7+ Schedule Templates in Google Docs
People leave busy lives on a daily basis. They have tasks that they need to complete and sometimes it’s hard for them to remember what has to be done, where it has to be done, or when it has to be done. They’ll need something to always help them stay on track.
And that’s why it’s best that these people make use of schedule planners to help them out. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know to help you create your very own schedule.
Elements of a Schedule
Coming up with your schedule is something that you’ll want to do if you have any intentions of completing tasks at the time when they’re supposed to be done. In order to make one, you’re going to have to learn about the basic elements of a schedule first. Having these elements ensures that the schedule does what it’s supposed to: Helping you keep track of what you have to do and when you have to do it.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that just about every good schedule template should have:
1. Title: The title of your schedule is very important as it immediately tells you what the document is for. You have to make sure that whatever title that you come up with is directly related to the schedule’s intended purpose. For example, if you plan on making one that helps you know what type of workout for beginners needs to be done on specific days, then the title should be something like “Beginner’s Workout Schedule” or something else that’s similar.
2. Names: There are instances where you’ll want the schedule to contain the names of the people that are involved in doing specific tasks, or the name of the person to whom the schedule is assigned to. Not every schedule should have names, but the instances wherein they’re needed will require you to type them in properly. This means that you’ll need to provide the first name, last name, and middle initial to any name that you include.
3. Date and Time: Since we’re talking about a schedule, it’s obvious that it should have both dates and time. Whether it be a weekly, daily or hourly schedule, you may put in all of the days of the week along with all 24 hours of the day, or you might only put in specific dates and time in it. Either way, just be sure that you provide both.
4. Task Details: It’s here where you’ll be putting in the information regarding what it is that you have to do. Be sure that you clearly point out the tasks that have to be completed or the things that need to happen so that there won’t be any confusions or misunderstandings.
7+ Schedule Templates in Google Doc
Weekly Study Schedule Template
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Template
Teacher Appointment Schedule Template
Appointment Schedule Format
Weight Loss Schedule Format
Production Schedule Template
Workout Schedule Template Layout
How to Make a Schedule via Google Doc
Now that you know what exactly a schedule should contain, the next step is for you to learn how to actually make one. Take note that making a schedule via Google Doc is definitely not a difficult task, but you need to know exactly how to do it in order for you to be able to make it well. You want to make sure that the schedule you make helps you keep track of what you’re supposed to do, and that can only happen if the schedule contains all the information it needs to help you.
So to do that, be sure to follow these steps to help you make a proper schedule:
1. Access Your Google Mail Account: The first thing that you’re going to have to do is to make sure that you access your Google Mail Account. If you don’t already have one, then you’re going to have to take some time to make it. Once you’ve made one, then proceed to do the following:
- Open up your Gmail then proceed to find and click on the “Drive” option. A new tab will be opened.
- Go to the new tab and click on the “New” option. Look for the “Google Document” option and click on it.
- Choose as to whether you would like to start from a blank document or if you would like to use a template to make your schedule
- Proceed with making your schedule
The process is fairly simple and you can follow these instructions to make just about any documents via Google Docs.
2. Provide the Details of the Schedule: If you decide not to use a schedule template to help you make one, then you’re going to have start from scratch. What this means is that you’re going to have to be the one to make sure that the schedule has all the information that it needs. So make sure that you are able to put in the following:
- Item/ Task Descriptions: Considering that there are things that you need to do or things that you need to keep track off, you’re going to have to provide a detailed explanation of what they are. Make sure that you or anyone else who reads them can easily understand what they are by providing accurate descriptions for every item.
- Date and Time: For every task or item that you include in your schedule, you’re going to have to assign them a date and time in which they have to be started and finished. Remember that your schedule may have the entire days of the week as well as all of the hours within the day, or you can limit it to just specific days and time.
- Location: There will be times where you will need to point out the location of where something needs to be done. Should that be the case, make sure that you provide an accurate description of the location that these tasks are supposed to happen.
Tips for Making a Schedule
- Understand what the schedule is for: If you want to make sure that the schedule you make has the information it needs, then you’re going to have to learn about its purpose first. Whether it be a daily or weekly schedule, this will help ensure that you know exactly what it is that you have to place inside your schedule. Not only that, but it can also help you come up with an appropriate title that will help remind you about the purpose of the schedule you made.
- Always check for mistakes: There are times where you might write down the wrong task or you could end up including something that’s not supposed to be in the schedule. To avoid either from happening, you’re going to have to double-check what you’ve made. That way, you can guarantee that you are able to spot and immediately fix any mistakes that you could have made.
Types of Schedule Templates
If you plan on making a schedule, then you should know that there are different types that you can make. The fact that their different types show that each of them has their own specific purpose. Knowing what you can make will ensure that you create one that fits your needs. So here are a few examples of schedules that you are able to make:
- Maintenance Schedule
- Production Schedule
- Hourly Schedule
- Weekly Appointment Schedule
- Payment Schedule
- Camp Schedule
- Weekly Cleaning Schedule
- Teacher Appointment Schedule
- Schedule Planner
- Cleaning Schedule
If you would like to learn about the other types of schedules that you can make, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to find all of the information that you are going to need.
Is There a Convenient Way to Access My Schedule?
Yes. Modern technology has given us the ability to carry our schedules in the most convenient way possible: through our mobile devices. So long as you have the right app or program that allows you to open the schedule you’ve made, then you shouldn’t have to worry about never being able to access it whenever you please.
What Are the Other Formats I Can Make It In?
Aside from using Google Docs, you can make your schedule in formats such as Word or even Excel. It’s all about personal preference when it comes to making one so make sure that you have the appropriate program that allows you to make it in the format you want.
Are There Templates for All Kinds of Schedules
While there is a decent amount of templates that cover a wide array of schedules, that doesn’t mean that every schedule type is covered. If you’re going to get too specific, the most likely there won’t be a template for the schedule you want. If so, then the only thing that you can do is to make one from scratch.
Coming up with a schedule may be easy, but remember that you want to make sure that it looks organized and that it actually helps you keep track of what you have to do. So long as you follow the steps and use whatever information is presented in this article, then you won’t have to worry about your schedule doing that.