description. Describe why the gap exists and its possible causes together with corresponding strategies to deal with it.
- Provide a gap resolution. The things you will do to resolve the gap. All possible resolutions can should be mentioned too.
If you adhere to the tips in conducting the gap analysis, then it would be easier for you to identify your problems and solutions in your company and business.